Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:23 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTex View Post
Exedous,

From the wiki entry on ecofascism:

Again, just because these people were monsters doesn't mean they were wrong about everything. I'd dare say that the Third Reich was far more thoughtful about issues around environmental sustainability than today's typical American supercapitalist mindset would allow.
Had the Nazi's not murdered 6 million Jews (among many other needless atrocities)------Hitler would have gone down as one of the world's greatest leaders.

The guy was a prize fool------he had it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 07:57 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,604,880 times
Back to topic: Los Angeles, as repository for the largest amount of illegals in the nation, is where intolerance right here, right now in 2008 as practiced by illegals and foreign nationals empowered by lack of law enforcement about the former, is alive and well. L.A. is where a foreign national neighbor screamed at a friend of mine who objected to him trying to build something on her own adjacant property that "we're taking over, there's no room in L.A. for (terrible perjorative for 'your kind') any more so you might as well move away." This is the Brave New World of Los Angeles: I live here people, I know. Trivia: my friend, often excoriated by foreign national locals for not being "bilingual," reads and speaks fluent German, self-taught, so that she could understand her ancestry. Would that the screaming neighbor felt identical pride about his ancestry, instead of a bully's malevolence in trying to impose his specific point of view upon our American city and his American neighbors.

Last edited by fastfilm; 04-24-2008 at 08:10 AM..

Old 04-24-2008, 07:59 AM

334 posts, read 827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Is the KKK still a recognized organization today?
Yeah, they just changed their name to The Minutemen

Old 04-24-2008, 08:00 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,750,914 times
Los Angeles will remain a thriving booming metro area that it always has been if they can solve the transportation and bad air problems. It is a beautiful city blessed by nature and a highly desired place to live. I would love to live there if it didn't cost so damn much. I see a bright future for LA

Old 04-24-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
Please explain your opinion to those members of 'color' who also happen to be Minutemen.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 04-24-2008 at 09:47 AM..

Old 04-24-2008, 09:40 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,341,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
Ha, ha, very funny.

Except the KKK is not only against illegals, but against American citizens who aren't white, heterosexual, and protestant.

The Minutemen (bless their souls) are only against people who break our laws by coming over the border and stealing from us - in other words, actual criminals.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:02 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,342 times
Thumbs up Large Economic Difference in Los Angeles

I live in Los Angeles, the greater area is probably 50 to 70% Latino. If you learn to accept diversity, you won't feel your a gringo in a fox hole. I have never felt inferior to Latinos. In fact I have driven through 90% Latino neighborhoods and have not been stared at like a foreigner.

With that said, it's very true there is a humongous economic disparity between Latinos/Blacks/Southeast Assians in Los Angeles. Many illegal immigrants pay 300,000 to 450,000 for a 1 bed/1 bath junk home in ghetto central. Latinos have heavily occupied most interior areas of the county. The rich white people live on the coast, and pay as well ridiculous prices for their homes. But the proportion that Latinos or some illegal immigrants are paying for what their getting is completely disproportional to many white folks. Their is barely any sight of a middle class in Los Angeles. It's all about supply and demand. Illegal immigrants know more jobs are in big cities, they raise the price and value of homes, and have to pay more for something that is substandard. Most homes in the Los Angeles, Southeast L.A. County area, and East L.A. area, are sometimes 90 plus years old.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I live in Los Angeles, the greater area is probably 50 to 70% Latino. If you learn to accept diversity, you won't feel your a gringo in a fox hole. I have never felt inferior to Latinos. In fact I have driven through 90% Latino neighborhoods and have not been stared at like a foreigner.

With that said, it's very true there is a humongous economic disparity between Latinos/Blacks/Southeast Assians in Los Angeles. Many illegal immigrants pay 300,000 to 450,000 for a 1 bed/1 bath junk home in ghetto central. Latinos have heavily occupied most interior areas of the county. The rich white people live on the coast, and pay as well ridiculous prices for their homes. But the proportion that Latinos or some illegal immigrants are paying for what their getting is completely disproportional to many white folks. Their is barely any sight of a middle class in Los Angeles. It's all about supply and demand. Illegal immigrants know more jobs are in big cities, they raise the price and value of homes, and have to pay more for something that is substandard. Most homes in the Los Angeles, Southeast L.A. County area, and East L.A. area, are sometimes 90 plus years old.
Having lived in SoCal in the past: I tend to agree with the above poster here line for line.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:31 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Having lived in SoCal in the past: I tend to agree with the above poster here line for line.
I appreciate the compliment ArizonaBear, I know we many times disagree on the subject of illegal immigration, but friendship never has to be in jeopardy.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:07 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,438 times
jesusislord, I am sorry but those illegals that have taken over LA are flat out wrong. Before the onslaught, LA was for the most part cleaner, less crowded, more prosperous, less expensive, safer, and more diverse. 90% Latino neighborhoods is not diversity, its a monopoly.

Last edited by High Springs Gator; 04-24-2008 at 12:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration