U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2006, 01:16 PM

4,489 posts, read 6,657,270 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigration undermines sovereignty and legal rights of citizens!

(btw-this is one of the stranger threads i've read in some time on these forums-hotcity and steve's conversation)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2006, 02:22 PM

101 posts, read 177,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
(btw-this is one of the stranger threads i've read in some time on these forums-hotcity and steve's conversation)

Why do you have to single me and Steve out?

Old 12-28-2006, 02:26 PM

14,874 posts, read 36,242,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcity View Post
Why do you have to single me and Steve out?
What??!?!?!?! Can someone not say they liked or disliked reading your discussion with another poster? Good lord and butter. If you don't want anyone commenting on a discussion you had on a public forum - THEN DON'T DISCUSS ANYTHING ON A PUBLIC FORUM!!! Good grief, grow up. Your assumptions are getting a little over the top. And that is what they are, assumptions. Stop assuming so much.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:33 PM

4 posts, read 14,427 times
Everyone complains that the social security is going broke, we'll with all the illegal immigrants in this county working and not paying social security , but they sure know how to collect well-fair, and when they go the hospital guess who pays their bill not them. When is the AMERICAN PEOPLE GOING TO WAKE UP.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
What??!?!?!?! Good lord and butter. If you don't want anyone commenting on a discussion you had on a public forum - THEN DON'T DISCUSS ANYTHING ON A PUBLIC FORUM!!! Good grief,
As Madmann101 would put it "take a chill pill." You're making a huge assumption that I dislike being singled out; I was merely asking why.

I'm done with you; you're not.... nevermind.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:53 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Illegal immigration undermines sovereignty and legal rights of citizens!

Bluegrass, I agree that the entire argument should be a moot point. How ironic is it that the argument even exists. Well, it would not exist save for those who want to use the backs of these illegal immigrants to fatten their own pocketbooks. The corporate lobby wants cheap, ready-made serfs to do their bidding at a far lower wage than what an average citizen is able to take, and the politicians are looking for votes. It all comes down to money, and power.

The thing that really concerns and puzzles me are those citizens that look upon this as a compassion issue, and don't realize or either choose to ignore the hugely negative impact that illegal immigration has on our economy and society as a whole. It's my opinion that for the most part, these people don't see this impact on a daily basis. We have cow-towed to the illegal immigrant lobby and the politicians long enough, we need to stand up and let our politicians and corporations know this isn't acceptable. Unless we do this in a resounding manner, and very soon, we will never see it resolved - ever.
People are fleeing entire cities to get away from the illegal immigrant boom, who are becoming an increasing power in the US, and fueled by the desire for more and more profit from the wealthy, corporations, and politicians. I've joined an outift called numbersusa (www.numbersusa.com) where you can make your voice be heard through internet faxing, phone calls, and contributions. If more people did this, perhaps we could make a difference. As it stands, the politicians choose to ignore us because they can. Make sure they can't ignore their constituents and say something if you dare..

Old 12-28-2006, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
How ironic is it that the argument even exists. Well, it would not exist save for those who want to use the backs of these illegal immigrants to fatten their own pocketbooks.

Is there any chance that this statement has any type of reference to me in any shape or form?

If the answer is no, good.

If the answer is yes, like I've said before, you're making a huge assumption again.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:23 PM

I'm speaking of the corporations, and the wealthy that run such corporations, etc. Trust me, I'm not taking potshots at you. The reference to citizens that choose to favor illegal immigration does reference your viewpoint, however. I have a hard time understanding why images like the one below send a chill up your spine..

http://cofcc.org/cutenews/data/upimages/Mexican_Rally.jpg (broken link)

And here. Scroll down to the Hispanic professor from UT Arlington calling for the take-over of the southwest.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...3475c&ei=UTF-8

Also,

http://cofcc.org/cutenews/data/upimages/Mexican.gif (broken link)

There are tons of images with "immigrants" pulling down the American flag and putting up the Mexican flag at embassies, schools, and public places. If you think these aren't indicative of harsher times to come, with riots in the streets and more - then you need to think again.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:24 PM

I didn't post the image properly before.

http://cofcc.org/cutenews/data/upimages/Mexican.gif (broken link)

Old 12-28-2006, 03:34 PM

And more...

A call for no borders..

The new "militant" movement

Calls for legalization, and not even in English..

We're all immigrants. They choose to leave out the word "illegal."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or