Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you generally characterize your encounters with other immigrants?
Most immigrants are friendly to me. 27 55.10%
Some immigrants are friendly to me. 6 12.24%
Rarely are immigrants friendly to me. 6 12.24%
Some immigrants can be downright rude to me. 6 12.24%
Other/No Opinion 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:49 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
What you think of what I am referring to is of no value to me or others. Feel free to paint with your brush as you wish - but none of those points match what I was referring to.

There is a vaccination scar that is visible even in adulthood on the upper arm of many people who were born abroad. That is ALL I was talking about - again, to reiterate, because someone isn't born in the US doesn't make them illegal. This method of vaccination was changed in the US quite some time ago. I have a friend who is engaged to a Dutchman, and when the subject of this came up, he confirmed that he also received a vaccination that caused scarring, but his was administered on the sole of his foot.
Polio or Smallpox Vaccine?

It wasn't changed that long ago, in the 50's or 60's.

So do you ask them to raise their sleeve so you can tell?

Last edited by Mach50; 04-17-2008 at 01:04 PM..

Old 04-17-2008, 01:35 PM

36,498 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Back to the topic. I live in a rural southern area where there just arent as many immigrints as there are in the areas most of you are from. When I was younger most immigrants I have encountered were through the university and from Germany, Venezuela, and Taiwan all friendly and I became friends with some. Today most immigrants I encounter are Indian, Chineese and Hispanic. Generally all friendly. I have met people from Canada, Poland and France and Korea. It been my exp. that the Chineese are the least friendly immigrants.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:33 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Default Incredible..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
I live in the San Fernando Valley part of Los Angeles, and am appalled at your knee-jerk "blame the victim" mentality. I am a middle-aged caucasian female who walks to do various errands. Here's the scenario: group of foreign nationals walks towards me snickering in a foreign language. When they pass me they spit at me. How can you possibly excuse this behaviour?
I'd carry my cell phone and call the cops on them right away!

Old 04-17-2008, 10:37 PM

146 posts, read 566,265 times
I'm an immigrant (and an American citizen). Most of my encounters with other immigrants are with my own parents. They generally go quite well. LOL

Old 04-18-2008, 10:54 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,605,139 times
sergyn, I just repped you because that was funny!

Alaskapat and others, police will not respond here in my part of L.A. to anything short of arterial, projectile bloodshed. This is part of what I'm trying to inform others on this forum, what happens when a place changes due to the illegal demographic so predominating. In L.A., being ground zero for illegal immigration- 300 arrive daily- quality of life issues where I live are overwhelmed by attention to acute violence caused by illegals' gangs when prioritized by law enforcement.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:32 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
fastfilm I have been trying to warn them also - any law enforcement is seen as racist.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:05 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
sergyn, I just repped you because that was funny!

Alaskapat and others, police will not respond here in my part of L.A. to anything short of arterial, projectile bloodshed. This is part of what I'm trying to inform others on this forum, what happens when a place changes due to the illegal demographic so predominating. In L.A., being ground zero for illegal immigration- 300 arrive daily- quality of life issues where I live are overwhelmed by attention to acute violence caused by illegals' gangs when prioritized by law enforcement.
There is no such thing as "illegal" gangs. All gangs in America are American by products.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:07 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
How would you generally characterize your encounters with other immigrants?
immigrants have been just like every other people on the streets: everyone minds their own business.

some are gonna be rude like some citizens are gonna be rude.

some are gonna be super friendly like some citizens are gonna be super friendly.

you cant generalize all immigrant's attitudes...just like you cant generalize citizen's attitudes.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:10 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
There is no such thing as "illegal" gangs. All gangs in America are American by products.

The few illegals that do join gangs, join gangs that have existed in America for decades.

but i guess its easy to assume all mexicans are illegal.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:12 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,605,139 times
You don't live amongst the newish Ms-13, Maratrucha Salvadora, as I do. You don't live as I do amongst generationally entrenched gangs, who recruit from the battalions of illegals and their offspring here. My neighborhood watch work with local police confirms same. In the San Fernando Valley of L.A., in the brave new world of multiculturalism where I live, the biggest of the many, many gangs even consider themselves to be Mexican, Salvadoran, Armenian or Russian- not even hyphenated! How can you defend vicious gangs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration