Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 11:03 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Compassion is ESPECIALLY lacking by the anti illegal crowd!
And common sense is ESPECIALLY lacking by the pro illegal crowd (who would want to be pro illegal in the first place?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 12:26 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Why do we work? Seriously question. Why do we get up every day, and devote so much of our lives away from our family at work? Is it to further the quality of life of you and your family; to ensure their financial future, or at least try? I don't know about you - but I do not spend so much of my life at work, working hard and enduring the stress, only to pay for another nations people who are here illegally, whatever the cause. I have NO remorse in saying so. None. And yes, I see firsthand how Mexico is, several times per month for my job. It sucks how some - not all - of them live. Nevertheless, it is not my responsibility to take care of them!

How about this. All you who support illegal immigration can volunteer to pay for them being here, and those of us against can keep our hard earned money. Sounds fair to me. You're happy supporting your cause, I'm happy not supporting your cause, and the illegals still get supported - by you of course.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:33 AM

559 posts, read 1,355,896 times
Sassy, Would you continue to pump out babies if you could not afford them? Probably not.........Why should I pay for a illegal kid that should not even be here?

Old 04-13-2008, 08:56 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Why do we work? Seriously question. Why do we get up every day, and devote so much of our lives away from our family at work? Is it to further the quality of life of you and your family; to ensure their financial future, or at least try? I don't know about you - but I do not spend so much of my life at work, working hard and enduring the stress, only to pay for another nations people who are here illegally, whatever the cause. I have NO remorse in saying so. None. And yes, I see firsthand how Mexico is, several times per month for my job. It sucks how some - not all - of them live. Nevertheless, it is not my responsibility to take care of them!

How about this. All you who support illegal immigration can volunteer to pay for them being here, and those of us against can keep our hard earned money. Sounds fair to me. You're happy supporting your cause, I'm happy not supporting your cause, and the illegals still get supported - by you of course.
I do pay to support them just like anyone else.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Why should I have to take my hard earned money to pay for those here illegally rather than use that money to help those here legally - including my own family?

Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Sassy, Would you continue to pump out babies if you could not afford them? Probably not.........Why should I pay for a illegal kid that should not even be here?
Of course I would not.
The reason that WE ALL are paying for them, is that it is allowed. I don't like having to take care of some of the people on welfare that could be working too, or mom's that keep pumping out babies, or they are in state custody because mom really does not know how to be a mom and has to take parenting classes. The system is flawed both for illegals and U.S. citizens.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:44 AM

26 posts, read 47,825 times
There are no "MYTHS" of illegals-- it is a real problem that is burdened by every person that pays taxes in the US-- wanna care for them then go care for them in their country!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 09:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
The problem is -- it's their irresponsible breeding that has made their conditions bad in Mexico.

Who thinks that in Mexico if they delayed childbirth until after they completed an education, obtained job skills, found a job they could support themselves on and legally married that life would be so difficult?

They have choices, they could reform their culture in Mexico which means not having babies at age 13 or 14, and not having baby after baby when they can't afford to feed them. Instead they figure they can keep their cultural ways and just get over to the USA and all will be fine.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey71 View Post
There are no "MYTHS" of illegals-- it is a real problem that is burdened by every person that pays taxes in the US-- wanna care for them then go care for them in their country!!!

Undocumented immigrants are ineligible for most federally funded benefits including cash assistance, food stamps, and SSI. (Office of Human Services Policy, Department of Health and Human Services)

I have taken care of them in their country. I also pay to take care of people that take advantage of benefits in this country, that would rather sit on their tail and not work. Just because they are U.S. citizens, it does not make it any easier to swallow.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:57 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Undocumented immigrants are ineligible for most federally funded benefits including cash assistance, food stamps, and SSI. (Office of Human Services Policy, Department of Health and Human Services)
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are known to, on numerous ocassions, to steal someone's identity - to use false social security numbers to obtain the benefits you note.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration