U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 07:29 AM

76,843 posts, read 32,847,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Looks like you only get your "news" from the liberal alphabet channels.

"
ICE arrests: In Texas, biggest immigration bust in decade at CVE Tech

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/...arrests-texas.../3362163002/

Apr 4, 2019 - More than 280 employees of a Texas telecommunication company were arrested ... ICE arrests 280 at Texas firm, biggest immigration bust in a decade ..... ďBusinesses that knowingly hire illegal aliens create an unfair advantage over ... 'This may not be your typical blizzard': 200 million face weather mess."

It IS being done EVERY day, not this many at one place, but the liberal media does NOT report on it because it doesn't fit their pro-illegal immigrant agenda.
Busting a business here or there is not going to do a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2019, 07:57 AM

6,307 posts, read 12,617,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but to your point about multiple families living in a SFH....please explain to me why you would care about something like this?"

I'll tell you why I CARE.

LIBERAL municipalities PASSED occupancy laws going on and on when the bills were up for a vote about how IMPORTANT they are for LOTS of reasons.

For instance, Once a boy and girl reach a certain age, they CANNOT share the same bedroom.

Then you have the hygiene and health issues when overcrowded.

NOW they are NOT policing the very laws they passed.

Very HYPOCRITICAL of them, IMO. Which is TYPICAL of dems.
So what’s your proposed solution? Do you think these restrictions should be lifted or do you think they should remain and be strictly enforced?

It’s my understanding that they were put into place for at a time when it made more sense and now the main issue in places like NYC, San Francisco, L.A., Seattle, D.C., etc. is housing affordability. As such, these cities need to look at loosening restrictions like this as part of a larger effort to make housing more affordable for low and lower-middle income folks.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:34 AM

12,983 posts, read 19,758,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
So whatís your proposed solution? Do you think these restrictions should be lifted or do you think they should remain and be strictly enforced?

Itís my understanding that they were put into place for at a time when it made more sense and now the main issue in places like NYC, San Francisco, L.A., Seattle, D.C., etc. is housing affordability. As such, these cities need to look at loosening restrictions like this as part of a larger effort to make housing more affordable for low and lower-middle income folks.
They are doing other things for that. There are income restricted (affordable housing) properties spread out throughput the DC area. I live in one. This is much preferable to doing it the way you want. This is a great solution from my experience.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:26 AM

6,307 posts, read 12,617,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
They are doing other things for that. There are income restricted (affordable housing) properties spread out throughput the DC area. I live in one. This is much preferable to doing it the way you want. This is a great solution from my experience.
Yeah....income restricted housing comes along with its own issues. My preference is to find free market solutions and loosening zoning and apartment occupancy restrictions are two ways this can be achieved.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:32 PM

3,167 posts, read 2,186,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree with fixing the misinterpretation of the birthright citizenship clause in our Constitution but I disagree with you on giving amnesty to millions of illegal aliens and I have stated the many reasons why in here already. One major reason is that we don't need these people and Americans need their jobs back.

I never said I support Amnesty what I said is if congress wants to pass Amnesty & Guest worker program it would solve nothing unless they fix the wording in the 14th amendment. Realistically the only way to pass any meaningful legislation we would have to include an amnesty for the ones been here for so many years. I would like to first have the constitutional amendment done if we had a stand alone bill to just fix the 14th amendment it could be done in a 3-4 years, but if we don't include amnesty won't have 38 of 50 states to ratify it.

We could just go on arguing about it and nothing gets done. Now we even have a bigger problem with the catch and release situation. It's not going to get better only worse walls won't solve the problem either.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:41 AM

35,694 posts, read 16,034,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I never said I support Amnesty what I said is if congress wants to pass Amnesty & Guest worker program it would solve nothing unless they fix the wording in the 14th amendment. Realistically the only way to pass any meaningful legislation we would have to include an amnesty for the ones been here for so many years. I would like to first have the constitutional amendment done if we had a stand alone bill to just fix the 14th amendment it could be done in a 3-4 years, but if we don't include amnesty won't have 38 of 50 states to ratify it.

We could just go on arguing about it and nothing gets done. Now we even have a bigger problem with the catch and release situation. It's not going to get better only worse walls won't solve the problem either.
In your above post and your prior one it appeared that you support amnesty just as long as birthright citizenship is eliminated. It doesn't have to be that way "realistically". We can continue to deport illegal aliens as they are found and secure our border without granting amnesty as a trade off for eliminating birthright citizenship.

Yes, walls should be a part of the solution as they have already proven to work. Even the Border Patrol and Homeland Security say so. How many more would get through without good physical barriers? Think about it! In some areas they have cut back illegal entry by 80-90%. Are they useless unless it's 100%? I don't think so.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:11 AM

15,419 posts, read 6,065,889 times
Quote:
I agree with fixing the misinterpretation of the birthright citizenship clause in our Constitution but I disagree with you on giving amnesty to millions of illegal aliens and I have stated the many reasons why in here already. One major reason is that we don't need these people and Americans need their jobs back.
There aren't many Americans, at least in urban areas, that want jobs in child or elder care, at least as one on one aides. I have no problem with keeping laws stringent so that illegals have to be on their best behavior, and not seek to collect benefits. Some say that will lead to exploitation. Those so "exploited" can easily enough seek a new position or leave the U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Busting a business here or there is not going to do a thing.
Keeps people on their toes and on their best behavior.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
There aren't many Americans, at least in urban areas, that want jobs in child or elder care, at least as one on one aides. I have no problem with keeping laws stringent so that illegals have to be on their best behavior, and not seek to collect benefits. Some say that will lead to exploitation. Those so "exploited" can easily enough seek a new position or leave the U.S.Keeps people on their toes and on their best behavior.

I disagree. I know plenty of Americans who care for the elderly and children but even if that were true that we don't have Americans to do those jobs we can and would have visas for those types of workers/jobs. It's unacceptable to employ illegal aliens for any jobs as it is against the law and that's all that matters.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:30 PM

3,167 posts, read 2,186,009 times
Quote:
In your above post and your prior one it appeared that you support amnesty just as long as birthright citizenship is eliminated. It doesn't have to be that way "realistically". We can continue to deport illegal aliens as they are found and secure our border without granting amnesty as a trade off for eliminating birthright citizenship.

Yes, walls should be a part of the solution as they have already proven to work. Even the Border Patrol and Homeland Security say so. How many more would get through without good physical barriers? Think about it! In some areas they have cut back illegal entry by 80-90%. Are they useless unless it's 100%? I don't think so.

Your dream of a wall will never become reality it's not supported by congress or the American people. What is supported is changing the 14th amendment, and coming down on business's who profit from illegal labor.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/246455/...rder-wall.aspx

Old 04-18-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Your dream of a wall will never become reality it's not supported by congress or the American people. What is supported is changing the 14th amendment, and coming down on business's who profit from illegal labor.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/246455/...rder-wall.aspx
Funny how congress was all for it back in 2006 when the actual wall bill was passed with both Schumer and Obama's signature on it. There is a lot more support for the wall than changing birthright citizenship. That's been tried and tried again but there was little support for it, unfortunately. Criminals, terrorists and the drug runners aren't interested in jobs or birthright citizenship for their kids, thus the wall.

I would understand your objection to the wall if there wasn't overwhelmingly a lot of proof out there that they are a huge deterrant, however that's not the case so I'm puzzled by your stance against it especially since the Border Patrol has said that these walls are needed. Who would know better than them?

The poll you provided also claimed that 81% of Americans support amnesty and a path to citizenship for those here illegally already. I have to wonder who they polled. I don't believe that for one minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or