Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:52 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Apples and oranges. Hispanics born in America usually live under American standards. Mexican standards are far less than the U.S.
And we want this why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 03:54 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And we want this why?
Why did we want the European peasants?

Old 04-17-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Better yet let me tell two of my dudes. One is doing time for robbery and one is facing the death penalty for a hate-crime related murder.
I am sure they will be very happy to hear it.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
UUUMMMMMMM as it has been pointed out several times, times have changed, we no longer need.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:58 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,192,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I lived in phoenix and NC and Md all of which were bad , which of course we had our "white trash", but the hispanic neighborhoods were really bad, as with the two neighbors I have now. Someone t/p'd the house and it has not been cleaned up in a month, and they have a toilet in the front yard and about 7 cars, 4 of which do not run. Thats not to say that Hisapnics are that way, when we lived in Colorado in the Aspen area, we met plenty of Hispanics that were very neat and clean and polite. But they also were citizens, born here.
You need to meet a better class of hispanic. I know most of the neighborhoods of Las Vegas which has an hispanic population of about the same percentage as Phoenix. Now we are a much newer city than Phoenix and that may have something to do with it. But we have no such hispanic neighborhoods. In fact we have no neighborhoods where one could keep four inoperative automobiles on a property without almost immediate code enforcement. (Well in the acreages you could get away with it behind a block wall but no where they could be seen)

Had a listing last year in a lower end hispanic neighborhood. A little duplex that belonged to a handicapped cowboy. He claimed the best thing that happened to him was when the white crack heads next door were replaced by a nice hispanic family. The problem in that neighborhood was renters and landlords who did not maintain the landscaping. The houses were aged but half were fixed up and quite nice...that house sold to a hispanic for $160K.

I saw two junkers one time. They guy was a police sergant and a hillbilly. He got close to what you are talking about. But he had an acre in the NW.

Nope...gotta be that Las Vegas gets a better class hispanic than does Phoenix.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:59 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,613 times
Quote:
Because our population around 1900 was 70 million people and we needed additional workers. We now have over 300 million living in the US and do not need additional people.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:02 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Because our population around 1900 was 70 million people and we needed additional workers. We now have over 300 million living in the US and do not need additional people.
So we don't need additional to pick strawberries? Your post reflects that of the Californians when the Okies arrived.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:03 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You need to meet a better class of hispanic. I know most of the neighborhoods of Las Vegas which has an hispanic population of about the same percentage as Phoenix. Now we are a much newer city than Phoenix and that may have something to do with it. But we have no such hispanic neighborhoods. In fact we have no neighborhoods where one could keep four inoperative automobiles on a property without almost immediate code enforcement. (Well in the acreages you could get away with it behind a block wall but no where they could be seen)

Had a listing last year in a lower end hispanic neighborhood. A little duplex that belonged to a handicapped cowboy. He claimed the best thing that happened to him was when the white crack heads next door were replaced by a nice hispanic family. The problem in that neighborhood was renters and landlords who did not maintain the landscaping. The houses were aged but half were fixed up and quite nice...that house sold to a hispanic for $160K.

I saw two junkers one time. They guy was a police sergant and a hillbilly. He got close to what you are talking about. But he had an acre in the NW.

Since it is not a problem for you specifically, everyone else in the US should simply put up with clown houses and cars parked on the front lawns, right?

Old 04-17-2008, 04:06 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,192,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
That is an interesting argument. But merely putting it forth carries little weight.

Care to cite the sources that demonstrate this to be true.

I am not really against this one. Just not sure whether it is true or not. Clearly there are jobs filled by the illegals. If the illegals go away what happens to those jobs. Far too big a number for our own unemployed. Can we live without them? Do we have the neccessary physical attributes available to fill the positions? Importing legals sounds dull. Temporary workers? In some places that would work...but in restaurant kitches?

Old 04-17-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

Actually i am in the Seattle area. I was in Phoenix, where it was much worse. But my neighbors I spoke of are here in Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration