Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 07:46 PM

332 posts, read 449,017 times

Advertisements

I live in a somewhat small city in Central Texas( Waco)

it use to be a fairly safe and nice city, but now it over ran by illegal aliens and omfg its crazy, just a week ago 10 cars were stolen out of my neighborhood within a 2 day period, a few days before it happened my mom caught two "hispanics" (not trying to sound racial) stealing a car, we know they were cause the man ran outside and the two men hurry up and got in there car and drove off!

I swear it seems like Waco is turning into Mexico, they've turned my neighboorhood into a wasteland our crime rate is steadily increasing! I was standing in line one day at the store and a woman was in front of me and she couldn't count, so the cashier was trying to tell her what to do, but the woman couldn't understand english! and the cashier didn't understand Spanish

I mean if your going to illegally sneak over to America at least learn some type of English I mean were forced to learn spanish at school. But seriously it's getting way out of hand and I'm sick of it. I know there trying to find jobs, but I mean there takign all the low paying jobs that we have, no place near my home is hiring really and it needs to be put to a stop!

How is Ilegal Immigration in your areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2006, 08:54 PM

130 posts, read 873,342 times
Not to belittle the immigration problem, but how are we to take you seriously when your English is poor?? " Immigration getting worser".

I mean, I'd correct my 6 year old with such poor usage of the English language!!

Old 12-25-2006, 10:20 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,224,009 times
Madmann 101

I live in Central Texas as well but outside of a small town, so I'm not plagued with such a problem yet although we do have our share. Waco is WAY too large for me and I have no interest living any closer to it than I already do. It wasn't too long ago that I heard Waco is becoming one of the most crime-ridden places in the nation. How true is that, I don't know for sure. I only know what I heard.

I agree with you about the Hispanics needing to learn to speak English but one thing I can tell you for sure is if they're illegal, they better not be finding jobs. Unfortunately though, they seem to know how to beat the system and use false identification and actually get employment. I know that for a fact as it has happened where I work, a school system no less. It's a sad situation that I'm not sure will ever be rectified. It's out of control.

We are spending mega bucks in the school systems trying to teach their children English. I'm afraid it will only get worse in Texas like it has in California.

Old 12-25-2006, 11:28 PM

Conan, this a forum...not an English class

Old 12-26-2006, 07:34 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
As a Californian who has expienced the full force of immigration, both personally and professionally, I have some things to offer;

1) The lives we knew growing up will be difficult, if not impossible, to replicate for our children.
2) Money can only insulate you so much. My brother, a multi millionaire,which in California isnt anything, lives in a wealthy suburb of San Diego. Absolutely beautiful.. until he leaves his area and into the sea of humanity and illegal immigrants.
3) Mexicans have taken over city and county government in Southern California, white people are now the minority, many stores, including large chains advertise fully in spanish.. dial a bank, a county office. "speakie da spanish?"
4) There are political activist groups such as La Raza that espouse open borders... and their message is being heard and embraced by many liberal hollywood types,
5)Illegals demand rights and services here... and get them (which is even worse),
6) Many trauma hospitals have lost their certifications, (i.e. level one), because of the influx of illegals who cant.. and wont... pay for services.
7) Police are ordered not to enforce federal law .. LAPD went so far as to have a policy for its officers NOT to be allowed to ask the immigration status of detainees (imagine getting disciplined for asking someone of they are illegal).

I left SOCAL and moved up to the tip of NORCAL.... just this year we have seen the influx of illegals, they grow most of the marijuana (my county's number one illicit cash crop)
My wife an I want out... weve been looking at east Texas... but we know illegals will be there too... hopefully less so.. the California I knew... the sunny beaches... the orange trees...the warm breezes... it is gone and will never return.. It has been replaced by needle strewn beachfronts, strip malls selling pinatas, and polluted air.
SOCAL is an overun sewer of people with many places (like Huntington Park) looking like Mexico... a third world mess colliding with the US. The residents that live there get subjected to a watered down quality of life, if you can even call it that, because of the amount of illegal aliens streaming into the state.

Ask me about Los Angeles.. I know,, this is my city.. or was,, I carry a badge.. or did... now,, thankfully Im retired and "outta" there.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:43 AM

Another thing that makes me mad is in Spanish class, my teacher let them grade papers and things since they know spanish. I think that seems really unfair to the ones who have parents who help pay taxes, while they get to sit around and get special treatment. and there automatically exempt from the exams!

Old 12-26-2006, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
As a Californian who has expienced the full force of immigration, both personally and professionally, I have some things to offer;

1) The lives we knew growing up will be difficult, if not impossible, to replicate for our children.
2) Money can only insulate you so much. My brother, a multi millionaire,which in California isnt anything, lives in a wealthy suburb of San Diego. Absolutely beautiful.. until he leaves his area and into the sea of humanity and illegal immigrants.
3) Mexicans have taken over city and county government in Southern California, white people are now the minority, many stores, including large chains advertise fully in spanish.. dial a bank, a county office. "speakie da spanish?"
4) There are political activist groups such as La Raza that espouse open borders... and their message is being heard and embraced by many liberal hollywood types,
5)Illegals demand rights and services here... and get them (which is even worse),
6) Many trauma hospitals have lost their certifications, (i.e. level one), because of the influx of illegals who cant.. and wont... pay for services.
7) Police are ordered not to enforce federal law .. LAPD went so far as to have a policy for its officers NOT to be allowed to ask the immigration status of detainees (imagine getting disciplined for asking someone of they are illegal).

I left SOCAL and moved up to the tip of NORCAL.... just this year we have seen the influx of illegals, they grow most of the marijuana (my county's number one illicit cash crop)
My wife an I want out... weve been looking at east Texas... but we know illegals will be there too... hopefully less so.. the California I knew... the sunny beaches... the orange trees...the warm breezes... it is gone and will never return.. It has been replaced by needle strewn beachfronts, strip malls selling pinatas, and polluted air.
SOCAL is an overun sewer of people with many places (like Huntington Park) looking like Mexico... a third world mess colliding with the US. The residents that live there get subjected to a watered down quality of life, if you can even call it that, because of the amount of illegal aliens streaming into the state.

Ask me about Los Angeles.. I know,, this is my city.. or was,, I carry a badge.. or did... now,, thankfully Im retired and "outta" there.
I grew up in Burbank, California and my dad always said, "Some day this state will be overrun with Mexicans." As a teenager in the 1960s, I looked at him like he was crazy as I had very few Hispanics at my school and no blacks whatsoever. Blacks didn't (or couldn't) live in Burbank. Well, God rest his soul, he was 100% correct. I've lived in Texas now for 28 years (moved here in 1978) and we have the same problem. It isn't getting any better.

I just checked quick facts and California has 34.7% hispanics and Texas, 34.6%. That doesn't take into account though the mixed races and those percentages cover the entire state. Of course, there are many wonderful Hispanic families that are here legally and are very fine and hard-working citizens. I want out of Texas for more reasons than the illegals.

The California you knew and I knew was wonderful. Ahhh, the orange and lemon trees, Newport Beach vacations, San Fernando Valley mountains albeit not green but lovely anyway, and the wonderful weather. It is just so sad what has happened.

Old 12-26-2006, 08:37 AM

130 posts, read 873,342 times
madman101, I was joking with you man

And it appears with the legistlation the House is trying to pass now, it's not ever going to get better!!

Old 12-26-2006, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanS View Post
madman101, I was joking with you man

And it appears with the legistlation the House is trying to pass now, it's not ever going to get better!!

Hey, legislation isn't spelled with a "t". Just joking, conanS.

Old 12-26-2006, 09:34 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,153,576 times
Default Mexican invasion is no joke !

I am both sad and angry at what massive Latino immigration has done to my hometown in southern Calif. And this invasion is creeping into parts of the country (midwest, rural south, etc) that you never would have guessed.
And no one had better give me that nonsense about how "diversity is our strength", or "they only come here to work hard", etc. 30% of people incarcerated in federal prisons are illegal immigrants. 30% !!
Relatives I have in law enforcement tell me horror stories of crime by illegals.
Relatives in medical profession tell me horror stories of illegals abusing medical care, and costing taxpayers billions.
And I've seen alot (mostly bad) with my own eyes.
And how sad that folks like me (native born, miltary vet, etc) often have to relocate to cold/isolated corners of this country to escape this nonsense.
Yeah, I'm mad.
Hope this post won't get deleted just because I expressed my opinion and
hard truths. And I won't respond to or worry about the insults or denials that someone is sure to reply with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration