U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 07:47 AM

10,503 posts, read 9,997,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As long as the jobs are here, people are going to get here.

Being that no one is addressing the real problem, this is all politics. I hate hurting people to advance someone's politics.
And here is where we disagree. Life should be very difficult for anyone here illegally. When it is as easy as it is for them, it only attracts more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 07:51 AM

76,305 posts, read 32,584,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
And here is where we disagree. Life should be very difficult for anyone here illegally. When it is as easy as it is for them, it only attracts more.
Address the issue. Seems it should be difficult for those trying to better themselves but not for those offering the reasons they come.

I'm also not a fan of hypocrisy.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:07 AM

10,503 posts, read 9,997,314 times
Quote:
Address the issue. Seems it should be difficult for those trying to better themselves but not for those offering the reasons they come.

I'm also not a fan of hypocrisy.
No hypocrisy here. I think it should be difficult for both.

You are the one who seems to think it should only be difficult for the employers, but not the aliens. Isn’t that an example of the hypocrisy you claim to not be a fan of?

Old 04-20-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
No hypocrisy here. I think it should be difficult for both.

You are the one who seems to think it should only be difficult for the employers, but not the aliens. Isnít that an example of the hypocrisy you claim to not be a fan of?
We can not address millions of people here illegally. There is no way. It's impossible. It does not matter what I want. I will argue realities not what I want.

Even going after employers will not 100% address the issue but people understand what will happen if we go after the employers which is why all we get are empty "I don't disagree that we should go after employers". Most don't mean it because of the repercussions of doing that.

It's why politicians feel no pressure to do that.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:42 AM

12,953 posts, read 19,683,893 times
Quote:
States are not able to determine who is here legally and who is not.
I'm surprised that no one answered. this in any of the multiple times you posted it in this thread. It is easy to determine for the purpose of in--state tuition. I have been. through this. process of determining. if we qualified for in-state tuition in Virginia. They demand lots of documents to prove it. The school can ask to see a birth certificate or a passport, and whether the student has a student visa. Don't have the proof, then you don't get in-state. That's easy to do.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:56 AM

1,121 posts, read 465,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I'm surprised that no one answered. this in any of the multiple times you posted it in this thread. It is easy to determine for the purpose of in--state tuition. I have been. through this. process of determining. if we qualified for in-state tuition in Virginia. They demand lots of documents to prove it. The school can ask to see a birth certificate or a passport, and whether the student has a student visa. Don't have the proof, then you don't get in-state. That's easy to do.
That would be too much of an burden and racist to low income people to have such documents of proof.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
They can prove (to their satisfaction) that you live in state. As I noted earlier though, this entire thread has been bogus. The article is discussing dreamers who are here legally.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
That would be too much of an burden and racist to low income people to have such documents of proof.
I have a fairly low income. I still had to prove our claim. I don't see anything racist, and, yes, I know, or think, you were being sarcastic.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
They can prove (to their satisfaction) that you live in state. As I noted earlier though, this entire thread has been bogus. The article is discussing dreamers who are here legally.
Asking for a birth certificate or a student visa is not a big deal though.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:11 AM

12,620 posts, read 6,039,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Yes it does. Don't want to pay out of state tuition, then go to school in your own state. Simple as that.
Nope.

Illegal aliens have no business being here. Wherever they are squatting it's not their state. They belong back in their own country. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or