U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:13 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,039,320 times

Advertisements

Get a load of Mexico's President Calderon:
Mexico's President Calderon to speak on immigration in Dallas | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Mexico News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/mexico/stories/041708dnmetcalderon.317260a.html - broken link)

This man thinks he can storm into Texas like he is the president ofthe US, and give briefings as if he has any authority.

And he refers to the people who live in Texas (hispanics) as 'his' Mexican citizens. They left his country, why the heck are they "his" citizens? And is it his place to criticize cities like Farmers Branch who have made life more difficult for illegals? No, its not his country, and he has no right to tell us how to run our country. He needs to take his illegal citizens back, and not force them upon us. Would he feel the same way if a mass of illegal immigrants went to Mexico from here and failed to pay taxes, burned the Mexican flag, showed blatant disregard for Mexican laws and citizens, and leeched off residents there? I doubt it.

This is getting ridiculous when other governments think they have ANY authority over how we run this country becuase they dont. I dont see Bush parading through Mexico, so Calderon needs to stay in Mexico where he belongs.

And why does he exactly think Americans are becoming extremely hostile of the Hispanic race? That is just a downright lie. We are hostile of leeching illegal aliens. He needs to get over himself and realize that this isnt HIS country, and if we arent willing to accept illegal aliens, then that is our perogative. He doesnt pay taxes to the American government, nor do his citizens......we do, and we have all the say on how this government will be run.

I think he's got it backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,690,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Mexico's President Calderon to speak on immigration in Dallas | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Mexico News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/mexico/stories/041708dnmetcalderon.317260a.html - broken link)

This man thinks he can storm into Texas like he is the president ofthe US, and give briefings as if he has any authority.

And he refers to the people who live in Texas (hispanics) as 'his' Mexican citizens. They left his country, why the heck are they "his" citizens? And is it his place to criticize cities like Farmers Branch who have made life more difficult for illegals? No, its not his country, and he has no right to tell us how to run our country. He needs to take his illegal citizens back, and not force them upon us. Would he feel the same way if a mass of illegal immigrants went to Mexico from here and failed to pay taxes, burned the Mexican flag, showed blatant disregard for Mexican laws and citizens, and leeched off residents there? I doubt it.

This is getting ridiculous when other governments think they have ANY authority over how we run this country becuase they dont. I dont see Bush parading through Mexico, so Calderon needs to stay in Mexico where he belongs.

And why does he exactly think Americans are becoming extremely hostile of the Hispanic race? That is just a downright lie. We are hostile of leeching illegal aliens. He needs to get over himself and realize that this isnt HIS country, and if we arent willing to accept illegal aliens, then that is our perogative. He doesnt pay taxes to the American government, nor do his citizens......we do, and we have all the say on how this government will be run.

Mexico is running scared IMHO; that country is petrified of being flooded by their citizens as they self deport from the USA due to our toughening laws.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Mexico is running scared IMHO; that country is petrified of being flooded by their citizens as they self deport from the USA due to our toughening laws.
So why the hell would we listen to a man who is running one of the most backwards countries in the world? It is beyond me, but unfortunately our government does.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:06 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,690,703 times
Quote:
So why the hell would we listen to a man who is running one of the most backwards countries in the world? It is beyond me, but unfortunately our government does.
One man: GW Bush.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:19 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Quote:
The problem is -- Calderon doesn't want these people ever returning to Mexico. I don't think we've ever seen a government so intent on ridding itself of it's people. Even Castro saw the need in keeping his citizens -- even against their wills, and the Berlin wall was built to keep people in because their government knew it's citizens were important to keep but the Mexican government is very overly involved in emigration as it's best solution for everything.

They could make life better for these people in their own country but that's the last thing they want to do because then they wouldn't be leaving.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:22 PM

That country has so many possibilities, it really is a shame. It has a lot of citizsens willing to do hard labor....something most countries dont have. They need to capitalize on what they can do.....farm, manufacturing, anything. They just cant stay behind and expect other countries to take their citizens in.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:08 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,918,857 times
Calderon has this incredible arrogance because it is allowed, and more than likely encouraged, by his good amigo buddy and our traitorous El Presidente Jorge.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:19 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,055,126 times
Quote:

You know why does this? Because our fearless leader Bush lays on his back like a dog and piddles whenever Mexico comes a callin'.
Sadly, the top three contenders of the presidency will likely do the same thing. Its ridiculous, and infuriating

But I do agree with malamute, he is scared to death of Mexicos 'undesirables' coming home with the new found expectations of food stamps, health care, education, and housing all paid for by the rich of Mexico. Imagine the Revolution that would cause

Old 04-18-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
You know why does this? Because our fearless leader Bush lays on his back like a dog and piddles whenever Mexico comes a callin'.
Sadly, the top three contenders of the presidency will likely do the same thing. Its ridiculous, and infuriating

But I do agree with malamute, he is scared to death of Mexicos 'undesirables' coming home with the new found expectations of food stamps, health care, education, and housing all paid for by the rich of Mexico. Imagine the Revolution that would cause
All Democrats do the same thing. Its almost like they dont know who they are representing, Mexico or America.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:47 PM

440 posts, read 237,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

That's because they are his friends and 3 generations of Bush family members owe them and its time to Senor Boosh to pay up :

El Andar: Los Amigos de Bush

Now compare those players to these:

MATT Corp - Board of Directors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or