U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 09:11 PM

5,037 posts, read 1,870,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
... I can't understand how it would be considered inhumane to send these illegal aliens to sanctuary cities but I oppose that because they should be deported instead.

Do you think the foreign national will be given a choice of which sanctuary city they will be sent to? Of course not. That's inhumane. Think about it. Jorge tries to cross the border to be reunited with family in Texas. Gets picked up by BP, detained, then shipped to Seattle. Now he's in a strange place thousands of miles from family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 12:13 AM

6,176 posts, read 3,316,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Do you think the foreign national will be given a choice of which sanctuary city they will be sent to? Of course not. That's inhumane. Think about it. Jorge tries to cross the border to be reunited with family in Texas. Gets picked up by BP, detained, then shipped to Seattle. Now he's in a strange place thousands of miles from family.
Maybe Jorge shouldn't have crossed the border illegally.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:21 AM

7,828 posts, read 2,271,208 times
Quote:
I don't hate illegal immigrants. I support border security and I don't support unregulated border crossings. I support an immediate path to citizenship for DACA's.

If a city wishes to provide sanctuary to an illegal resident who is already there, that's their business. That is not a license for the federal government to inhumanely dump people off without regard to the city's resources or capabilities.

Dumping of any sort is immoral and wrong, whether you're talking about illegals, homeless or the mentally ill.
Many many years ago, back when I was like 10 years old, my mother was lecturing us on how black people are just like us white people. That they were nice people. Me being me I knew even then my mother wasn't as committed to equality as she liked to think. I said to her "I wish I was black." My mother then showed where she was really at and yelled at me to go to bed. LOL Ill never forget that. The first time I called out a liberal.

Later in life she told me that she knew I was just being a smart azz, but I know better.

In this case California politicians have made it a point to interfere with ICE, they like to say migrant instead of Illegal. Time to put up or shut up and they are doing exactly what most of us knew they would. They dont want the illegals any more than any one else does.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:52 AM

10,853 posts, read 3,594,380 times
Quote:
I don't hate illegal immigrants. I support border security and I don't support unregulated border crossings. I support an immediate path to citizenship for DACA's.

If a city wishes to provide sanctuary to an illegal resident who is already there, that's their business. That is not a license for the federal government to inhumanely dump people off without regard to the city's resources or capabilities.

Dumping of any sort is immoral and wrong, whether you're talking about illegals, homeless or the mentally ill.
Trump exposed the hypocrisy of Democrats and yours. You don't want Trump sending immigrants to sanctuary cities while their case is heard and settled in court because the city has to approve it but are ok having millions of illegals all over the nation as long that is not your city or your kids have to share the same schools with them? LMAO!

homeless and mentally ill are U.S. Citizens and they are our problem. Illegals are not supposed to be here. Democrats om sanctuary cities to challenge Trump and federal laws said all illegals are welcome in their cities and they will protect them but now that Trump called their bluff then it's inhumane......LMAO!

Old 04-15-2019, 01:58 AM

10,853 posts, read 3,594,380 times
Quote:
They don't get a choice where to live until their case gets approved by the courts. Any U.S. City will be better and safer than the country they say they are escaping and can't return because their lives are in danger. Isn't that the reason they are applying for asylum?

if Jorge isn't applying for asylum, then he can't come here illegally to see anybody. Jorge has to come here LEGALLY......damn! why is this so hard to comprehend for people on the left?

Old 04-15-2019, 03:28 AM

75,894 posts, read 32,440,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Trump exposed the hypocrisy of Democrats and yours. You don't want Trump sending immigrants to sanctuary cities while their case is heard and settled in court because the city has to approve it but are ok having millions of illegals all over the nation as long that is not your city or your kids have to share the same schools with them? LMAO!

homeless and mentally ill are U.S. Citizens and they are our problem. Illegals are not supposed to be here. Democrats om sanctuary cities to challenge Trump and federal laws said all illegals are welcome in their cities and they will protect them but now that Trump called their bluff then it's inhumane......LMAO!
Trump called no one's bluff. He simply blathered on like he does. Claiming he is going to do something and then never doing anything.

It's odd at how many complain about illegals not getting deported but then thinks it's a great thing for the government to drop them off to some permanent spot in the U.S.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:55 AM

35,253 posts, read 15,845,789 times
Quote:
I'm curious to know how Jorge's family is here and yet he was living south of our border. How did these families get separated in the first place? What's to prevent him from traveling from Seattle to Texas? After all he traveled a great distance already to get to our border.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:26 PM

70 posts, read 12,134 times
The illegals just can not come in with no strings attached . They MUST be controlled.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:56 PM

21,288 posts, read 21,354,451 times
Quote:

Quote:
Inhumane? Do criminals get a choice of where they will be held? Illegals are dumping themselves in our country, our cities without regard to resources or capabilities. Moving them to sanctuary cities would be the most humane thing to do.

Is Jorge not putting himself in a strange place by crossing into the US.
He is not crossing the border to be reunited with his family. Family reunification would be Jorge's family, living illegally in the US, crossing the border back to Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:43 PM

11,335 posts, read 7,937,063 times
Quote:
Trump is proposing, out of petty vindictiveness, to dump detained illegal immigrants into sanctuary cities, counties and states.

Here's how California could respond: the Federal government ordered California to expand early release of prisoners due to jail overcrowding. California should bus those released prisoners to red states.

Two can play this game. Fair is fair.

California and other places have shown that they support illegal immigration by refusing to cooperate with the Feds and ICE which must mean that they are open to any number of those future Democrat voters to swarm into their state. To refuse them would be racist? well that is what they call Trump when he wants to stop them at the border.

Releasing prisoners and sending them to Red states is ridiculous and petty because most people that live in Red states believe in America and enforcing its laws. Criminals belong in prison and illegal aliens belong anywhere but roaming our streets.

Illegal is illegal or it should be. If California keeps protecting illegal aliens who are they to say no to more of them? They have shown their love for them so what does it mean to refuse them or to send them to other states where they will not be welcomed.

Sorry Cali, you made this bed now you will have to sleep in it,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or