Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you generally characterize your encounters with other immigrants?
Most immigrants are friendly to me. 27 55.10%
Some immigrants are friendly to me. 6 12.24%
Rarely are immigrants friendly to me. 6 12.24%
Some immigrants can be downright rude to me. 6 12.24%
Other/No Opinion 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:01 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,491,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Well Mach if 1/3 to to 1/2 the hispanics in Texas are illegal and you have been around them for years, how stupid do you have to be to not know or have a good idea?
I have guessed before and have been wrong about who is illegal, so I know you could do the same. I know you will not share the physical attributes you use to distinguish illegal from legal, because you know people will pick them apart so let me try:

1) Someone Short and Hispanic?
2) Riding a Bike and not driving with work clothes on?
3) Someone wearing mismatched clothes, pants too baggy for them?
4) Riding a burro?
5) Speaking Spanish at a grocery store?
6) Living with others?

What are the other signs you use?

Old 04-16-2008, 04:48 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I have guessed before and have been wrong about who is illegal, so I know you could do the same. I know you will not share the physical attributes you use to distinguish illegal from legal, because you know people will pick them apart so let me try:

4) Riding a burro?
6) Living with others?

There is a tell-tale to sign to know if someone has been born abroad - but even that doesn't guarantee 100% whether someone is illegal or not.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:57 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,145,727 times
Quote:

4) Riding a burro?
6) Living with others?

Very funny.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:47 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,242 times
Quote:

4) Riding a burro?
6) Living with others?

I think this is what DontHateMe and Lakewooder are referring to

Old 04-16-2008, 09:13 PM

162 posts, read 326,263 times
Default To Alanboy....oh boy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
OK here's my observations as a bank teller to tell how someone is legal or not. If i ask for an id here are some common correlactions:

A foreign Id and a foreign passport (with no visible US visa inside)- most likely illegal
A Virginia Drivers License- Legal in most cases (VA dont exactly give them away)
A Maryland Drivers License and a Bank of America card- the jury is still out (MD and BofA are in love with illegals and give them anything)
Reluctant to give SSN and/or produces fake VA id's- illegal probably
I got a good one for ya.....

I was born outside the US
I have a foreign ID as a foreign passport with no US visible visa inside
I have a Bank of America card
I dont give out my SSN

Am I an illegal based on your sharp investigation?
Answer me please.....at least make a guess....

Old 04-16-2008, 10:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Well Mach if 1/3 to to 1/2 the hispanics in Texas are illegal and you have been around them for years, how stupid do you have to be to not know or have a good idea?

Probably the same kind of person who could not guess between David Bowie and Willie Nelson which one is from England and which is from the USA.

Some people wouldn't be able to tell between Queen Margaret and Laura Bush which is likely not American.

It's pretty easy to tell an American from a non-American. Canadians for example tend not to like it when someone assumes they are from the USA and generally someone with any awareness can tell if someone is from Canada.

It was really funny once here. There were these two teenage boys -- on a school day early afternoon. They were clean-cut, wearing American-logo T-shirts, jeans, and tennis shoes. A border patrol car was observing them from a distance. The boys were walking along -- and then reached a street corner and pulled out some limes to sell to people driving by. They looked truly confused when the border patrol jumped into action and nabbed them.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:46 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATOGAMO View Post
I got a good one for ya.....

I was born outside the US
I have a foreign ID as a foreign passport with no US visible visa inside
I have a Bank of America card
I dont give out my SSN

Am I an illegal based on your sharp investigation?
Answer me please.....at least make a guess....
Do you REALLY think i'm dumb enough to fall for your game?

Old 04-17-2008, 06:09 AM

162 posts, read 326,263 times
Sorry but I am not the one making statements that dont make any sense at all, and I have seen many of those lately... anyways, happens all the time.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:56 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,145,727 times
The funny thing is that the pro-illegals will jump on you for being racist if you say you can tell with any certainty that someone is illegal. The reason you can tell is because you have been around many different types of hispanic people for years and most likely some of them are friends who also discuss it and clue you in...

Old 04-17-2008, 12:11 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
I think this is what DontHateMe and Lakewooder are referring to
What you think of what I am referring to is of no value to me or others. Feel free to paint with your brush as you wish - but none of those points match what I was referring to.

There is a vaccination scar that is visible even in adulthood on the upper arm of many people who were born abroad. That is ALL I was talking about - again, to reiterate, because someone isn't born in the US doesn't make them illegal. This method of vaccination was changed in the US quite some time ago. I have a friend who is engaged to a Dutchman, and when the subject of this came up, he confirmed that he also received a vaccination that caused scarring, but his was administered on the sole of his foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.