U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:10 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I have grappled with this problem: illegal immigration. On one hand, I can understand Mexican immigrants wanting a better life for their kids and willing to break the law to do that. On the other hand, breaking the law to do so, is not good.

I've decided that anyone breaking the law to get here, DOESN'T BELONG HERE. If you can't come here legally, then you need to get your arses back to your home country and make the proper arrangements. I say that every single illegal immigrant and their kids need to be shipped back to their country with severe penalties if they are caught illegally re-entering.

This is getting ridiculous. These people and the H-1B visa Indians are displacing a helluva lot of Americans. No wonder unemployment figures are through the roof.
As you stated.

Let the pro illegal fans spout off their fading rhetoric---------it is blowing up in their faces big time.

And the ICE hammer continues to fall---------catching both illegals and their enablers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 05:24 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,217,823 times
God has nothing to do with the issue.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:07 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
yeah it doesnt help that every year they increase the cost for these "immigrants" to become citizens. I believe its at 300 already, where do you expect people that make 7 a week to come up with this, plus they keep making the test harder. I know alot of gun ho americans that wouldnt pass that citizenship test, these people dont have it eazy, theyre just trying to feed their families, guess what? like all of us are.
I'm sorry but millions of legal immigrants had no problem coming up with the money to enter legally. Why is it that illegals can come up with the cash to pay a smuggler to transport them accross the border but not for the applications? Could it be that the illegals would rather cheat than play by the rules?
That said lets address another issue. Why should the USA allow people of low means, unskilled to enter? Most countries have even more strict requirments to immigrate. Thailand requires a minimum of 50 Grand in a thai bank if you want a perm. visa. Australia is more strict than the USA also. So once again why should we make it easier, cheaper and less restrictive than other countries? We don't owe anyone a free ride nor should we grant it.
THe illegal issue is a simple issue quite honestly. They entered illegally. They should each and every one of them be deported for failure to obey our laws. They have proven themselves unworthy of residence by default.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
News flash, a lot of us are not anglo, are black, hispanic and hybrids that don't want anyone here illegally either. What's your story again? Your parents are illegals? family? Please enlighten us to why you think your values of illegals mean more than people here by the book, that take the citizenship test. If your job gets undercut by an illegal I hope you sing the same tune. Do you have a job? Do you pay taxes?
I am noticing more and more that many of the more insolent pro illegal posters on this Forum are/were either illegals themselves or the Anchor Baby children of the above.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
That would be fine, except i'm an african-american with native american blood and I will not move anywhere north of PA.
Not wise for someone of Aztec, Mayan, etc. 'SOB' heritage to play the 'race card' against someone of Cherokee, Navajo, etc. background when it pertains to living here in the USA

Old 11-07-2008, 08:39 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not wise for someone of Aztec, Mayan, etc. 'SOB' heritage to play the 'race card' against someone of Cherokee, Navajo, etc. background when it pertains to living here in the USA
LOL I guess not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or