U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-30-2006, 11:55 AM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,846,862 times
Reputation: 330

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
What you don't seem to understand is that illegals are getting more and more rights in this country every year, especially in border states like Texas.

Tell me why an illegal alien is allowed to go to high school here at taxpayer expense (thanks to a stupid ruling like Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S 202 (1982) ...and then allowed to attend university at IN-STATE tuition rates?

Some of them even get GRANTS for it. Holy crap.

An illegal can pay in-state...while an AMERICAN citizen who lives in NM or AZ has to pay out-of-state rates.

These people have NO right to be here whatsoever, and WE are bending over backwards to accomodate them.

We are not allowing BP agents to do their jobs, and we are not giving them the tools they need to do it properly. Yes, some BP agents are corrupt, but most of them are trying to do an impossible job.

I think I'd better stop here before my rant gets worse.
This has nothing to do with the initial point of two border patrol agents who were arrested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-30-2006, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,516,359 times
Reputation: 4766
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
This hasn't nothing to do with the initial point of two border patrol agents who were arrested.
The fact that the two BP agents were arrested is all part of this same trend....and ties in with everything that is happening now.

Illegal immigration is getting much worse....and is to our severe detriment. BP agents were arrested because of all the PC crap that is going on with regard to illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2006, 12:02 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,846,862 times
Reputation: 330
Cathy the reason the illegal immigration has gone overboard, is people have allowed their frustration and anger to boil over, only to decrease their ability to cope with the situation. I don't feel threatened by illegal immigration, and i happen to live in Los Angeles County, because I take it as a positive.

BTW, worser ain't a word. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2006, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,516,359 times
Reputation: 4766
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Cathy the reason the illegal immigration has gone overboard, is people have allowed their frustration and anger to boil over, only to decrease their ability to cope with the situation. I don't feel threatened by illegal immigration, and i happen to live in Los Angeles County, because I take it as a positive.

BTW, worser ain't a word. lol
I'm very well aware that worser isn't a word. I didn't start the thread.

We aren't going to agree on this. The only positive thing about illegal immigration is that those who hire them save a lot of money on the wages they pay them. It costs us in social services, taxes, unpaid hospital bills, crime, et al.

Those who favor it do not see the detrimental big picture at all.

So, if you like massive illegal immigration, LA is definitely the right place to be for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2006, 03:26 PM
 
146 posts, read 530,014 times
Reputation: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Cathy the reason the illegal immigration has gone overboard, is people have allowed their frustration and anger to boil over, only to decrease their ability to cope with the situation. I don't feel threatened by illegal immigration, and i happen to live in Los Angeles County, because I take it as a positive.

BTW, worser ain't a word. lol
Your argument has no logic: illegal immigration increases because U.S. citizens are angry and can't cope? Come on.

Illegal immigration increases when politicains pander; it's about classism, carrying capacity, liberal guilt, votes and money and politics and racism (against non-Hispanics). It's about a no-longer-minority-in many-places Hispanic voting bloc working to get a majority status and taking power by playing the race card. Come on, get real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2006, 06:45 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,846,862 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by english_teacher View Post
Your argument has no logic: illegal immigration increases because U.S. citizens are angry and can't cope? Come on.

.
Did i say that? Read my last quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 12,701,549 times
Reputation: 1371
boy do i know-i work in an ER where i would say almost a quarter of my patients are illegals coming in, under the custody of United States Border Patrol...........GUESS WHO FOOTS THE BILL FOR THEIR HEALTH CARE? yes you and i, the taxpayers. Have any of yall a clue what a typical ER bill is? If ya dont have insurance, you certainly do. Personally, I dont know HOW my hospital stays afloat. it's only a matter of time before it closes, along with other rural hospitals here........

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
As a Californian who has expienced the full force of immigration, both personally and professionally, I have some things to offer;

1) The lives we knew growing up will be difficult, if not impossible, to replicate for our children.
2) Money can only insulate you so much. My brother, a multi millionaire,which in California isnt anything, lives in a wealthy suburb of San Diego. Absolutely beautiful.. until he leaves his area and into the sea of humanity and illegal immigrants.
3) Mexicans have taken over city and county government in Southern California, white people are now the minority, many stores, including large chains advertise fully in spanish.. dial a bank, a county office. "speakie da spanish?"
4) There are political activist groups such as La Raza that espouse open borders... and their message is being heard and embraced by many liberal hollywood types,
5)Illegals demand rights and services here... and get them (which is even worse),
6) Many trauma hospitals have lost their certifications, (i.e. level one), because of the influx of illegals who cant.. and wont... pay for services.
7) Police are ordered not to enforce federal law .. LAPD went so far as to have a policy for its officers NOT to be allowed to ask the immigration status of detainees (imagine getting disciplined for asking someone of they are illegal).

I left SOCAL and moved up to the tip of NORCAL.... just this year we have seen the influx of illegals, they grow most of the marijuana (my county's number one illicit cash crop)
My wife an I want out... weve been looking at east Texas... but we know illegals will be there too... hopefully less so.. the California I knew... the sunny beaches... the orange trees...the warm breezes... it is gone and will never return.. It has been replaced by needle strewn beachfronts, strip malls selling pinatas, and polluted air.
SOCAL is an overun sewer of people with many places (like Huntington Park) looking like Mexico... a third world mess colliding with the US. The residents that live there get subjected to a watered down quality of life, if you can even call it that, because of the amount of illegal aliens streaming into the state.

Ask me about Los Angeles.. I know,, this is my city.. or was,, I carry a badge.. or did... now,, thankfully Im retired and "outta" there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 12:09 PM
 
4,267 posts, read 7,883,469 times
Reputation: 1551
In Texas, illegal immigrants pay property taxes (as there is no state income tax), so they do pay their share (not as much as rich people, of course) for education.

Also, illegal immigrants pay Social Security, and the money does not benefit them, nor anyone else: see http://www.ssa.gov/oig/ADOBEPDF/A-03-03-23038.pdf (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 12,701,549 times
Reputation: 1371
no Vicman..i am talking about illegal immigrants who havent even established themselves here-i am talking about the ones who got caught walking on some ranch, on foot, on their way to some point in Texas, having been on foot for 3 days or more, coming into the ER in USBP custody for treatment of hypothermia, footrot, dehydration, mesquite thorn puncture wounds, lacerations on their hands from climbing barb wire fences...the illegals who are seen in the ER, then taken back to the holding tank at the USBP checkpoint stations and sent BACK to their country-Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras...etc...
they are NOT paying any taxes of any kind here in the good ole USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 04:16 PM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,272,855 times
Reputation: 5495
belle.. you forgot those carrying child who come across to drop here... instant American... frosts my toes!!!.. neonatal care et al... wouldnt I love to go to the hospital for free

Its not if.. but when hospitals decide to shut down because of liiegal immgrants overloading the system.... L.A. went from 9 class one trauma centers to 2 (both county run and maintained) in a period of a couple of years...thats for a population of close to 20 million.. maybe a bunch more as the census doesnt catch the illegals... No for profit hospital will last very long giving away thousands of dollars... and the government ones are so overloaded they no longer can provide high quality services to everyone...

What does that mean for you or me... means calling 911 and getting to wait..
or not having police when you really need them.. or nurses like Belle working god awful shifts to keep up with the workload .. and tired doctors making mistakes... Illegal immigration affects EVERYTHING in some fashion

If our politicians got to live with some of the decisions they have/havent made about immigration... not from Washington, but in the trenches with the rest of us I bet they wouldnt be so quick to have open arms.. sic-Ted Kennedy... McCain.. jeesh who would have thought he would chose his path to get elected...

I also blame the unions... its their money thats floating alot of the immgrant rights movements (my opinion)... they want the heydays of unions to come back... immigrants are a perfect pool to draw from to fatten the coffers of their war chests....
I cant say I blame mom and pop operations..expecting private business to be policemen and determine status is nuts... the government allows.. no encourages the problem... and then holds citizens to account.. hold on.. theres definately something wrong with that!
Immigration starts with reasonable immigrant policies and secure borders.. after that we can talk about touchy feelie save the world stuff.... but not until then
My biggest fear is that we are going to get sold a bill of goods with the next congress... if the conservatives couldnt figure it out.. how the heck are the liberals going to make it better... inst happening...
Im writing my representatives,, monthly.. but in my case hes already of the same mindset as me.. unusual for Kalifornia.. but there are some conservative reasonable people still here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top