U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:45 AM

161 posts, read 42,001 times

Advertisements

Isnt this just kicking the can down the road. We don’t need a personnel change...we need a policy change.. If Trump doesn’t shut the border down he’ll perceived as nothing more than a paper Tiger all talk no action. Mr President shut that border down now!

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...border-crisis/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM

14,357 posts, read 10,298,855 times
Those “Czar” titles make me want to roll my eyes so much I practically get motion sickness, but that is probably not a bad idea. One person, with a cohesive plan and oversight would probably be very helpful in resolving this, both short and long term. I have no idea how they’ll find someone who is competent willing to take the social and political heat that job will surely bring, though. Talk about a thankless job full of burning arrows.
Moderator - Asia, Kentucky, Lexington, and Louisville

Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM

28,692 posts, read 15,930,381 times
Republicans doing what they do best, grow govt.

Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM

5,072 posts, read 3,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Isnt this just kicking the can down the road. We don’t need a personnel change...we need a policy change.. If Trump doesn’t shut the border down he’ll perceived as nothing more than a paper Tiger all talk no action. Mr President shut that border down now!

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...border-crisis/
We've got DHS and BP. He knows what needs to be done. So just do it.

The numbers are not going to go down without shutting the border and putting the military down there. The plan by those who want open borders is to overwhelm the system so the system collapses. The system collapses, so does the border. That's the plan. Everyone knows it.

So stop talking about it Mr President. Work the problem.

Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM

10,819 posts, read 8,146,549 times
What fun the conservatives and Donald Trump had when other POTUS had a czar overseeing a particular problem.

Oh Lordy. What a gift to be able to see ourselves as others see us.

Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM

11,214 posts, read 7,857,556 times
We don't need a Czar we need to enforce existing laws, reinforce security by building a wall where it is needed and changing policy by stopping rubber stamping for asylum. Are there any other countries that allow asylum seekers into their countries before their case is heard? I say make them wait in Mexico. It really is BS when someone can march through several countries to claim asylum at the one that gives them the most in hand outs. If we offered the "migrants" nothing would they continue their march into Canada? Would Canada welcome them or send them back or make them wait in America?

We need Mexico and the other countries to step up and stop these people from moving through their countries.

Old Yesterday, 08:05 AM

5,695 posts, read 2,521,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
What fun the conservatives and Donald Trump had when other POTUS had a czar overseeing a particular problem.

Oh Lordy. What a gift to be able to see ourselves as others see us.
This would be hilarious (well, it is hilarious) if it were not also so sad. Conservatives knocked themselves out bashing Obama for appointing czars, now Trump is doing the same.

Having one person overlook a problem is in itself not a bad idea, depending of course who you appoint, but to have someone appoint a czar after criticizing those that did, is just too funny.

BTW, closing the border is as stupid a decision as one could make.

Trump is like a drug dealer. Throwing out this "closing the border" crap is just so much crack for his supporters to ingest.

They need their daily dose.

Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM

34,892 posts, read 15,724,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasenpfeffer View Post
It's not Mexico's job to police your border for you. Why should Mexico care about your needs?
Why isn't Mexico preventing these Central Americans from getting in through their southern border?

Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM

11,812 posts, read 17,259,502 times
Yes it's BS.

Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM

12,895 posts, read 19,571,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Those “Czar” titles make me want to roll my eyes so much I practically get motion sickness, but that is probably not a bad idea. One person, with a cohesive plan and oversight would probably be very helpful in resolving this, both short and long term. I have no idea how they’ll find someone who is competent willing to take the social and political heat that job will surely bring, though. Talk about a thankless job full of burning arrows.
I'm sure some people who post in this forum would love to do that job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration