U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-20-2019, 06:49 AM
 
35,691 posts, read 16,034,601 times
Reputation: 9633

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The Republicans also find benefits to illegal immigration because it helps businesses save money on labor costs. Don't blame it all on the Democratic party.
If you think it's only Republican business owners that hire illegal aliens then you're not dealing in reality. Most mainstream Republicans want illegal aliens gone. Why do you think that Trump got elected? It is however the Democrats in congress and mainstream bleeding heart liberals that keep defending illegal aliens, want amnesty for them and no wall to secure our border, not most conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2019, 06:57 AM
 
35,691 posts, read 16,034,601 times
Reputation: 9633
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They get a tax ID number.
You cannot get on a payroll with a tax ID number. You have to have a SS number. Do you actually think that most illegals that are working for cash report their incomes with a tax ID number?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2019, 07:21 AM
 
Location: the Sticks
8,105 posts, read 2,345,766 times
Reputation: 4229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Do you know what in-state means? They offer in-state tuition to undocumented who graduated IN STATE. Why would you extend the same to someone who graduated OUT OF STATE?

Wouldn't you rather they are educated with a desirable degree?
Many if not most of us would rather they be made to feel unwelcome and their lives impossible. Maybe then they would stop coming here illegally.

To answer your question. Yes US citizens should always receive more benefits than any illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2019, 07:27 AM
 
76,841 posts, read 32,847,337 times
Reputation: 15237
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It is attitudes like yours that have caused this problem to go on for so long.

Illegal aliens? Forget about them, look over there instead.

Even 1 murder or 1 rape by an illegal alien is 1 too many. There is nothing you can do to ahead of time to prevent citizens from committing these crimes. But you can prevent illegals from committing these crimes, merely by upholding THE LAW. They have no right to be here.

When a judge lets someone who is guilty of a crime go free, and they go on to murder someone, that person’s death was due to a failure of our system. When an illegal alien commits a murder, that person’s death is, likewise, a failure of our system. It is our responsibility to fix the system so these failures dont continue.
1 murder or 1 rape seems to be too many but millions being employed driving down wages seems to be OK. Maybe you can tell us how we determine which is which?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2019, 07:32 AM
 
Location: NJ/NY
10,610 posts, read 10,054,383 times
Reputation: 7524
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
1 murder or 1 rape seems to be too many but millions being employed driving down wages seems to be OK. Maybe you can tell us how we determine which is which?
I dont think I am understanding your response. Neither is OK. They should both be stopped, but in this case I was addressing a post about the violent acts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2019, 07:35 AM
 
76,841 posts, read 32,847,337 times
Reputation: 15237
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I dont think I am understanding your response. Neither is OK. They should both be stopped, but in this case I was addressing a post about the violent acts.
It's funny how so many people say that the employ of illegals need to be stopped but absolutely no one is addressing that and no one is pressing them to.

WALL WALL WALL WALL. This is all politics plain and simple. No one wants the cheap labor to go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2019, 07:40 AM
 
Location: NJ/NY
10,610 posts, read 10,054,383 times
Reputation: 7524
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's funny how so many people say that the employ of illegals need to be stopped but absolutely no one is addressing that and no one is pressing them to.

WALL WALL WALL WALL. This is all politics plain and simple. No one wants the cheap labor to go away.
Here, we agree. Nobody is truly addressing it and giving it the attention it deserves. Mandatory everify would be a good start. But that doesn’t mean that a wall in strategic areas wouldn’t help. Especially if it was fortified with electronic surveillance and drone technology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2019, 07:43 AM
 
76,841 posts, read 32,847,337 times
Reputation: 15237
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Here, we agree. Nobody is truly addressing it and giving it the attention it deserves. Mandatory everify would be a good start. But that doesn’t mean that a wall in strategic areas wouldn’t help. Especially if it was fortified with electronic surveillance and drone technology.
As long as the jobs are here, people are going to get here.

Being that no one is addressing the real problem, this is all politics. I hate hurting people to advance someone's politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2019, 07:47 AM
 
Location: NJ/NY
10,610 posts, read 10,054,383 times
Reputation: 7524
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As long as the jobs are here, people are going to get here.

Being that no one is addressing the real problem, this is all politics. I hate hurting people to advance someone's politics.
And here is where we disagree. Life should be very difficult for anyone here illegally. When it is as easy as it is for them, it only attracts more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2019, 07:51 AM
 
76,841 posts, read 32,847,337 times
Reputation: 15237
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
And here is where we disagree. Life should be very difficult for anyone here illegally. When it is as easy as it is for them, it only attracts more.
Address the issue. Seems it should be difficult for those trying to better themselves but not for those offering the reasons they come.

I'm also not a fan of hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:00 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top