Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 06:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think a more precise way of classifying people will be by haplogroup. Wouldn't that be interesting.

I'm so tired of people perpetuating racial concepts, race is not relevant, it's culture and ethicity over "race" (so 19th century).

Dig deeper and you've got haplogroup. I'm an H by the way.
I am Haplogroup 'I'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 06:40 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,586,749 times
Default ArizonaBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem
I think a more precise way of classifying people will be by haplogroup. Wouldn't that be interesting.

I'm so tired of people perpetuating racial concepts, race is not relevant, it's culture and ethicity over "race" (so 19th century).

Quote:
I am Haplogroup 'I'
Would one of the posting OP's be so kind as to translate this for me, thank you.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:59 PM

451 posts, read 310,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTex View Post
AirzonaBear,

Just as the United States and Canada have been historically Anglo (with an African minority), Mexico and Central America have been (and still are) predominantly composed of mixed-blood mestizos.

Of course, this doesn't hold for every Mexican or Central American, but it holds well enough for the bulk of the population. There is a good reason for not considering George Romney a typical Mexican and you can't position yourself as if such a principle doesn't exist.

blacknight,

Lol. What, so that they can violently retaliate against them?

True!!!!!, I would add that the vast majority of hispanics are mexican-americans, heavily native-american, hispanics as a group expected to reach 100 million by 2045, so do we really want to **** them off???

Old 05-01-2008, 09:04 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
True!!!!!, I would add that the vast majority of hispanics are mexican-americans, heavily native-american, hispanics as a group expected to reach 100 million by 2045, so do we really want to **** them off???
Looking at the precipitous drop in illegal immigration from SOB; think again.

Besides; many so-called 'Hispanics' have nothing but contempt for those Latinos who came here illegally.

The Colossus of the North is awakening, my friends------and, he is pissed.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:13 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Besides; many so-called 'Hispanics' have nothing but contempt for those Latinos who came here illegally.

Polls and facts don't support that statement.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem

Would one of the posting OP's be so kind as to translate this for me, thank you.
I'm still looking for an answer as to what is a haplogroup.?

Old 05-01-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
I'm still looking for an answer as to what is a haplogroup.?
Haplogroup

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
In the study of molecular evolution, a haplogroup is a group of similar haplotypes that share a common ancestor with a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) mutation. Because a haplogroup consists of similar haplotypes, this is what makes it possible to predict a haplogroup from Haplotypes. A SNP test confirms a haplogroup. Haplogroups are assigned letters of the alphabet, and refinements consist of additional number and letter combinations, Example: R1b1. Y-chromosome and mitochondrial DNA haplogroups have different haplogroup designations. Haplogroups pertain to your deep ancestral origins dating back thousands of years. [1]

I am now going to take 2 Tylenols and go to bed!

Old 05-01-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

This sounds to me like wishfull thinking

Old 05-01-2008, 09:42 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
This sounds to me like wishfull thinking
And just what are your hopes for the future exactly?

Old 05-01-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
And just what are your hopes for the future exactly?
whatever the future brings, we should make the best of it, I personally beleive that we will have an ever increasingly bicultural, anglo-hispanic culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration