Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2006, 04:47 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcity View Post
It seems that most of you are complaining about Mexican illegal immigrants, because I have not heard a thing about complains about other illegal immigrants from other countries. It certainly might due to the smaller number of such other immigrants.

Not ALL illegal immigrants are bad for the US and our economy. Certain number of these illegal immigrants are very hard working and are productive members of society. Some of their kids even have the potential to become future leaders of America.

Currently, there might be more Mexican workers than the US can obsorb and it can certainly become a liability to the US economy. With that being said, border control should be the focus and not hate towad certain group blindly, but, rather evaluate each of them individually.

It is, sometimes, easy in our human nature to seperate, ceterorize and even hate.

amjb, does that answer your question on my views on immigration?
Oh hell, I'm a fixing to get banned here, but seems to me I have happened up another bleeding heart, tree hugging liberal by the name of "hotcity"...I've heard so much of this liberal crap from your kind that I can not stand to sit here and let you and your kind tell us what great things these illegals do for this country...So I will tell you what some of them do...The kill 25 Americans everyday of the week, 12 by murder 13 by drunk driving. They think it is ok to have sex with our 12 year old daughters as it is ok to do in Mexico...They think it is ok to steal your SS number to get a job...They think it is ok to cost the Harris county tax payer 97 million dollars a year in medical care that they do not pay for and this is above any monies the county is able to collect from them..It's ok for them to drive without a Texas DL and have a wreck with you without insurance...They think it is ok to carry the Mexican flag in the streets of America above an upside down American flag...Employers think it is ok to give them jobs because they will work under slave conditions and for a non living wage....

So who ever runs this blog you can ban me if you wish but I have had my say if you don't delete it...

And if you people want to find out more about what illegals are doing to the country go to www.saveourstate.org and click on the forum icon...

I see that some of the teachers had told you what they are doing to the school system...My daughter is an RN and she tells me of the problems they have with them at the hospital she works at...

And teachers pelase fell free to correct me englsh and me speling and did me get me comas an perods all rite ?

and don't forget.... www.saveourstate.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2006, 05:06 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,071,404 times
I honestly do not mind illegal immigration at its current rate specifically in Houston... but...

I do mind illegals driving cars. There are no excuses for illegals driving cars. They can have their legal friends drive, or, take METRO.

Old 12-31-2006, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I can understand how you might be offended SA when people start spouting statistics about Hispanics in general. I have no problem with hispanics, I have very close friends that are hispanic as well as from other cultures. Many hispanics, such as yourself, who are here legally have been put on the defensive when that shouldn't be the case.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my problem is with illegal aliens, and that goes for any race - Russian, Polish, Mexican, Canadian, Chinese, German, or whatever. It's not solely about Mexicans or Latinos, it's about illegal immigration.

I do believe the reason many are talking about Hispanics and the explosion in population so much is because the vast majority of those who are illegal are from Mexico and our other neighbors to the South. Therefore, you will probably notice a backlash toward all people of Hispanic descent because the Hispanic illegal immigrant population is by far the most predominant. It's unfortunate, but a fact of life. Many people such as myself were really put off by the millions of (mostly) Hispanics that were marching in the streets in May of this year, demanding this and demanding that. It angered me as well as many other citizens of all races and ethnic backgrounds. But, to reiterate my point, I have nothing against Hispanics in general.
It angers me is that hispanics seem to support the illegals from Mexico even tho they themselfs are Americans and seemed to put Mexicans before Americans..And when you look at what LULAC and others like them are doing, I have to ask, How can you not see how we will not be angered ?...When I see 100's of thousands of hispanics marching in the streets carring Mexican flags and some with the American flag under it up side down...why would I not be angry ? My oath to this country was to defend it from all invaders...And I still believe in that oath...

Old 12-31-2006, 05:34 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
^I'm with you texanborn. This is a HUGE problem, and those who support this kind of stuff are among the worst of the problem.

Old 12-31-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Cathy the reason the illegal immigration has gone overboard, is people have allowed their frustration and anger to boil over, only to decrease their ability to cope with the situation. I don't feel threatened by illegal immigration, and i happen to live in Los Angeles County, because I take it as a positive.

BTW, worser ain't a word. lol
I have a question for you . If you don't see it as a problem are you making money off of the illegals ?
And also what is the positive you from it ? I think it is because you or your family is making money with slave labor !

Old 12-31-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
In Texas, illegal immigrants pay property taxes (as there is no state income tax), so they do pay their share (not as much as rich people, of course) for education.

Also, illegal immigrants pay Social Security, and the money does not benefit them, nor anyone else: see http://www.ssa.gov/oig/ADOBEPDF/A-03-03-23038.pdf (broken link)

What world are you living in? And where did you get that information from, Lulac? Most of them live in cheap apartments 3 or 4 to an apartment and pay very little in property taxes...I've seen as many as 4 families in one rent house. I wish I could divide my property taxes by 4, don't you ? And the SS numbers they use are fake or stolen or they work under the table and pay no taxes at all...The only tax they pay would be the Texas state sales tax and I don't know, they may have found away out of that one ...Didn't you see the ICE Swift raid in North Texas with all of the stolen SS numbers they were using ? Turn on your TV and learn what's going on.

Old 12-31-2006, 07:06 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,071,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
What world are you living in? And where did you get that information from, Lulac? Most of them live in cheap apartments 3 or 4 to an apartment and pay very little in property taxes...I've seen as many as 4 families in one rent house. I wish I could divide my property taxes by 4, don't you ? And the SS numbers they use are fake or stolen or they work under the table and pay no taxes at all...The only tax they pay would be the Texas state sales tax and I don't know, they may have found away out of that one ...Didn't you see the ICE Swift raid in North Texas with all of the stolen SS numbers they were using ? Turn on your TV and learn what's going on.
Now, as for the other stuff...

Yes, it's true that many illegal immigrants pay property taxes, but pay few as they live in low-rent apartments. The thing is, though, that many school districts (as they get money from property taxes) know this and choose to admit illegal immigrant children, some from state law. Why? I heard they get extra funding from the state per child. And this isn't exclusive to Texas...

New York City Public Schools, for instance, must admit people regardless of immigration status.

http://www.insideschools.org/st/ST_start.php

"Immigrant students do not have to show documentation of US residency status to enter school, under Chancellor's Regulation A-101 1.5. Moreover, New York City schools are barred from asking about or discussing immigrant status with a parent or student. See also Advocates for Children's guide to immigrant students' rights. For information about classes designed for immigrant students, see our page on English language instruction."

I.E. illegal immigrants are allowed in New York City schools.

With stolen/duplicated SS numbers, the immigrants don't get social security - but this means the employer doesn't get to pay as much social security - This works out for the employer, not for the illegal immigrant; I doubt the employer is going to give wage differences to illegal immigrants.

I found this gem of an article: http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/09/04/news/id.php

In fact, the mismatches do have their consequences - I.E. if an illegal immigrant ruins his own financial life, it can also put stains on an innocent person's financial life.

Last edited by Vicman; 12-31-2006 at 07:48 PM..

Old 12-31-2006, 07:10 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,544,541 times
Quote:
Exactly. I'm sure illegals pay some taxes (property, sales, etc). But they don't pay *enough* taxes. Illegals are almost, by definition, mostly poor. Poor Americans don't pay for the social services they use, via property and sales taxes. Better-off Americans (not much better-off, but well-off enough to pay income taxes) do. What this flood of poor illegals means is that either taxes go up for better-off Americans or the services get cut off. In many cases, services are getting cut off - hospitals are closing and so on. But the tax burden for American taxpayers is rising even as the services are getting cut off. That's the problem.

And it's not just about taxes and services. Immigration laws, like every other set of laws in this country, ought to be about what is of benefit to Americans, not the people of other countries. Whether it's taxes or the imposition of foreign languages on local school curricula, if immigration is not of benefit to existing Americans, it ought to be cut off. How would hotcity feel if I were to propose that China start importing millions of impoverished Bangladeshis (even relative to China) into the country and introducing Bengali as an alternate language in China? Has Mexico imported millions of impoverished Africans onto its territory and introduced Igbo and Amharic as alternate languages? Why should it expect the United States to import millions of Mexican citizens?

Old 12-31-2006, 09:11 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times
Quote:
tree hugging liberal www.saveourstate.org
A politically incorrect statement made towards Hotcity's neutral remarks on illegal immigration.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:13 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Fei View Post
Why should it expect the United States to import millions of Mexican citizens?
The United States does not import illegal immigrants, Illegal immigrants make a personal decision to come to this nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration