U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:38 AM

21,148 posts, read 37,397,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Dozens of volunteer legal observers armed with pens, paper and cameras have shown up whenever Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio conducts a crime sweep.

Standing on sidewalks, the volunteers carefully record the details of every traffic stop that deputies make.
Arizona Republic article (broken link)

Record away------if anything, the above individuals are protecting Sheriff Joe if anything were out of the ordinary.

Besides: I wish the MSM/PC politicians would quit portraying 'Hispanics' as a race------there ain't no such animal. Most North American Latinos are Indians/Mestizos. Hell, Gypsies from Europe (legally Anglo in the USA) are also Mestizo in many cases due to their East Indian (Asian) lineage.

Racially speaking; the 'Whitest' country in the New World is Argentina------which is also Hispanic.

Bottom line: the people in the spotlight are freaking due to some of them harboring illegal immigrants as per the above link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,431,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Record away------if anything, the above individuals are protecting Sheriff Joe if anything were out of the ordinary.

Besides: I wish the MSM/PC politicians would quit portraying 'Hispanics' as a race------there ain't no such animal. Most North American Latinos are Indians/Mestizos. Hell, Gypsies from Europe (legally Anglo in the USA) are also Mestizo in many cases due to their East Indian (Asian) lineage.

Racially speaking; the 'Whitest' country in the New World is Argentina------which is also Hispanic.

Bottom line: the people in the spotlight are freaking due to some of them harboring illegal immigrants as per the above link.

So proving intentional discrimination has become harder in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks because of concerns over limiting law enforcement's ability to apprehend terrorists? With the illegal Mexican invasion crisis, with 20 million illegals running wild, do we not have a somewhat similar situation? Legal hispanics are harboring, aiding and abetting illegals and allowing them to live and move freely right in the midst of the hispanic community, knowing pretty much who the illegals are and where they live, but almost never turning them in. Because legal hispanics share a big part of the problem with illegal immigration I don't have a problem, in the foreseeable future, with ICE checking the legal status of any hispanic just because they look hispanic. Legal hispanics have brought this on themselves.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:15 AM

9,224 posts, read 15,898,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
So proving intentional discrimination has become harder in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks because of concerns over limiting law enforcement's ability to apprehend terrorists? With the illegal Mexican invasion crisis, with 20 million illegals running wild, do we not have a somewhat similar situation? Legal hispanics are harboring, aiding and abetting illegals and allowing them to live and move freely right in the midst of the hispanic community, knowing pretty much who the illegals are and where they live, but almost never turning them in. Because legal hispanics share a big part of the problem with illegal immigration I don't have a problem, in the foreseeable future, with ICE checking the legal status of any hispanic just because they look hispanic. Legal hispanics have brought this on themselves.
You are wrongfully generalizing ALL hispanics, to justify your means.

I can see you blame ALL hispanics for this, do you blame the Puerto Ricans who are US citizens since 1917? Or are they not Hispanics to you?

Old 05-01-2008, 12:06 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,906,992 times
Quote:
I share some of your frustration...but I can't help wonder what makes you think the "legal" Hispanics somehow know who the illegals are....or that they somehow have an 'inside line' on the situation that you don't have. "Hispanics" is an AWFUL lot of people, FAR too many for the 'good' ones to have first-hand knowledge of the 'bad' ones.

You appear to be a legal American citizen. Does this mean you can 'root out' the welfare cheats and tax-evaders among "us"? If so, please tell us where they are. I'm a legal American, too, and I sure can't tell who the 'bad guys' are by looking.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:09 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,431,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You are wrongfully generalizing ALL hispanics, to justify your means.

I can see you blame ALL hispanics for this, do you blame the Puerto Ricans who are US citizens since 1917? Or are they not Hispanics to you?
Good point. Well, since we have accepted de facto profiling of suspected terrorists of Middle Eastern descent, you know, to try to prevent an American city from going up in smoke, IF we decide to profile legal hispanics, because they're harboring, aiding and abetting illegal hispanics, in order to prevent 20 million illegals from ballooning to 30, 40 and 50 million illegals and overrunning the country, we wouldn't profile the Puerto Rican community, that is, UNLESS we find a lot of illegals running loose in their community.

What does Puerto Rican have to do with anything? My legal Mexican American son in law's family have been legal in Houston for at least 4 generations.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:56 PM

21,148 posts, read 37,397,243 times
Quote:
Good point. Well, since we have accepted de facto profiling of suspected terrorists of Middle Eastern descent, you know, to try to prevent an American city from going up in smoke, IF we decide to profile legal hispanics, because they're harboring, aiding and abetting illegal hispanics, in order to prevent 20 million illegals from ballooning to 30, 40 and 50 million illegals and overrunning the country, we wouldn't profile the Puerto Rican community, that is, UNLESS we find a lot of illegals running loose in their community.

What does Puerto Rican have to do with anything? My legal Mexican American son in law's family have been legal in Houston for at least 4 generations.
And I have met a few people from Mexico who were actually White with German last names and spoke standard American English------methinks they would not be profiled for obvious reasons.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,920,597 times
Quote:
And I have met a few people from Mexico who were actually White with German last names and spoke standard American English------methinks they would not be profiled for obvious reasons.
I am sure you have.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:09 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,920,597 times
Quote:

NONSENSE. I guess puerto rico hispanics are walking around with their nationalities tattoed on their foreheads.

Btw, i guess your daughter's husband is to blame for any racial discrimination that may happen to him.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:35 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,469,168 times
Quote:

To prove race profiling shouldn't be too tough. If for example an English speaking American hispanic with a USA birth certificate and extensive cultural knowledge of the USA were to be deported, then I think I would suspect race profiling.

If a Mexican who speaks no English, has suspicious looking papers, has no clue about the history of the state he claims he was born in gets picked up by border patrol, that would not be an obvious case of race profiling.

Race profiling I guess is how someone who didn't know who they were could tell between the Queen of England and Laura Bush, which was more likely to the American.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:52 PM

437 posts, read 572,150 times
Quote:
Well, since we have accepted de facto profiling of suspected terrorists of Middle Eastern descent
You != we.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or