U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 07:05 PM

6,225 posts, read 12,564,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The people in the caravans are mostly asylum seekers. Needing a job is not a viable reason to claim asylum. We don't need any more blue-collared laborers in our country. If we do we will provide visas for them but it's not done on our border.
So what’s your point?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 09:29 AM

12,938 posts, read 19,654,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We are talking if 10-30 million people were gone.
We are??? Who thinks 10-30 million will just be gone?

Old 04-16-2019, 10:21 AM

75,965 posts, read 32,473,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
We are??? Who thinks 10-30 million will just be gone?
Not me but that was the basis of the discussion. Profiting off the 10-30 million that are here.

The only way that doesn't happen is if they aren't here.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:05 PM

3,139 posts, read 2,152,627 times
I see some arguments here from pro-illegal immigrant but what is your policy on the 30 million who are here already, and the ones who want to come here. Do you think the border should just be open eliminate all restrictions allow people to move across the border freely? That sounds scary, but also very much a free market idea. Should we just make the 30 million who came here over the last 30 years legal?

Lot of people argue against illegal immigration want to build walls, add more border patrol, close loop hole anyone born in US soil automatically becomes a citizen, and crack down on business who hire illegal immigrants.

I have even googled this answer pro illegal immigrant groups really don't have any policy what should be done? I know the Obama administration talked about a guest worker program, and making the 30 million legal who didn't have a criminal record.

Do guest worker programs solve the problem? Guest workers would be paid minimum wage, and force business to spend more money to hire them still be easier to just hire illegal worker, and the anchor baby issues still there.

Reality is guest worker, and amnesty for 30 million people can't solve anything unless we fix the 14th amendment issue, and crack down on illegal hiring as well. That's my idea on what should be done. We have to stop the reason for the illegal immigrant to want to come here in the first place the biggest draw is if they can have kids on American soil they will have a better life then they did in places like Honduras. I think everyone can agree the top priority for congress is to pass a constitutional amendment to fix the anchor baby issues. If congress could just could get that passed would really help in stopping the flow.

Last edited by kell490; 04-16-2019 at 10:16 PM..

Old 04-17-2019, 03:27 AM

75,965 posts, read 32,473,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I see some arguments here from pro-illegal immigrant but what is your policy on the 30 million who are here already, and the ones who want to come here. Do you think the border should just be open eliminate all restrictions allow people to move across the border freely? That sounds scary, but also very much a free market idea. Should we just make the 30 million who came here over the last 30 years legal?
The only thing you could do is go after the employers and obviously we are not going to do that. We could make those here, here legally but then the employers will simply hire more illegals. No, a wall is not going to stop this. A wall is simply a smokescreen hiding the fact that we will not go after the actual problem. It matters none what "I think" What I think makes no difference.

Quote:
Lot of people argue against illegal immigration want to build walls, add more border patrol, close loop hole anyone born in US soil automatically becomes a citizen, and crack down on business who hire illegal immigrants.

I have even googled this answer pro illegal immigrant groups really don't have any policy what should be done? I know the Obama administration talked about a guest worker program, and making the 30 million legal who didn't have a criminal record.

Do guest worker programs solve the problem? Guest workers would be paid minimum wage, and force business to spend more money to hire them still be easier to just hire illegal worker, and the anchor baby issues still there.

Reality is guest worker, and amnesty for 30 million people can't solve anything unless we fix the 14th amendment issue, and crack down on illegal hiring as well. That's my idea on what should be done. We have to stop the reason for the illegal immigrant to want to come here in the first place the biggest draw is if they can have kids on American soil they will have a better life then they did in places like Honduras. I think everyone can agree the top priority for congress is to pass a constitutional amendment to fix the anchor baby issues. If congress could just could get that passed would really help in stopping the flow.
Many argue for cracking down on the employers. Do you see anyone that is able to do that, doing that?

Old 04-17-2019, 05:22 AM

35,507 posts, read 15,635,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I’m not trying to derail the conversation but to your point about multiple families living in a SFH....please explain to me why you would care about something like this? Especially at a time when rents are skyrocketing in major cities across the country. I’d rather have low income folks splitting rent than living on the streets. Wouldn’t you?
"but to your point about multiple families living in a SFH....please explain to me why you would care about something like this?"

I'll tell you why I CARE.

LIBERAL municipalities PASSED occupancy laws going on and on when the bills were up for a vote about how IMPORTANT they are for LOTS of reasons.

For instance, Once a boy and girl reach a certain age, they CANNOT share the same bedroom.

Then you have the hygiene and health issues when overcrowded.

NOW they are NOT policing the very laws they passed.

Very HYPOCRITICAL of them, IMO. Which is TYPICAL of dems.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Which would drive values down more? Cars sitting around or the properties sitting empty?

"Which would drive values down more? DUH!

Old 04-17-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post

" Should we just make the 30 million who came here over the last 30 years legal? NO!

We should NOT REWARD people for breaking the law. PERIOD!

Just as we TAKE AWAY things bought by drug dealers with drug money.

"who didn't have a criminal record."

They have "criminal record" just by being here ILLEGALLY.

Explain how they survive. In order to survive thy have to eat. Where do they get the money to buy food? To pay the rent, etc.?

In order to get a LEGAL job, you have to provide your Social Security number. They do NOT HAVE ONE.

How do they pay there taxes without that SS number??

They work ILLEGALLY. They are breaking laws EVERY MINUTE they are here.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The people in the caravans are mostly asylum seekers. Needing a job is not a viable reason to claim asylum. We don't need any more blue-collared laborers in our country. If we do we will provide visas for them but it's not done on our border.

"The people in the caravans are mostly asylum seekers."

And about only 20% get asylum status. The other 80% are sent back.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
The only thing you could do is go after the employers and obviously we are not going to do that. We could make those here, here legally but then the employers will simply hire more illegals. No, a wall is not going to stop this. A wall is simply a smokescreen hiding the fact that we will not go after the actual problem. It matters none what "I think" What I think makes no difference.

Many argue for cracking down on the employers. Do you see anyone that is able to do that, doing that?
Looks like you only get your "news" from the liberal alphabet channels.

"
ICE arrests: In Texas, biggest immigration bust in decade at CVE Tech

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/...arrests-texas.../3362163002/

Apr 4, 2019 - More than 280 employees of a Texas telecommunication company were arrested ... ICE arrests 280 at Texas firm, biggest immigration bust in a decade ..... “Businesses that knowingly hire illegal aliens create an unfair advantage over ... 'This may not be your typical blizzard': 200 million face weather mess."

It IS being done EVERY day, not this many at one place, but the liberal media does NOT report on it because it doesn't fit their pro-illegal immigrant agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or