Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:55 AM

334 posts, read 825,590 times

Advertisements

I, too, was nearly killed in a headon collision caused by a drunk driver in California a few years ago. I just let it all go, his "no insurance" (just left it to my ins company), didn't go back to look at my car, didn't follow up on his "legal problems" etc. Just focused on getting well again. I can sympathize with the difficulty of coping.

The guy who nearly killed me was an all american young white boy . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 09:13 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,721,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
There you go, blaming the government instead of the illegal aliens. What else would I expect from an alien advocate.

I bet its the governments fault that all these aliens commit crimes like the third world criminals they are.

Give me a break, its the illegals fault for his actions, and nobody elses.
Um...Guy is not an illegal alien advocate.

While I agree wholeheartedly with the personal responsibility aspect of this situation, you have to admit that if the government were not complicit in allowing them the freedom to move across our border at will, they wouldn't be here to commit crimes to begin with.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:21 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,422,126 times
My brother and I have both been in accidents with un-insured illegal immigrants.

Does that mean I am going to hate all of them and think they are the only source of this problem? No, because I am not ignorant.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:19 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,583,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
There you go, blaming the government instead of the illegal aliens. What else would I expect from an alien advocate.
I bet its the governments fault that all these aliens commit crimes like the third world criminals they are.

Give me a break, its the illegals fault for his actions, and nobody elses.
Thanks for the gut-busting laugh this morning, I needed it!!

Old 04-15-2008, 11:56 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,047,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
in 1996 on cinco de mayo my husband was almost killed by an illegal immmigrant drunk driver.
over the years, i have gone through many emotions, trying to decide exactly how to feel about the crime committed and the punishment handed out.
when the man was arrested, the d.a's office told me they knew he was here illegally, yet if he pled guilty they would have to release him pending his sentencing hearing.
i was horrified, that they would even consider releasing an illegal immigrant back into society, someone who had already proven he couldnt be trusted, by sneaking across the border illegally...and someone who had nearly killed my husband.
he pled guilty and was released on his promise to appear for sentencing, yet instead , went on the run.
after his release , the authorities ran a nationwide search on him, and found out he had a felony warrant in california.
yes........AFTER he was released, they decided they should check him out....
nine years later he was picked up in california for another crime and was finally sentenced , but we were never informed of his capture or his sentencing, my husband was denied his victims rights.
when i joined this forum, i was angry,because i had just found out about the illegal's capture, two years after the fact.
i wanted to hear advice on what to do and i guess, how to feel, too.
as i have read on alot of these threads, other people are angry too.
i have heard alot of good ideas, and some very questionable, if not really bad ideas on how to deal with the immigration issue.
i have heard moderators telling people to be calm and rational...well, i do question this being an easy task, because for some, this is a very emotional issue. definetly not a rollercoaster ride for the weak.
i do not advocate violence of any kind, and i do not advocate the discrimination of what race or country the illegal comes from...either.
it doesnt matter to me where the guy came from who turned my families lives upside down, all i care about is the fact that this guy committed three violent felonies while being in america illegally, arrested for each crime and never deported once....doesnt that make you question what is and has been going on in our nation? doesnt it make you question who's to blame for what is happening? doesnt it make you want answers?
for the victims and their families nothing can ever change that fact, they like me, want answers...we are tired of finger pointing and buck passing....
imo...illegal is illegal, if the crime is only illegal immigration, then i say, deport...if the crime is more than the illegal immigration, say a drunk driving "accident" or a murder or a rape...then let the punishment fit the crime as it would for any citizen of the united states or any legal immigrant anything less is a slap in the face of the illegals victims and the victims families...anything less is a slap in our nations face.....
I am very sorry for what happened to your husband.

I am curious though. You would feel much better if he were hit by a legal alien who had been arrested for three felonies and was still running around loose?

Old 04-15-2008, 01:13 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,353,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Who did i slam in this thread? Furthermore i could care less what you think about me.

Save your Self Righteous Indignation for something else.
Every post you make is FULL of 'SELF RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION' what makes the difference who posts it?

You never even use logic to attempt to defend your position, you simply post articles and smug quippy comments.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 04-15-2008 at 01:26 PM..

Old 04-15-2008, 01:19 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,084,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Interesting.

All that you can come up with in this thread about the crime against vivski's family is an slam against an anti illegal immigration advocate over a difference of opinion.

You are truly disgusting--------have you no shame?

If you were any sort of a 'caring' individual', you would want that criminal (legal or illegal immigrant) who nearly killed vivski's husband punished severely.

blacknight04; if the roles were reversed with an illegal immigrant being struck by an American here in the USA-------I suspect you would feel more compassion for the former instead.
I totally feel compassion for the poster and her family. It is always the same story though, if the illegals were not here it would not have happened and that is just not true. We have citizens that have killed many, thus we have
MADD. It seems way to easy to blame the immigrant legal or illegal.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:12 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I totally feel compassion for the poster and her family. It is always the same story though, if the illegals were not here it would not have happened and that is just not true. We have citizens that have killed many, thus we have
MADD. It seems way to easy to blame the immigrant legal or illegal.
I agree. We have so much crime here already, a little more won't make any difference. None of us have the right to judge, and lots of the illegals who DO commit crimes, only turned "criminal" AFTER they came here, anyway. WE turned them into criminals, and with patience and understanding, WE can turn them BACK on the path to being "good citizens"...(well, maybe NOT..but at least "good" NON-citizens)...Besides, MOST of our laws aren't fair anyway...they're written in English....

Old 04-15-2008, 05:19 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
I, too, was nearly killed in a headon collision caused by a drunk driver in California a few years ago. I just let it all go, his "no insurance" (just left it to my ins company), didn't go back to look at my car, didn't follow up on his "legal problems" etc. Just focused on getting well again. I can sympathize with the difficulty of coping.

The guy who nearly killed me was an all american young white boy . . . .
If you know who he was, know his ethnicity, his birthplace, etc., why can't you track him down and sue him? Exactly what is an "all American white boy", anyway?...

And are you suggesting that your unfortunate experience with an American criminal should be used as a reason to allow NON-American criminals to operate in the US as well? I don't get the connection. What does one situation have to do with the other? The thread here isn't about which nation has the worst drunk drivers..it's about illegal immigration, and its effects upon the US. Effects which probably don't have a lot of impact on you anyway, since you don't live in the US. You live in Mexico, and you don't have to deal with massive numbers of illegals, since they aren't allowed where you live. What, exactly, is your 'stake' in this situation? You're welcome, of course, as a 'casual observer', but if you don't live with illegal immigration, you can hardly speak with any credibility on its importance.

Just wondering...

Last edited by macmeal; 04-15-2008 at 05:29 PM..

Old 04-15-2008, 06:16 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,589,916 times
Gee, the three times my cars were totalled in the last seven years was by foreign nationals who disregarded our driving laws to drive like they did in their "home country" and by actual illegals, driving without licenses. How do I know? The police confirmed all the info given to them by two of the drivers that hit me was false. This should point out how the probability of damage inflicted by illegals goes up concomitantly with their numbers as here in Los Angeles. The illegals really are an indefensible demographic. They move here to break laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration