U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-12-2008, 10:49 AM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223

Advertisements

There are so many hateful beliefs towards Illegal Immigrants, maybe this will show you the other side, it is never just one side to this problem.
Sassy.

Home-Truth in Immigration (http://www.truthinimmigration.org/Home.aspx - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-12-2008, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Reputation: 4893
Sassy - you have posted the very same site at least 4 times.

It does not "debunk" anything -

Those in the country illegally broke our laws - there is absolutely no defense for this type of lawlessness.

Many further break our laws by stealing identities and committed other crimes.

It is a fact that the states (taxpayers) are going in the hole financially

Many schools are overcrowded by children of illegals or children who are in the country illegally themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 11:25 AM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
In posted it ONCE before on a post. I doubt if you read it period, and I know that the die hard's against Illegals will not see anything but their side and where they get their information. I know all about how SOME steal, commit all kinds of crime and those are the one's that the anti-illegals focus on. They are going to be here for a long while and wishing is not going to make it any different.

BTW show me where I posted it 4 times!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 11:26 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
There are so many hateful beliefs towards Illegal Immigrants, maybe this will show you the other side, it is never just one side to this problem.
Sassy.

Home-Truth in Immigration (http://www.truthinimmigration.org/Home.aspx - broken link)
From the site:

Quote:
The CBS News account, entitled “Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense”...
How is this a 'hateful belief'? What myth do you want cleared up? Are you saying that US taxpayers do not pay for illegal alien women who give birth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
In posted it ONCE before on a post. I doubt if you read it period, and I know that the die hard's against Illegals will not see anything but their side and where they get their information. I know all about how SOME steal, commit all kinds of crime and those are the one's that the anti-illegals focus on. They are going to be here for a long while and wishing is not going to make it any different.
Sassy - the mere fact that these people, regardless of nation of origin, came to the United States ILLEGALLY, indicates, in and of itself, sufficent evidence of their unwillingness to respect our laws.

There illegal status is sufficient reason alone to detain and deport them.

You are trying to justify their lawlessness.

There is no justification for their lawlessness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 11:30 AM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
From the site:



How is this a 'hateful belief'? Are you saying that US taxpayers do not pay for illegal alien women who give birth?
I'm sure we do, at this point in time those babies are U.S. Citizens, so it is not any different than paying for babies from U.S. citizens that do not have any money,but keep pumping out the babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I'm sure we do, at this point in time those babies are U.S. Citizens, so it is not any different than paying for babies from U.S. citizens that do not have any money,but keep pumping out the babies.
The Anchor Baby definitions will change - it is long overdue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 11:33 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I'm sure we do, at this point in time those babies are U.S. Citizens, so it is not any different than paying for babies from U.S. citizens that do not have any money,but keep pumping out the babies.
The hospital bill is typically paid by the parents, not the baby. You have not answered my question as to which myth is being cleared up by the segment blasting the CBS report. Or explained how recognizing that the US taxpyer foots the bill for this is a 'hateful belief'. And yes it is different. In one case medical care is being provided to an American woman, in the other case medical care is being provided to a citizen of another country who is here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 11:34 AM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sassy - the mere fact that these people, regardless of nation of origin, came to the United States ILLEGALLY, indicates, in and of itself, sufficent evidence of their unwillingness to respect our laws.

There illegal status is sufficient reason alone to detain and deport them.

You are trying to justify their lawlessness.

There is no justification for their lawlessness.
I do not agree. These people are poor that are crossing the borders. They do not have the time or the money it takes to do it the legal route. If I were desperate to feed my family I would do the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I do not agree. These people are poor that are crossing the borders. They do not have the time or the money it takes to do it the legal route. If I were desperate to feed my family I would do the same thing.
You do not agree that they are breaking United States laws?

And, when an illegal pays a coyote 2/3/4/$5,000 - they can pay the cost of coming legally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top