U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 08:49 AM

6,360 posts, read 12,660,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Question to any Open-Border Progressive here: how much CASH (over & above your tax liability) have you sent to Washington & the border states to pay for the welfare, health care, public education, and other costs incurred by these hundreds of thousands of ILLEGAL invaders that you want to continue to flock here?

Are you aware that the U.S. is over $20 trillion dollars in debt already, and a big chunk of your taxes goes to INTEREST on this insane level of debt?

With this un-recoverable financial status, how do we pay for the upcoming Social Security & Medicare of the Baby Boomers, who spent their working lives sending Washington their retirement savings (via SS taxes), plus the unfunded government pension liabilities that would bankrupt us even if we were in good fiscal shape?

I guess Progressives think the sub-minimum wages those immigrants who work will earn would generate more taxes than the costs they impose on us all. Progressives can't do simple math, it seems.
Who are you talking to? In terms of politicians not a single member of the house or senate has proposed an open border. You’re directing your statement to a boogie-man who doesn’t exist.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:02 AM

11,635 posts, read 8,149,788 times
It just makes sense to me. The "migrants" are coming here for asylum from all kinds of bad things so sending them to a welcoming Sanctuary city makes perfect sense. Why would you want to send these poor people to cities where they will not receive such a hearty welcome and be given everything they need?

Heck, some of those Conservative cities might actually make these people work and that is cruel and unusual punishment in the Lefty handbook.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:18 AM

5,302 posts, read 1,970,574 times
I'd rather have new immigrants as neighbors than Trump supporters.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I'd rather have new immigrants as neighbors than Trump supporters.
Agreed

Old 04-14-2019, 09:57 AM

36,241 posts, read 16,215,126 times
Trump supporters are our fellow citizens regardless of their politics. I don't prefer immigrants nor illegal aliens over my own countrymen regardless of their politics.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Who are you talking to? In terms of politicians not a single member of the house or senate has proposed an open border. You’re directing your statement to a boogie-man who doesn’t exist.
Of course they wouldn't openly propose an open border but many in congress (mostly Democrats) aren't taking all the necessary steps to secure our border and won't put an end to the loopholes in our asylum policies.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:09 AM

5,302 posts, read 1,970,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trump supporters are your fellow citizens regardless of their politics. I don't prefer immigrants nor illegal aliens over my own countrymen regardless of their politics.
A registered sex offender is one of your fellow citizens too. Want one next door?

Where I live in Calif the legal immigrants, illegal immigrants and refugees don't commit a lot of crime. Most of the crime is done by natural born American trash. The criminal trash we have is equal opportunity trash, committed by trash of all colors: brown trash, Asian trash, black trash and white trash.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trump supporters are our fellow citizens regardless of their politics. I don't prefer immigrants nor illegal aliens over my own countrymen regardless of their politics.
So are immigrants who are granted asylum.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
So are immigrants who are granted asylum.
Immigrants who are granted asylum are not our fellow citizens so no, I wouldn't prefer them over my own countrymen.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
A registered sex offender is one of your fellow citizens too. Want one next door?

Where I live in Calif the legal immigrants, illegal immigrants and refugees don't commit a lot of crime. Most of the crime is done by natural born American trash. The criminal trash we have is equal opportunity trash, committed by trash of all colors: brown trash, Asian trash, black trash and white trash.
Of course, I don't prefer American criminals but I don't prefer illegal aliens either. I was referring to law abiding Americans.

Illegal aliens are at least all guilty of ID theft or tax evasion. As for crime stats in general that is debatable. First you have to acknowledge that our citizens outnumber illegal aliens so you have to consider percentages to their population numbers also. I know in L.A. alone illegal aliens commit a high rate of crime. Crimes that wouldn't have been committed if they weren't here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or