U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 04:33 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,848,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Now they may get tracking devices in case they get into trouble, I swear!!!!! More help for them.
It's only for their own safety, it's not going to increase illegal immigration. I would rather people be safe, then deter them to cross the border without they knowing there's any safety net.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 04:36 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
It's only for their own safety, it's not going to increase illegal immigration. I would rather people be safe, then deter them to cross the border without they knowing there's any safety net.
How about, keeping them from crossing the border instead of giving them peace of mind that they can.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:41 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,848,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
How about, keeping them from crossing the border instead of giving them peace of mind that they can.
Safety is more important to the Border Patrol and moi. They should have a judge and receive a sentence, so they'll think twice over re-crossing.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:44 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Safety is more important to the Border Patrol and moi. They should have a judge and receive a sentence, so they'll think twice over re-crossing.
I think the fear should be kept there, and the Border Patrol doesnt like the idea. And guess who will end up footing the bill? They need to Stay home and fix your own damn country and quit screwing with mine.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:22 AM

354 posts, read 761,894 times
Let me know how well diplomacy is working between the U.S. and Mexico in regards to illegal immigration, poverty, and the drug trade. So how are a majority people with a dismal primary school education supposed to change a country rooted in racism, classism, and sexism?

If the richest nations in the world are not to aid the most unfortunate, then who will?

Old 01-21-2007, 06:00 AM

196 posts, read 691,220 times
Default illegal immigration

The whole illegal situation is out of control and the way it looks The United States will never be the same again. There is a whole town not so very far from me that is now almost completely Mexican. Another town up the line is not far behind. It's not that so much as the illegal status. The financial burden is too much for middle class people to bear. What a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2007, 09:22 AM

597 posts, read 1,786,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
Let me know how well diplomacy is working between the U.S. and Mexico in regards to illegal immigration, poverty, and the drug trade. So how are a majority people with a dismal primary school education supposed to change a country rooted in racism, classism, and sexism?

If the richest nations in the world are not to aid the most unfortunate, then who will?
You make an excellent point. But, the only reason Mexico is unfortunate is that most of its people live in poverty and the government there doesn't care, even though Mexico is the richest country in Latin America it spends hardly anything on helping its citizens. I'd be absolutely shocked to see any major improvements in my lifetime.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:36 AM

173 posts, read 372,021 times
Our once beautiful America, is fast turning into a third world country.

Drive through California, and you will see town, after town, turning into Mexico.

Those of us who know our country is dieing, are constantly ridiculed by some, because we are trying to sound the alarm, and wake people up.

It is like being on a huge ship owned by you, and your fellow citizens. The ship starts sinking, and you, a passenger, are trying to warn the people to close the entrance, but other passengers keep putting their hand over your mouth, telling you to shut up.

These fellow passengers think it is unfair of you to sound the alarm, as you try to save your family and friends. These passengers feel all must drown equally, even though the ship is being overloaded, and will be sunk by people who just "sneak" on.

Also remember, lots of people are employing these illegal aliens because they are cheap labor. So don't be surprised when they come on the forum, and give the Patriots a hard time, while they profit from our worst nightmare!

Old 01-21-2007, 02:54 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
Our once beautiful America, is fast turning into a third world country.

Drive through California, and you will see town, after town, turning into Mexico.

Those of us who know our country is dieing, are constantly ridiculed by some, because we are trying to sound the alarm, and wake people up.

It is like being on a huge ship owned by you, and your fellow citizens. The ship starts sinking, and you, a passenger, are trying to warn the people to close the entrance, but other passengers keep putting their hand over your mouth, telling you to shut up.

These fellow passengers think it is unfair of you to sound the alarm, as you try to save your family and friends. These passengers feel all must drown equally, even though the ship is being overloaded, and will be sunk by people who just "sneak" on.

Also remember, lots of people are employing these illegal aliens because they are cheap labor. So don't be surprised when they come on the forum, and give the Patriots a hard time, while they profit from our worst nightmare!

What you say is so true...but if you are trying to wake up the pro-illegal liberal left....it's a waste of time.....only the left side of their brain works...and that's the side that likes to give everything away, mine, yours and theirs...and without asking US first if we want to give ours away !

Old 01-21-2007, 03:14 PM

752 posts, read 594,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
Conan, this a forum...not an English class
And those Mexicans come over demanding service in Spanish.

Ohh, the irony is killing me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or