Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you respect an illegal alien who pays taxes more than you do other illegal immigrants?
Yes 15 17.24%
No 64 73.56%
No opinion 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:59 AM

49 posts, read 118,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Still felonies.

good link. It's been my experience that I have seen with my own eyes that most of the illegals in charlotte get paid cash. Others, who steal identity, use several dependents throughout the year not withholding taxes and than not filing at the end of the year. Just use another # and get another job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 02:16 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAdam View Post
I am personally affected by illegal immigration when;

- a trip to the ER takes hours b/c illegals use the ER as a doctor's office

- my commute takes longer b/c of the illegals crowding the freeways (yes, there is a difference, evidenced when there as the call for them to stay home for a day to show us how much we needed them and the commute took about 2/3 the time it usually does)

- my taxes have to be used to pay for the ballooning number of incarcerated illegals held in US jails for crimes they committed when they came here

- my taxes have to be used to prosecute the ballooning number of criminally-minded illegals who have committed crimes while in the US illegally

- my taxes are used to pay for the schooling of illegal alien children in the local schools

regardless of where you fall on this debate, to sanctimoniously claim that b/c you haven't been affected by illegal immigration and it is therefore not a problem for everyone else is beyond absurd. If you truly haven't been affected, then you are very fortunate. If on the other hand, you are forced to deal with the ramifications wrought by the illegal immigration population in the southwest, then it is substantially easier to comprehend the bitterness and divisiveness that comes with this form of discussion.

i dont remember the last time the ER was fast visit.
ER takes people by priority.

This past week I got a very serious injury and was taken care of immediately.
When I followed up the next day, i waited for hours. Because there was other people who need help first! It was frustrating, but I knew others needed it first.

Expecting doors to part for YOU, IS narcisisstic!

What are you guys going to complain about next? the long lines at the dmv?
the long lines outside of concerts?

Old 04-18-2008, 02:32 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

When I followed up the next day, i waited for hours. Because there was other people who need help first! It was frustrating, but I knew others needed it first.

The long lines are not because of overpopulation my dear, sorry but you are not old enough to remember all the Emergencies that had to shut down in the greater LA area because of those who skipped out on their bill. If the entire facility didn't shut down, then they closed their Emergency Care Units because they were taking it in the pants financially. Hint: legal residents are traceable - illegals are not. Guess who the hospital pursues first to collect their debt?

Each night, ambulances have to find out before they take their emergency care patient to the hospital, which of the few are even willing to take their victim/patient. It is frustrating, but it is not because we live in a big city. It is because hospitals need to pay their bills too.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:37 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,745,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

My friend broke his nose and had to go to an er in mankato, minnesota. That town is probably one of the whitest towns with little or no illegal immigrant population, yet he had to wait 3 hours before he was taken care off.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:48 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
My friend broke his nose and had to go to an er in mankato, minnesota. That town is probably one of the whitest towns with little or no illegal immigrant population, yet he had to wait 3 hours before he was taken care off.
Gasp! Not another isolated personal incident used to distract and derail a thread on the immigration forum - Exedous, is that you?

Old 04-18-2008, 04:32 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I know what you mean. For years I worked with a guy who'd grown up in Ohio. He explained that the large cities were overrun by ill-educated, impoverished folks from "south of the border". They clung together in run-down neighborhoods, drank, fought, listened to 'their own music", ate 'funny stuff', and occasionally committed homicide upon each other. AND they "talked funny", too. He said LOTS of people wished they'd "go home" where they belonged....Kentucky.

So, you're right....illegal immigration is really no problem at all. ( I guess..?....)...it's LEGAL immigration that's the problem.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:30 PM

15 posts, read 70,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty704 View Post
How does an "Illigal" pay taxes????? If you are here illegal than YOU DONT HAVE A SS# TO PAY TAXES or any other papers for that matter.
That is why illegals should not be here living off us tax payers.........Get legal r go back where there from. Make since to me...... I can't live for free in no other country! And get everybody there to speak English for me, break the law and still walk down the street and yell and complain oh yeah I need to take my US flag with me too. And nobody better not tell me a thing about it!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:11 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,680 times
I respect them equally, but I don't admire our citizens that do not pay their taxes one little bit.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:04 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I respect them equally, but I don't admire our citizens that do not pay their taxes one little bit.
Like Wesley Snipes?

Old 09-03-2008, 02:01 AM

3 posts, read 10,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Yes I do because it is one step in the right direction.

But seriously they should be fined heavily every year they are here illegally
NO WONDER THE U.S. GOVERNMENT TAXES THEIR OWN PEOPLE SO HIGH CAUSE THEIR CONSIDER ILLEGALS...WHAT A SHAME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration