U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 11:08 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,520,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Nothing posted above demonstrates active interference by California against ICE. There are some allegations of interference by the Trump administration, but those are only allegations, and none have been proven and adjudicated.

"Labor Commissioner Julie Su last month directed her staff to turn away Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents unless the federal officers have warrants." -- asking for a warrant isn't interference, it is due process.

Of course what the Trump supporters conveniently leave out is the California sanctuary law REQUIRES state and local law enforcement to fully cooperate with ICE if the illegal has been convicted, or even suspected, of a long list of crimes such as theft, murder, rape, assault, burglary, etc. Sanctuary is only granted to illegals who are good neighbors.

Kathryn Steinle, 32, was shot to death, apparently at random, by Francisco Sanchez while walking with her father along a popular pedestrian pier on the San Francisco waterfront. The friends and family of Kate would disagree with you....

Quote:
Francisco Sanchez had been deported to Mexico five times before he says he shot and killed a woman last week on Pier 14, but he knew San Francisco was a sanctuary city where authorities would not detain him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2019, 11:42 AM

75,918 posts, read 32,440,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Kathryn Steinle, 32, was shot to death, apparently at random, by Francisco Sanchez while walking with her father along a popular pedestrian pier on the San Francisco waterfront. The friends and family of Kate would disagree with you....

San Fran can NOT detain him. Over and over it's pointed out that the Supreme Court has made clear that Immigration is only something the Federal government can do.

If the Federal government wants to continue to do the same thing over and over that doesn't work, the states can do nothing about that.

Old 04-17-2019, 12:12 PM

6,917 posts, read 2,013,587 times
Dems response to President Trump ..... Not in my yard!

How do they sleep at night?

Old 04-18-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
San Fran can NOT detain him. Over and over it's pointed out that the Supreme Court has made clear that Immigration is only something the Federal government can do.
Can provide a link to that case?

I kind of agree but the local authorities have a constitutional obligation to help enforce federal law. For example robbing a bank or kidnapping is a federal crime and local law enforcement and federal law enforcement work to together to solve them every day.

But if San Francisco wants an felony illegal alien who shoots a women for no reason they can have them.

Quote:
If the Federal government wants to continue to do the same thing over and over that doesn't work, the states can do nothing about that.
If sanctuary cities/states want to allow illegals to be released after committing crimes and be free to prey on the public ...and expect a different outcome they got no one to blame but themselves. I hope Kate Steinle father sues San Francisco/California for millions for their actions.

San Francisco didn't have to detain him when his jail time was up? All they had to do was pick up a phone and inform ICE he is being released at such and such time. I mean being deported five times is not a misdemeanor its a felony.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Can provide a link to that case?

I kind of agree but the local authorities have a constitutional obligation to help enforce federal law.
No they don't.

The rules of immigration were reserved to the States through the 10th Amendment until the first Federal law was enacted in 1875. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled the following year that immigration regulation was an exclusive Federal responsibility.

https://www.theamericanview.com/cons...g-immigration/

Quote:
For example robbing a bank or kidnapping is a federal crime and local law enforcement and federal law enforcement work to together to solve them every day.

But if San Francisco wants an felony illegal alien who shoots a women for no reason they can have them.

If sanctuary cities/states want to allow illegals to be released after committing crimes and be free to prey on the public ...and expect a different outcome they got no one to blame but themselves. I hope Kate Steinle father sues San Francisco/California for millions for their actions.

San Francisco didn't have to detain him when his jail time was up? All they had to do was pick up a phone and inform ICE he is being released at such and such time. I mean being deported five times is not a misdemeanor its a felony.
5 times....who released him?

Old 04-19-2019, 08:51 AM

How come when someone calls you out on something, it is so hard to get them to follow up?

Old 04-19-2019, 12:04 PM

11,340 posts, read 7,937,063 times
Why don't we listen to Cher? She is just back from Jupiter, where she said she was going if Trump was elected.. and in response to Trump saying he would bus illegal aliens to Sanctuary state of California she said "we are full".

Nancy Pelosi had a similar response.

I don't get it, if the Dems are so keen to help illegal aliens start a life in America then why don't they want them to come to their cities and towns ? Where else are they supposed to go? Do they want them to head to some red state where they will not be welcomed with open arms?

Old 04-20-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
5 times....who released him?

States may have no legal obligation but they do have a moral obligation in my opinion.

He was ordered deported by the federal authorities five times and five times he made his way back to a safe harbor and I assume he now sleeping on some park bench near your home. Hoping you are sleeping with one eye open.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
How come when someone calls you out on something, it is so hard to get them to follow up?

Because unlike some who post over 75K times I have a life outside a computer chat room.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
States may have no legal obligation but they do have a moral obligation in my opinion.

He was ordered deported by the federal authorities five times and five times he made his way back to a safe harbor and I assume he now sleeping on some park bench near your home. Hoping you are sleeping with one eye open.
LOL......is that how it happens. "We order you deported, now vamoose, get back across the border"?

You are right, 5 times he was released by the Federal Government and you think states can fix that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or