U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-29-2008, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
CHICAGO - Immigration activists and civil rights leaders are gearing up for rallies and marches in cities across the nation, hoping to revive the stagnant immigration debate in time for the presidential election.

Activists predict turnout for the more than 200 events planned Thursday from Seattle to Miami will be far less than in years past.
Arizona Republic article

The damage has been done; pro illegal activists.......it is time to accept the fact that public opinion has turned against illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2008, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,000 posts, read 31,942,334 times
Reputation: 30372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article

The damage has been done; pro illegal activists.......it is time to accept the fact that public opinion has turned against illegal immigrants.
I'd be more than happy to be an atagonist to the pro-illegal marches, but i'm working Friday and unlike illegals i dont get government help that allows me to be lazy and i hope never to need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'd be more than happy to be an atagonist to the pro-illegal marches, but i'm working Friday and unlike illegals i dont get government help that allows me to be lazy and i hope never to need it.
Actually; May 1st is Thursday.....and, never say never.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 08:00 PM
 
Location: OC, CA
3,309 posts, read 5,031,182 times
Reputation: 645
Its a stagnant issue because all the candidates have the same position. We really have no choice, therefore its a dead issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,000 posts, read 31,942,334 times
Reputation: 30372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually; May 1st is Thursday.....and, never say never.
oops my bad.

I just have too much pride to take govt handouts (outside of student loans) and (lord willing) i wont ever be in that postition, but if it means eating or not eating different story. I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 08:12 PM
 
Location: OC, CA
3,309 posts, read 5,031,182 times
Reputation: 645
February 2 (2/2) = Minutemen Day. The day Mexico lost the Mexican-American War, and we paid them $15,000,000 for the Southwest via the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. Thats the day the southwest became part of the US, and its the day Americans should protest the illegals in our country. They can have May 1st, we should claim February 2nd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2008, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
February 2 (2/2) = Minutemen Day. The day Mexico lost the Mexican-American War, and we paid them $15,000,000 for the Southwest via the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. Thats the day the southwest became part of the US, and its the day Americans should protest the illegals in our country. They can have May 1st, we should claim February 2nd.
And Cinco de Mayo (May 5th); despite the Mexican people claiming it as a minor holiday, was when the French left-------in 1867.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2008, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Rosarito Beach
334 posts, read 741,414 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And Cinco de Mayo (May 5th); despite the Mexican people claiming it as a minor holiday, was when the French left-------in 1867.
And YOU are going to tell the Mexican people which of their holidays should be major and which minor???

Despite what you say, Cinco IS minor - just one small battle where the Mexicans defeated the French. It is only "major" to those who are ignorant of this and simply believe the marketing types that it is a great day to drink beer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2008, 08:21 AM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,967,216 times
Reputation: 559
What's the matter with these people?

They have some nerve to illegally enter another country, and march to DEMAND their "rights", when they don't have any, except to be deported.

It disgusts me, and a lot of other Americans - it does them no good to be so blatant, because it turns American citizens against them. They are SO ungrateful for everything we give them - free medical care, free education, free welfare, free food stamps, etc.

WHY would we have any reason to be for them to actually obtain citizenship with their unlawful behavior? They just keep biting the hand that feeds them, and our ball-less government panders to them, when in fact, the American people would like them kicked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top