U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Southwest "morally" belongs to the Mexicans?
Yes, its their land that we took. 12 11.54%
No, we won it fair and square. 87 83.65%
Not sure, dont really know the whole situation. 5 4.81%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:12 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,037,654 times

Advertisements

Do you think the Southwest "morally" belongs to the Mexicans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 01:20 AM

Personally, I say no. Lands are won and lost by war and conflict. Thats how countires have grown, formed, and expanded in the past. Oh well.

Besides, if they get the Southwest back, what are they going to do with it? They will be back in Mexico, and jump over the new border. This crap that "its our territory" is dumb because they know that if they get it back for Mexico, they will be in the same situation they escaped from.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:25 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,552,571 times
mexican people are not running to claim something that was taken away from them. they are running away from something mainly how they are being treated in their own country mainly very very badly. america did not steal anything. americans came to the coast uninvited lookin for gold in 49. mexican people are doin the same thing.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:32 AM

These people look so warm and fuzzy.

Flipping off the people who pay their taxes. How nice of the little leeches.

GREAT IDEA!! Where can I sign up????

I dont remember them owning the continent. They lost it in war. Too bad so sad.

Awwww.....he looks lonely, does he need a friend? I probably have paid for not only his jail time, but his hospital visits, policing, and welfare. And those tatoos were probably on my dime too .

No immigrant group has ever done this before have they?

Last edited by ontheroad; 04-11-2008 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: Images removed for copyright issues.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:38 AM

493 posts, read 445,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I swear, people say that Los Angeles and San Antonio basically belong to Mexico because of their names...places that were settled by Spaniards...the Spaniards engaged in pretty much the same immoral behavior that the English did...the Spaniards mated with many of the native Women, where as the English pretty much just killed all of the Natives.
Look at Mexico...it's Races...and it's Economics, many of the Natives live in the most abject poverty...while the White people (who compose around 10%-15% of the population live in enormous haciendas and have great wealth (many do, not all)...and we who don't want benefits given to law breakers are chastised as "racists"? WHAZZAP?!?!?!
Where do you think Los Angeles and San Antonio would be if Mexico controlled it from the mid 1800's until now?

Old 04-11-2008, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
I swear, people say that Los Angeles and San Antonio basically belong to Mexico because of their names...places that were settled by Spaniards...the Spaniards engaged in pretty much the same immoral behavior that the English did...the Spaniards mated with many of the native Women, where as the English pretty much just killed all of the Natives.
Look at Mexico...it's Races...and it's Economics, many of the Natives live in the most abject poverty...while the White people (who compose around 10%-15% of the population live in enormous haciendas and have great wealth (many do, not all)...and we who don't want benefits given to law breakers are chastised as "racists"? WHAZZAP?!?!?!
Where do you think Los Angeles and San Antonio would be if Mexico controlled it from the mid 1800's until now?
Do you like my friendly pictures whitechocolate? They look so reassuring. I am willing to give these people amnesty like other bloggers here, how about you?

Old 04-11-2008, 01:51 AM

220 posts, read 336,523 times
Unless something's done these people are going to get the entire Southwest back within a few generations.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:02 AM

13,692 posts, read 15,148,997 times
Quote:
Morally? No. Why have borders around any nation of the world if it comes down to a moral issue?

Old 04-11-2008, 02:05 AM

NANCY PELOSI!!! The US's biggest Amnesty advocate, third in line for president, and congresswoman from San Francisco. She supports the NAU and no borders at all between Mexico and Canada. Shes a true leader, not!

Last edited by ontheroad; 04-11-2008 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: Image removed; copyright issues.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:06 AM

493 posts, read 445,358 times
Quote:
Do you like my friendly pictures whitechocolate? They look so reassuring. I am willing to give these people amnesty like other bloggers here, how about you?
Dude, let the party begin, let's put Piolin on a loud speaker...and PARTAY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or