U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-02-2007, 02:33 PM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,492,047 times
Reputation: 413

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Texan born,

I take the illegal immigration issue in stride, not as a negative. I never stated illegal immigration is postive for the United States. I'm sure if folks didn't complain and whine so much over illegal immigration, it would have a much lesser effect of them straining to become angry and frustrated over the issue.
I'm not angry or frustrated over it at all....What I'm angry and frustrated about is any person from any other country coming here and taking what belongs to me and my family...I'll stand here and welcome them with open arms as long as they do it the leagal way.....And as long as they obey the laws of our land as I would do in their homeland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-02-2007, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,313,586 times
Reputation: 700
[quote=Muhnay;244094]Let me also comment on this, thats Highway 70.. If I recall.. It will come from Monterray Mexico, Though Corpus, up into Canada. Corpus has it all just about built in there. Being a former trucker.. were not too pleased, that the US will allow Mexico drivers and truck on our highways and has upto 100 miles in country for a couple years now. There was a planned park it strike blocking every major highway in America at one time to protest.. it never took place, but it may in the not to distant future.

The NAFTA Super Highway is planned to go through the heart of the country along Interstate 35. If you want to see the proposed map or read about it, go to:

www dot humanevents dot com/article.php?id=15497

There are 13 pages of posts about it in the forum, "General U.S." - "Politics."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2007, 02:47 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
5,080 posts, read 7,679,224 times
Reputation: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I'm not angry or frustrated over it at all....What I'm angry and frustrated about is any person from any other country coming here and taking what belongs to me and my family...I'll stand here and welcome them with open arms as long as they do it the leagal way.....And as long as they obey the laws of our land as I would do in their homeland.
Amen Brother. Only differance is it does anger me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2007, 02:50 PM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,492,047 times
Reputation: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjb View Post
Vicman quoted: Usually the illegal immigrants themselves merely want better lives for themselves and their families.

If that's the case, why do they keep going back to Mexico? We have many Hispanic children in the school district of which I'm employed. They all decided to go back to Mexico before the semester was over and therefore, their semester finals had to be given during a normal instructional day. Very little notice was given to the teachers regarding this. This country bends over backwards for these people. I know it isn't the fault of the youngsters, and I do feel very sorry for them.

We have so many people in areas of our country that need a better life because of poverty and terrible living conditions not to mention the fact of the homeless. Our country won't be getting any better if we continue to allow illegals here.

Wow! What's going to happen when the "quietly planned" NAFTA Super Highway begins which will run from Mexico starting in Texas (Laredo) to Canada north of Duluth, Minnesota. I'm fairly certain this will hinder any success in keeping illegals out.

Just a side note here...It was my neighbor who is a teacher that got me to looking into this illegal mess about two years ago...I too thought it was ok for them to be here until she told me what was going on in the public schools...And I found out it goes way beyond the schools....My answer is, fix you problems south of the border and do not export them to me and my family !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2007, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,313,586 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Just a side note here...It was my neighbor who is a teacher that got me to looking into this illegal mess about two years ago...I too thought it was ok for them to be here until she told me what was going on in the public schools...And I found out it goes way beyond the schools....My answer is, fix you problems south of the border and do not export them to me and my family !
Yes, working in the public school system will give one a totally new outlook on the problem we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2007, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,313,586 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Why would you not go back to Mexico? It's your homeland, it's where you grew up and your family and friends are there. Your right, it makes it difficult on teachers when students leave early to travel back to Mexico. But, it's not the same problem presented with the English-Spanish communication. Your right, you shouldn't be able to leave during the middle of the semester. The parents should show responsibility, but maybe for some education is not a valued in their state or town of Mexico. Regardless, the children should finish out the semester.

Once you've experienced easier jobs, you don't want to go back. It's not the point Americans don't want to do the jobs illegal immigrants do, it's the fact they would rather shy away from this type of work. Why? Why do a harder job for the same amount of pay? Any American would choose a waiter or a cash register at a restaurant, instead of roasting in the back kitchen. Most Americans could do Construction labor, but it's not a pleasurable idea. American Citizens should definently be treated before illegal immigrants. The problem is the system, people are on welfare when they shouldn't be. The system has a lack of accountability based on the amount of effort Americans do to end their poverty status.

Do not be misinformed about a super highway. This is meant for the traveling of goods for the tri-countries, United States, Can., Mex. Illegal Immigrants do not travel on these roads. The Border Patrol might have a lack of men, but they aren't clueless. Every highway into the U.S., has a Border Patrol checkpoint, and trust me they take their time to make sure people can't enter illegally. Do they check trunks? Yes. Do they check eighteen wheelers? Yes. One glitch, and everyone takes advantage of it.
They go back to their "homeland" often. Hmmm! I wonder who's footing that bill? I wish I could go back to the state where I was raised as often as they go to their country.

I don't agree that Americans shy away from the jobs that you mentioned. I know more people in the "uncomfortable", per se, line of work that are Americans, usually white Americans, than any other race.

You will have lazies in "any races", but there are many people that have been raised with good work ethics that will do what it takes in any line of work and do it well.

Yes, you're right, it is the sorry system and yes, I do know the reason for the NAFTA highway. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Thanks for your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2007, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,313,586 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by markablue View Post
Stay on topic everyone and refrain from personal attacks, please, or this thread will be closed. Thank you.
Hey TEXANBORN AND MUHNAY...........

This thread has already been warned as per the above quote. It started out as a grammar lesson; let us not have it end as one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2007, 06:58 PM
 
Location: FAGSTAFF,AZ (miseryville)
1 posts, read 1,156 times
Reputation: 13
I am a refugee from Arizona, place that used to belong to the United States, but now belongs to the illegals and the garbage they brought with them. I spent 5 years on the border in Yuma County, and I saw things that forever shaded my view of Mexicans. I saw a illegal Mexican woman throw her baby at SWAT team members to slow them down so her drug dealing boyfriends could get out the back door and across the border with the METH they were dealing. There were over a dozen of them living in a home soo filthy that bio-hazard suits had to be worn to search it, and they werent cooking Meth, just dealing it. The form of id most of them used for booking was their foodstamp cards, and all but one was an illegal, she had an anchor baby and was thus legal, the anchor baby wasnt even in her custody anymore, his 5th or 6th sibling was, all on the states dime.They, the dealers, all had extensive criminal histories and were all disgusting. It wasnt just a one time occurence. I saw this similiar situation time and time again and I watched them prey on the seniors and regular folks over and over again. My car insurance company said that AZ has the highest insurance rates because we have the highest auto theft rate and lowest recovery rate because most of them end up across the border in less than an hour.
I moved to Flagstaff because it was away from the border and at one time was a better place to be, but I have watched them move in and live 15 or more to a house and make a living off the liberal guilt that is rampant in this town and by selling firewood and rocks harvested from our forests.I ran into one group of them that live in my neighborhood, the "father? " was on his cell phone out side the welfare office yelling at someone because his foodstamps had been reduced because someone ratted him out for selling firewood. He was trying to get someone to come up to office and swear he didnt sell firewood, too bad it was well documented that he was making over 4k a month and still drawing benifits for his family of 13 that was living in a 1200 sq ft house, his family was made up of himself, his "wife" his "daughter" and 10 adult male "cousins". They yard had 11 junk vehicles in it, 3 horses, 9 goats, 33 chickens, and was the eyesore of the block, especially when they slaughtered a goat in the front yard and hung it in the tree for one of thier fiestas which always ended in a fight and the cops being called out. The 10 male cousins vanished after the forth time the cops showed up, so now he has the two women and 5 small children in varying stages of undress and cleanliness. Do I have to even mention that only the young girl speaks even a little English?
Arizona is lost, the schools are surrendering and catering to the lowest common denominator and I have read reports from recent graduates that would make a truly educated person shudder.I literally could not figure out what some of them were trying to get across, the grammer and spelling were so pathetic.
I am returning to Texas after a 12 year absence, and I hope and pray that it worth the effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2007, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,313,586 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by calamityme99 View Post
I am a refugee from Arizona, place that used to belong to the United States, but now belongs to the illegals and the garbage they brought with them. I spent 5 years on the border in Yuma County, and I saw things that forever shaded my view of Mexicans. I saw a illegal Mexican woman throw her baby at SWAT team members to slow them down so her drug dealing boyfriends could get out the back door and across the border with the METH they were dealing. There were over a dozen of them living in a home soo filthy that bio-hazard suits had to be worn to search it, and they werent cooking Meth, just dealing it. The form of id most of them used for booking was their foodstamp cards, and all but one was an illegal, she had an anchor baby and was thus legal, the anchor baby wasnt even in her custody anymore, his 5th or 6th sibling was, all on the states dime.They, the dealers, all had extensive criminal histories and were all disgusting. It wasnt just a one time occurence. I saw this similiar situation time and time again and I watched them prey on the seniors and regular folks over and over again. My car insurance company said that AZ has the highest insurance rates because we have the highest auto theft rate and lowest recovery rate because most of them end up across the border in less than an hour.
I moved to Flagstaff because it was away from the border and at one time was a better place to be, but I have watched them move in and live 15 or more to a house and make a living off the liberal guilt that is rampant in this town and by selling firewood and rocks harvested from our forests.I ran into one group of them that live in my neighborhood, the "father? " was on his cell phone out side the welfare office yelling at someone because his foodstamps had been reduced because someone ratted him out for selling firewood. He was trying to get someone to come up to office and swear he didnt sell firewood, too bad it was well documented that he was making over 4k a month and still drawing benifits for his family of 13 that was living in a 1200 sq ft house, his family was made up of himself, his "wife" his "daughter" and 10 adult male "cousins". They yard had 11 junk vehicles in it, 3 horses, 9 goats, 33 chickens, and was the eyesore of the block, especially when they slaughtered a goat in the front yard and hung it in the tree for one of thier fiestas which always ended in a fight and the cops being called out. The 10 male cousins vanished after the forth time the cops showed up, so now he has the two women and 5 small children in varying stages of undress and cleanliness. Do I have to even mention that only the young girl speaks even a little English?
Arizona is lost, the schools are surrendering and catering to the lowest common denominator and I have read reports from recent graduates that would make a truly educated person shudder.I literally could not figure out what some of them were trying to get across, the grammer and spelling were so pathetic.
I am returning to Texas after a 12 year absence, and I hope and pray that it worth the effort.
I am incredulous by what you wrote, but what an excellent post to give those who are not as educated first-hand on this terrible epidemic that is sweeping our country. Your post is horrifying to me.

I have lived in TX for 28 years. Trust me, it is not in the best of shape either, and I know it will continue to worsen. Do be careful before you choose where to live. Eventually, I believe all of Texas will become what Flagstaff has become over the years. It saddens me.

I wish you the very best as you move from such a terrible situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2007, 08:15 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
5,080 posts, read 7,679,224 times
Reputation: 1105
So graphic detail. And so true too.. stuff I have seen here in El Paso as well. I wont lump all hispanics into the same pot, but its more common than not, what you discribe as the type of people they are. I know that makes me sound raciest as heck.. but I am not, its just true.. Its hard to be white now a days, you have everyone calling you a raciest for just being white. If you stand up for yourself or your values your a raciest. If you defend your rights your a raciest. What is this country coming too?

Did you know Americans cant own land in Mexico? Now I am not too sure thats true, but its something I have heard. And we can not become Mexican Citizens.. another thing I am told and am unsure of.

Dont get me wrong here, I love the United States, and would die defending it. But something is not right and it needs fixing. And its not just a republican issue, its both sides they have become so self involved the country is suffering for it.

Let me say that there is hardly any place in Texas now that you can go that wont have the same problems as Flag Staff. Heck I am not sure there is any place in the US you can go now that is not effected in one way or another.

maybe this is how they will win the war.. just squat on the lands they think should of been part of Mexcio in the first place.. REMEMBER THE ALAMO! And we will all move to higher or farther off places and the states and cities they have taken over will just become Mexico.

Oh hey how did that soap box get there.. heh heh.. lemme step down now..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top