U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:53 PM

440 posts, read 249,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Central Americans without documents now face increased security within Mexico, including checks on the train for stowaways. It's also harder for them to head north once they cross into Mexico because of hurricane damage to the train tracks. The result: The number of non-Mexican migrants stopped by the U.S. Border Patrol has dropped almost 60 percent from 2005, despite increased detention efforts.

Mexico cracks down on Central American illegal immigrants | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (broken link)

Boy Mexicans are a bunch of racists. I mean Central Americans are just hispanics just looking for a better life too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 01:56 PM

9,224 posts, read 15,898,476 times
So let me see you are complaining about Mexico stopping immigrants that will most likely head into the U.S.?

Doesn't the United States give millions to Mexico to enforce that Southern Border?

I mean what exactly are you complaining about here?

Old 04-13-2008, 01:58 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,469,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
So let me see you are complaining about Mexico stopping immigrants that will most likely head into the U.S.?

Doesn't the United States give millions to Mexico to enforce that Southern Border?

Mexico is one of the wealthiest nations in the world. What makes you think no Central Americans would stay in Mexico?

Many Central Americans would jump at the chance to work in the relatively high paying maquilas of Mexico where theiy would earn much more money than they could in the jungles of Guatemala or Honduras.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Mexico is one of the wealthiest nations in the world. What makes you think no Central Americans would stay in Mexico?

Many Central Americans would jump at the chance to work in the relatively high paying maquilas of Mexico where theiy would earn much more money than they could in the jungles of Guatemala or Honduras.
They are doing what the United States is paying them to do.

azcentral.com | Phoenix Arizona News - Arizona Local News (broken link)
Quote:
The aid is aimed at "improving the capability of Mexican forces to respond to terrorist threats," a State Department report said, adding that it likely will go toward radar, communications and "detection" equipment.

The U.S. military has also begun training Mexican soldiers to fight terrorists and gather intelligence.
Quote:
It's unclear how much of the aid is being felt on the Arizona-Mexico border. Of the new helicopters given to Mexico since 2001, none has been stationed along the Arizona line. Most of the intelligence and counterterrorism training has gone to Mexican marines and naval officers, few of whom are stationed along the Arizona border.

However, Mexican forces are getting better at catching drug planes in neighboring Sonora state, partly because of better coordination at control rooms that were built with U.S. money. And at least two U.S.-funded X-ray scanners are at work in Nogales.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:

I'm not complaining just merely pointing out the ironic hypocrisy. BTW are you one of those Mexicans who think its wrong for Amtrak and Greyhound to inquire about and report illegal alien status to ICE? What's good for the goose is good for the gander . . doncha think?

Old 04-13-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
They are doing what the United States is paying them to do.

azcentral.com | Phoenix Arizona News - Arizona Local News (broken link)
Then it's time for us to enforce our border and insist Mexico eliminate it's southern border.

And you people can get out and protest Mexico's immigration laws instead.

Why should the USA be the only nation in the world that has no immigration laws of any kind, no borders, yet we're the nation that has the highest number of legal immigrants already -- by far.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Then it's time for us to enforce our border and insist Mexico eliminate it's southern border.

And you people can get out and protest Mexico's immigration laws instead.

Why should the USA be the only nation in the world that has no immigration laws of any kind, no borders, yet we're the nation that has the highest number of legal immigrants already -- by far.
The reality is that they don't care if we have borders or laws, they just don't want any of the aforementioned applied to Mexicans who enter the US illegally. I'll see if I can dig out my copy of the memo that clearly acknowledges that they are so special that American laws and borders should never apply to them. . . oh wait, it doesn't exist yet, but the upcoming LaRaza marches are working on it.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
I'm not complaining just merely pointing out the ironic hypocrisy. BTW are you one of those Mexicans who think its wrong for Amtrak and Greyhound not to ask for and report illegal alien status?

The hypocrisy you speak of is funded by the United States.

I don't care what Amtrak or Greyhound do, they will probably lose a major % of the travelers and if they choose to do that, then great.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
The reality is that they don't care if we have borders or laws, they just don't want any of the aforementioned applied to Mexicans who enter the US illegally. I'll see if I can dig out my copy of the memo that clearly acknowledges that they are so special that American laws and borders should never apply to them. . . oh wait, it doesn't exist yet, but the upcoming LaRaza marches are working on it.

Since our open borders types seem very adamant that Mexicans have the right to take any job from Americans, I wonder if they would support us deporting Mexicans and bringing in even cheaper workers.

Mexicans seem downright greedy when compared with some Central Americans and Haitians who will work for significantly less. After all -- if it's just about supplying the American elites with cheap workers, why have Mexicans and not a cheaper type of worker?

Old 04-13-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
The hypocrisy you speak of is funded by the United States.

I don't care what Amtrak or Greyhound do, they will probably lose a major % of the travelers and if they choose to do that, then great.
Hypocrisy is hypocrisy no matter where it comes from. At the end of the day, Mexico and Mexicans are always calling others' racist and forming all these so called Latino movements to fight for "immigrunt rights" when the reality of the situation is the only latinos they care about are their illegal alien nationals and their "right" to juice America for all they can. I'm waiting for the day that the non Mexican hispanic illegal alien wake up and realize what's really going on from Mexico's perspective. I wonder what excuse you will have for Mexico's prejudices and false sense of entitlement and superiority then?
Quote:
Our Demands EQUAL RESPECT / EQUAL PAY FOR EVERY WORKER
Legalization for All NOW !
Second Chance for All NOW !
Defend the Right to Organize
Fight for a Living Wage
Legalization for Elvira Arellano and Flor Crisostomo

PEACE BY JUSTICE, SECURITY BY RESPECT
End the War in Iraq, bring the Troops Home
Respect for the Self-Determination of Nations
Clean Up for Vieques
Replace Globalization with Nobilization

KEEP FAMILIES TOGETHER
Stop the Separation of Families
Stop the Hate, Stop the Violence,
Stop the Guns, Stop the Drugs
Health Care for Every Family
Equal, Quality, Respectful Education
A Moratorium on Mortgage Foreclosures[/SIZE]Naturalize Foreign-Born Spouses of LGBT CouplesRefugee Rights for LGBT People Fleeing Persecution

FAIR TRADE MAKES FAIR BORDER,Renegotiate NAFTA
Good Jobs on Both Sides of the Border
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or