Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 02:15 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Tucson is in a world unto itself but; its population base is tiny compared to here.
Keep in mind, the Pima County Sheriff and the Tucson P.D. has had, and continues to have, it officers Federally trained and sworn, so they can enforce the immigration laws - just as the Maricopa County Sheriff did.

Pinal County, Gila County, Yavapai County and Coconino County are also doing the same.

The "WAR" is on here in Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 02:17 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. The entity known as catholic church IMHO is the equivalent of the theology of brain washing, sexual abuse and organized crime. I'm not sure what aspect is more disgusting: the human worship of the old geezer known as the pope and his jewelry collection; the worship of statues, the child molesters living in plain sight under tax exempt status or the hypocrisy of live as we say, not as we do.

So, catholicism is a brainwashing, pedophilic cult? Why I do remember seeing a certain Reverend Wright simulate ORAL SEX on the pulpit----but that was what? Performance art? He was merely showing his love and tolerance of those of differing viewpoints? I also understand Rev Wright is building one hell of a fine mansion (as do all the big born agains aka Fallwell, Roberts, and that new guy who has the mega church in Texas), but whew! Thank God they are not Catholic!! That would be awful!

(and yet you HATE hypocrisy so much)

Old 04-20-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I'm glad to see there are many others who feel the same as I do about the Catholic church. At the same time, it really baffles me how so many others still defend this corrupt denomination. Does anybody ever wonder why Vatican City was ever declared a separate nation within the city of Rome??? And how did Vatican City obtain all that power and wealth? There's a large underground organization that has been responsible for the church's wealth & status. If you still don't know what organization it is, watch "The Godfather" and you'll find out!

The rest of you made some excellent points about the church: harboring illegals, covering up child molestation under their roof, worshiping the old geezer like he has divine powers, etc. It's asinine how the government allows these houses of whores to be exempt from taxation. I say they should either give tax exempt status to all businesses & citizens alike, or remove the tax exempt status from ALL churches (regardless of denomination).
Let me guess, you belong to one of those Christian sects that believe Catholics aren't Christian and are going to burn in hell, right? Well, Catholics and Jews. OK, make that Catholic, Jews, Muslims and Buddhists. No, wait, all religions but your own. Maybe even the Amish, but you'll have to check back on that one, right?
You make me sick. And frankly the Catholic bashing on this thread is horrifying. I wouldn't mind it so much if you people would actually research a little bit before spewing lies as truth. Catholics don't worship the Pope. We don't worship any other god then the one true god ala the trinity. We don't sacrifice babies and eat them ----- oh, wait, thats what you folks believe the Jews do, my bad.
Lies, half truths, ignorance, prejudice, and hate.
The irony here is that I am not a religious person. I would defend anyones faith if it were being attacked so erroneously.
Well, I'll just end this by saying, I for one am very happy such closeminded fools such as yourselves are not Catholic......let the evangelicals have you, they're used to nuts

Old 04-20-2008, 02:42 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,265,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Let me guess, you belong to one of those Christian sects that believe Catholics aren't Christian and are going to burn in hell, right? Well, Catholics and Jews. OK, make that Catholic, Jews, Muslims and Buddhists. No, wait, all religions but your own. Maybe even the Amish, but you'll have to check back on that one, right?
You make me sick. And frankly the Catholic bashing on this thread is horrifying. I wouldn't mind it so much if you people would actually research a little bit before spewing lies as truth. Catholics don't worship the Pope. We don't worship any other god then the one true god ala the trinity. We don't sacrifice babies and eat them ----- oh, wait, thats what you folks believe the Jews do, my bad.
The irony here is that I am not a religious person. I would defend anyones faith if it were being attacked so erroneously.
Well, I'll just end this by saying, I for one am very happy such closeminded fools such as yourselves are not Catholic......let the evangelicals have you, they're used to nuts
That proves how much you know. Even though I was raised as a Christian (non denominational), the fact is that I'm not a member of any religion at this time. Frankly, I'm not very religious at all. We've all heard that religion is supposed to bring love, peace, morality, and tolerance to the world ... however, I've seen too much evidence of the opposite happening when religion of any kind is a dominant force. This is especially true among certain "Christian" sects and the Muslims. Hatred, violence, and war are started over religious beliefs many times!

Perhaps you should take into consideration WHY there is so much bashing of the Catholic church. It has been too much of a power player for too long ... and it even has influence in our own government (which is supposed to be SEPARATE from religion). Besides that, the corruption & wrong doing within the Catholic church is absolutely sickening. Frankly, I think Sin City has less sin!

Old 04-20-2008, 02:59 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Uh; Camping! and Valley Native--------we are on the same basic page by being against illegal immigration.

No 'civil wars', please

Old 04-20-2008, 05:40 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
So, catholicism is a brainwashing, pedophilic cult? Why I do remember seeing a certain Reverend Wright simulate ORAL SEX on the pulpit----but that was what? Performance art? He was merely showing his love and tolerance of those of differing viewpoints? I also understand Rev Wright is building one hell of a fine mansion (as do all the big born agains aka Fallwell, Roberts, and that new guy who has the mega church in Texas), but whew! Thank God they are not Catholic!! That would be awful!

(and yet you HATE hypocrisy so much)
Well I can tell you frankly I don't think much of Wright and even less of Falwell and Roberts has become a joke and would be better on psychiatric medication since he started having his so called visions. However these people are nowhere near as powerful as the Catholic Church. I have some pretty poor opinions of them but I don't think you can find evidence that they have been responsible for the kind of things that the Catholic Church as been.

Quote:
The reality is there are people out there who don't belong to either group, evangelicals OR the Catholic Church.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Well I can tell you frankly I don't think much of Wright and even less of Falwell and Roberts has become a joke and would be better on psychiatric medication since he started having his so called visions. However these people are nowhere near as powerful as the Catholic Church. I have some pretty poor opinions of them but I don't think you can find evidence that they have been responsible for the kind of things that the Catholic Church as been.

What kinds of 'things'? And don't bring up the crusades or the inquisition. As far as the pedophilia goes, it is being addressed, and such abuse on such a scale cannot happen again. As far as the churchs views on illegals goes....ultimately who cares? As a Roman Catholic I am telling you that the pope and the church itself holds little to no relevance in this modern age and in this western world. I hope you are not one of those nutjobs that thinks Dan Brown is a journalist and that the pope employs giant albino monk assasins because that just isn't the case. Again, what the pope thinks about the illegal immigration problem is irrelevant, though it is alarming that Bush, McCain, Clinton and Obama all agree with him....not because he is the pope but because they all stand to make serious $$$$ by having amnesty.

The reality is there are people out there who don't belong to either group, evangelicals OR the Catholic Church.
Yes, and the other truth is that Catholics are not mind controlled by a German guy in red shoes.....it makes me wonder if there is such a thing as Catholic phobia?

Old 04-20-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
That proves how much you know. Even though I was raised as a Christian (non denominational), the fact is that I'm not a member of any religion at this time. Frankly, I'm not very religious at all. We've all heard that religion is supposed to bring love, peace, morality, and tolerance to the world ... however, I've seen too much evidence of the opposite happening when religion of any kind is a dominant force. This is especially true among certain "Christian" sects and the Muslims. Hatred, violence, and war are started over religious beliefs many times!

Perhaps you should take into consideration WHY there is so much bashing of the Catholic church. It has been too much of a power player for too long ... and it even has influence in our own government (which is supposed to be SEPARATE from religion). Besides that, the corruption & wrong doing within the Catholic church is absolutely sickening. Frankly, I think Sin City has less sin!
Well then, good thing you are not a Catholic....but hey, what the heck! Why not bash everybody who is with spurious lies and distortions of half truths.......I mean do you really believe that the pope is in fact a good fella? Sure, Lil' Benny, maybe you've heard of him?
And again, except for photo ops the RC church has no influence on our government or our politians....just when there is political pandering to do. And as far as the popes view on immigration? Who cares? Noone. If you think he is influencing Bush/Clinton/McCain/or Obama with his views, you must be new to these threads. All of the above love illegal immigration for the $$$$ it brings them and their business friends. The pope happens to agree with their already established viewpoints.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Yes, and the other truth is that Catholics are not mind controlled by a German guy in red shoes.....it makes me wonder if there is such a thing as Catholic phobia?
Sorry, I wasn't aware he was German, I had however seen a picture of his rather interesting red shoes.

I have always found it interesting how so many SAY they aren't controlled by the Pope but yet they allow a celebate man to dictate their sex lives with their spouses in that he says you shouldn't be using birth control.

I should imagine it depends on ones perspective.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Well then, good thing you are not a Catholic....but hey, what the heck! Why not bash everybody who is with spurious lies and distortions of half truths.......I mean do you really believe that the pope is in fact a good fella? Sure, Lil' Benny, maybe you've heard of him?
And again, except for photo ops the RC church has no influence on our government or our politians....just when there is political pandering to do. And as far as the popes view on immigration? Who cares? Noone. If you think he is influencing Bush/Clinton/McCain/or Obama with his views, you must be new to these threads. All of the above love illegal immigration for the $$$$ it brings them and their business friends. The pope happens to agree with their already established viewpoints.
I'm curious when you mention lies, are you speaking of the FACT that the church harbors illegal immigrants AND pedophiles. Are you saying the church is not in fact doing this?

AND are you saying that in spite of the FACT that there is an ambassador to the Vatican from the US they have no political influence on the US?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration