U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2007, 12:15 AM

4,284 posts, read 7,897,965 times

Advertisements

The cops probably nailed your cousin for an offense on his part; did they throw the illegal woman in jail too? If she was unlicensed, she should not have been driving; she should have taken public transportation or hitched a ride with a friend.

I tell everyone to not blame the illegal immigrants for illegal immigration themselves...
1. Poor people in Mexico (and Central America) find a lot of difficulty trying to get out of Mexico - The Mexican government limits who can leave. Heck, Mexico is even careful handing visas to people.
2. Usually the illegal immigrants themselves merely want better lives for themselves and their families. The idea of illegals abusing government services MAY happen later, after they are Americanized

Instead, blame the social situations in Mexico and the American companies who support illegal immigration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
To the people whining about us complaining about illegal immigration.

How would you like it if you had to sit up all night listening to music you can't understand, cleaning up beer bottles everyday out of your yard, being talked about constantly in spanish, but you can't say anything back because you don't understand what their saying!

My cousin is now serving 40 years in jail for man slaughter because he hit a woman driving and killed her 2 year old son. Now I was sad and sorry for the kid, but the woman driving the car was illegal and she ran the red light!

The Americans shouldn't have to pay to support criminals (illegals); your all saying they help us, I think of illegal immigration as a positive thing...just think about what your saying. "Oh I don't mind supporting people who kill americans, burn down our flag, invade our neighborhoods and trash them."

I mean seriously, just think about what your saying. If people like ya'll ran this country we'd all be screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 08:18 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,941,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
"Well Vicman, the best policy would be to never encourage them to come here in the first place then you wouldn't have to contend with the violence. "

The American companies who hire them aren't going to like that at all. A better policy for stopping illegal immigration is to simply force companies to weed illegal immigrants and to stop hiring them. The problem is that the companies don't want to do that.

You know, the companies WANT the U.S. to have an ambivalent view towards illegal immigrants; the companies would hate to see the illegals become citizens because then this means the companies would have to give them the same pay as regular American citizens. At the same time, companies don't want to be completely deprived of illegal immigrant labor.

Also, the only "illegal immigrants" that are violent from the get-go seem to be members of drug gangs. Guess who finances drug gangs? People on both sides of the border.

By the way, I said before that I have not been effected in any negative ways by illegal immigration; I live in west Houston over by Rice University. I have not had any accidents with illegal immigrants. Maybe I had lower food prices, but I will never know if I did, considering I don't ask "Do you hire illegals?"

If you believe the companies are in a conspiracy to impoverish the American public, go after the companies! Don't hire illegal workers - do not work for companies that profit from illegal labor - Do not buy products from illegal labor. Making border security laws will never work, considering the companies will ensure that such laws will never happen (thank the lobbyists). Do not buy any sort of illegal drug, and beat the hell out of any friends who do.
We do need to go after the companies and the politicians need to be booted out; I've said that time and time again. But it doesn't mean you just turn your head away from the other problems that illegals present. You and others pretend to sit on the fence to this problem but in reality you are all for illegal immigration; you never want it to end and don't seem to understand the implications of this massive influx of people on our infrastructure and social environment, aside from all of the economic implications.
You say that you haven't been affected by illegal immigrants, Vicman, but many, many others in this country have. How selfish to say that because "you" personally haven't been affected that it doesn't bother you.
And whether you believe it or not you are being personally affected. If you own a house, many of the property taxes you pay go to fund the public schools in your area, and those schools are demanding more money to contend with the illegal immigrant influx. Do you not think the money spent on additional teachers trying to teach these people English is not something you are paying for? How naive you are to say that you haven't been affected personally when you are affected every day. There are so many more examples of this but since it doesn't hit you, personally, in the face every day you choose to say that you haven't been negatively affected.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:37 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,278,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post

I tell everyone to not blame the illegal immigrants for illegal immigration themselves...
1. Poor people in Mexico (and Central America) find a lot of difficulty trying to get out of Mexico - The Mexican government limits who can leave. Heck, Mexico is even careful handing visas to people.
2. Usually the illegal immigrants themselves merely want better lives for themselves and their families. The idea of illegals abusing government services MAY happen later, after they are Americanized

Instead, blame the social situations in Mexico and the American companies who support illegal immigration.
The Mexican government produces publications to direct illegals how to border cross and avoid detection
The Mexican government does little or nothing to hinder people streaming north... but it does to stop illegals coming into mexico from other places.. like beating, robbing, raping the women on a regular basis.. Weve all seen the videos of what appear to be mexican military vehicles helping drug runners on the border... just ask any Border patrolman or copper down there what the effects of our dismal policies are...
The Mexican government is wholly corrupt in my opinion.. from the President to the street copper.. if you listen to Vincente Fox talk about immigration he proposes its the right of Mexicans to come here for work and its all America's fault... it has nothing to do with Mexico's failure to provide for its people... they have national wealth ..oil..agriculture, (semi) skilled labor force, hard working people.. if the country truely wanted to address its ills.. they could

Great.. so the world wants to better themselves... Im all for that.. not on my tax dollar... which are liberally spent "assistng" other countries. I am NOT of the viewpoint that because of the wealth of the US that we are somehow required to fix other countries ills

I agree about American companies abusing cheap labor.. I, for one, would be willing to pay a higher price for goods if I knew, absolutely, that we would be safer and have more reasonable policies regarding immigration... in other words.. I wouldnt mind paying for a predictible future

Estimates are in California that more than 50 percent of the drivers dont have any insurance.. although its state law... that means every other person coming at you and hurts you most likely will not pay... in my experience most of those are illegals... live in L.A.. get in a crash.. see a hispanic staring back at you from the other car, if they dont flee or provide false information, and you can just about bet your on your own in that accident... injuries,, higher permiums.. loss of life

try that in Mexico.. no insurance.. your in jail.. until you pay your way out...

Old 01-02-2007, 09:39 AM

2,639 posts, read 2,312,678 times
Vicman quoted: Usually the illegal immigrants themselves merely want better lives for themselves and their families.

If that's the case, why do they keep going back to Mexico? We have many Hispanic children in the school district of which I'm employed. They all decided to go back to Mexico before the semester was over and therefore, their semester finals had to be given during a normal instructional day. Very little notice was given to the teachers regarding this. This country bends over backwards for these people. I know it isn't the fault of the youngsters, and I do feel very sorry for them.

We have so many people in areas of our country that need a better life because of poverty and terrible living conditions not to mention the fact of the homeless. Our country won't be getting any better if we continue to allow illegals here.

Wow! What's going to happen when the "quietly planned" NAFTA Super Highway begins which will run from Mexico starting in Texas (Laredo) to Canada north of Duluth, Minnesota. I'm fairly certain this will hinder any success in keeping illegals out.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:40 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,851,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;243370
[color="Black"]COLOR]
If that's the case, why do they keep going back to Mexico? We have many Hispanic children in the school district of which I'm employed. They all decided to go back to Mexico before the semester was over and therefore, their semester finals had to be given during a normal instructional day. Very little notice was given to the teachers regarding this. This country bends over backwards for these people. I know it isn't the fault of the youngsters, and I do feel very sorry for them.
We have so many people in areas of our country that need a better life because of poverty and terrible living conditions not to mention the fact of the homeless. Our country won't be getting any better if we continue to allow illegals here.
Wow! What's going to happen when the "quietly planned" NAFTA Super Highway begins which will run from Mexico starting in Texas (Laredo) to Canada north of Duluth, Minnesota. I'm fairly certain this will hinder any success in keeping illegals out.
Why would you not go back to Mexico? It's your homeland, it's where you grew up and your family and friends are there. Your right, it makes it difficult on teachers when students leave early to travel back to Mexico. But, it's not the same problem presented with the English-Spanish communication. Your right, you shouldn't be able to leave during the middle of the semester. The parents should show responsibility, but maybe for some education is not a valued in their state or town of Mexico. Regardless, the children should finish out the semester.

Once you've experienced easier jobs, you don't want to go back. It's not the point Americans don't want to do the jobs illegal immigrants do, it's the fact they would rather shy away from this type of work. Why? Why do a harder job for the same amount of pay? Any American would choose a waiter or a cash register at a restaurant, instead of roasting in the back kitchen. Most Americans could do Construction labor, but it's not a pleasurable idea. American Citizens should definently be treated before illegal immigrants. The problem is the system, people are on welfare when they shouldn't be. The system has a lack of accountability based on the amount of effort Americans do to end their poverty status.

Do not be misinformed about a super highway. This is meant for the traveling of goods for the tri-countries, United States, Can., Mex. Illegal Immigrants do not travel on these roads. The Border Patrol might have a lack of men, but they aren't clueless. Every highway into the U.S., has a Border Patrol checkpoint, and trust me they take their time to make sure people can't enter illegally. Do they check trunks? Yes. Do they check eighteen wheelers? Yes. One glitch, and everyone takes advantage of it.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:57 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,491,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
The United States does not import illegal immigrants, Illegal immigrants make a personal decision to come to this nation.

I think you need to pay attention to what your president has said several times....He has all but stood at the door and welcomed them in !

Old 01-02-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
This maybe stupid and simple, but lets just invade or buy Mexico. Then there is no longer a border to jump. We gain, they gain.. everyone is happy. Ok maybe not the Drug runners, and the elected officials in Mexico.. but too bad.

We can rebuild Iraq (sorta), I think Mexico is more stable, we could do far more good by making them part of America than by trying to build a fence..

As for the Swede.. Sorry to hear your troubles. But dont think coming back here will change the supporting lazy people living off the welfair system.. it is a major problem here too. Foodstamps, Medicade, Welfair.. all given to illegals here as well.

First of all if you invaded Mexico you would be locked in a mexican jail....and good luck geting out...
You as an American can only go so far into Mexico without a passport and if you do and get caught YOU WILL BE LOCKED UP...and for you comment about no borders....I guess you have never heard of the NWO...And I served this county for YOU an American citizen not mexico.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:18 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,676,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
First of all if you invaded Mexico you would be locked in a mexican jail....and good luck geting out...
You as an American can only go so far into Mexico without a passport and if you do and get caught YOU WILL BE LOCKED UP...and for you comment about no borders....I guess you have never heard of the NWO...And I served this county for YOU an American citizen not mexico.
Your an idiot.. I would not invade Mexico, the US Military would.

I live in Mexico, well it seems any ways, I live on the border of Mexico, so I know about the passport, as of JAN 1 you can not come back across the border with out your passport, so its even harder now.

Mexican jail.. yeah I know all to well growing up in El Paso, we used to go party in Mexico as kids and drink and get stupid. We would often loose our shoes, and planted cash to the police over there.. so your not telling me anything new. Even had a friend get locked up over there for many months.

I was an E6 in the US Army, tell me about serving this country, I did my time over seas in Desert Storm, So before you go talking smack, know your roll.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
A politically incorrect statement made towards Hotcity's neutral remarks on illegal immigration.
I went back and read what hotcity said and I think my statement was and is correct....and are you the one I asked if you or your family was making money off of illegals? I haven't seen an answer yet if you were, but I am still catching up on post....I trying to answer every remark made about my post here...If I haven't gotten to any of you yet, I will....

Old 01-02-2007, 02:29 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,676,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjb View Post
Vicman quoted: Usually the illegal immigrants themselves merely want better lives for themselves and their families.

Wow! What's going to happen when the "quietly planned" NAFTA Super Highway begins which will run from Mexico starting in Texas (Laredo) to Canada north of Duluth, Minnesota. I'm fairly certain this will hinder any success in keeping illegals out. [/color][/b]
Let me also comment on this, thats Highway 70.. If I recall.. It will come from Monterray Mexico, Though Corpus, up into Canada. Corpus has it all just about built in there. Being a former trucker.. were not too pleased, that the US will allow Mexico drivers and truck on our highways and has upto 100 miles in country for a couple years now. There was a planned park it strike blocking every major highway in America at one time to protest.. it never took place, but it may in the not to distant future.

Lets also talk about better life issues, they are not after a better life here.. they take money from us here and send it home back to Mexico, they have no want to better America, rather steal and take from it to better themselves. They are selfish leeches sucking the life and culture from our great country, and its a major problem. When they get what they need they leave, We have a major problem even still with the star card and foodstamps being stolen by non citizens. It cost Texas in the millions every year.. making funds not there for American, TX families who may need them.

I wish I was more well spoken and my frustrations and words were not all jumbled up in my head, because I really want to express how bad this issue really is, how they steal. Lets also not forget that they are here ILLEGALLY! thats breaking the law, thats a crime... and the problem is we have law enforcement that does nothing. They know where they hang out to get work and the cops drive by with a blind eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or