U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:05 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,520,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL......is that how it happens. "We order you deported, now vamoose, get back across the border"?

You are right, 5 times he was released by the Federal Government and you think states can fix that?

Probably not according to their sanctuary policies but they could help by not encouraging illegal aliens into their communities. I really wonder if this sanctuary policy was put up to the voters what the outcome would be. Hmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:19 PM

3,249 posts, read 865,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why don't we listen to Cher? She is just back from Jupiter, where she said she was going if Trump was elected.. and in response to Trump saying he would bus illegal aliens to Sanctuary state of California she said "we are full".

Nancy Pelosi had a similar response.

I don't get it, if the Dems are so keen to help illegal aliens start a life in America then why don't they want them to come to their cities and towns ? Where else are they supposed to go? Do they want them to head to some red state where they will not be welcomed with open arms?
That's what I thought, I assumed they'd be happy about it.

When AZ enacted 1070, a lot of illegals flocked to California from Arizona. At least this way they will get a ride. Do these santuary cities realize they put out a welcome mat? Most illegals are trying to make it to one of those states anyway. Yuma is sending them off right now, they're full and expecting more. I imagine California will be picked by most since it's near there and welcoming.

Why would they want to stay in states actively rounding them up and sending them home? They don't.

I think people are right, libs are all talk and no action. You can tell by their top runners right now. Old, white dudes. That's who they really respect and that's who they'll vote for in droves. Talk is cheap.

Old Today, 01:06 PM

692 posts, read 1,066,045 times
It's almost comical, the parades of people with their welcome signs and what not. Bet if some CBP officer stepped in and said "alright I have a bus full of illegals here, what's your home address?" their tune would change right quick.

If you're serious about supporting immigration, step on up Dems! You can sponsor and pay for your very own immigrants!

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/affidavit-support

Note the language 'shall not fall under public charge"....

Old Today, 02:15 PM

12,382 posts, read 8,619,427 times
Commissar Pelosi really stepped in it this time..what a total hypocrite..these are people she praised as better than Jesus Christ..and now she is outraged that our Awesome President is actually doing what she wanted!

Old Today, 02:45 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,520,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
That's what I thought, I assumed they'd be happy about it.

When AZ enacted 1070, a lot of illegals flocked to California from Arizona. At least this way they will get a ride. Do these santuary cities realize they put out a welcome mat? Most illegals are trying to make it to one of those states anyway. Yuma is sending them off right now, they're full and expecting more. I imagine California will be picked by most since it's near there and welcoming.

Why would they want to stay in states actively rounding them up and sending them home? They don't.

I think people are right, libs are all talk and no action. You can tell by their top runners right now. Old, white dudes. That's who they really respect and that's who they'll vote for in droves. Talk is cheap.

Agree...if the democrats were wise they would pass something to combat this problem but they won't for political reasons and possibly alienate the Latino voting block of their base. All talk and nothing.....

Old Today, 05:44 PM

140 posts, read 84,404 times
https://www.conservapedia.com/index....Sanctuary_city

I was curious to know more about "Sanctuary Cities" and found the above site with a list of these cities.

When you look at the four states that border Mexico, it's easy to see why California got singled out.

Regardless of their point of view where illegals are concerned the border cities of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California are going to be taking the brunt of these waves of people, bottlenecking at their borders. All four of these states are going to be overwhelmed with desperate, determined people in large numbers. They are going to need some help.

This reminds me of the aftermath of Katrina. People suddenly homeless, destitute, displaced all over the nation, separated from loved ones needing shelter, food and so on. The situation at the border could be similar minus the hurricane destruction. Images of the Louisiana Superdome keeps coming to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or