Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 06:14 AM

162 posts, read 326,354 times

Advertisements

Latinos are great people. I dont support illegal immigration, and I cant stand people who wants to rule America by color. Knock it off and fight your own fears about skin color, that is hurting and dividing the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 07:12 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Oooooo, Cannnaaadaaa...
There is a Francophone movement to have Quebec secede from the rest of Canada------which is not likely to happen these days.

For one thing; the birthrate in the above province is at or below replacement level and for another, many of the younger people prefer to speak English over French.

Also; if Quebec did succeed to leaving; the Maritime provinces may petition to join the USA--------with British Columbia and the remaining ones following suit. Translation: Quebec would be surrounded by the USA.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:29 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
Sounds good to me. There is not one piece of compelling evidence to indicate that this country has a shortage of people. 300 million is more than enough to sustain our infrastructure. If anything, we have an oversupply of people due to advancements in medicine -- gone are the days when couples needed to have 10 children because 8 of them died before adulthood due to rough living conditions. The last thing we need is immigration, especially given today's typical immigrants are a great deal different from the sort we used to get, in a healthier time.
Ok then, I have a question for you. What would you do if you were dirt poor, had very little or no education because it was too expensive for you to go to school and you needed work and the nation you lived in either had no work for you or very low paying work(considering this nation doesn't take care of its own people, only the rich)? Would you stay and perhaps starve, or go somewhere else that would make it easier for you?

Old 05-05-2008, 12:38 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Ok then, I have a question for you. What would you do if you were dirt poor, had very little or no education because it was too expensive for you to go to school and you needed work and the nation you lived in either had no work for you or very low paying work(considering this nation doesn't take care of its own people, only the rich)? Would you stay and perhaps starve, or go somewhere else that would make it easier for you?
Starvation is not the case for our neighbors SOB. I keep hearing this ridiculous claim, but have yet to hear of a single story of someone starving to death.

My heart goes out to those who are truly starving and are oppressed by tyrants in the world - because people south of our border are making light of their situation each time they try to portray one of the wealthiest countries (Mexico) as some sort of Darfur.

Nations have historically risen above and challenged their status quo - I recommend a dose of that for Mexico's citizens instead of trying to raid the neighbor's cookie jar.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:09 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Starvation is not the case for our neighbors SOB. I keep hearing this ridiculous claim, but have yet to hear of a single story of someone starving to death.

My heart goes out to those who are truly starving and are oppressed by tyrants in the world - because people south of our border are making light of their situation each time they try to portray one of the wealthiest countries (Mexico) as some sort of Darfur.

Nations have historically risen above and challenged their status quo - I recommend a dose of that for Mexico's citizens instead of trying to raid the neighbor's cookie jar.
Darfur has the most extreme conditions in the world wouldn't you say? Mexico is definitely not going through what the Darfur people are going through.

I doubt anyone is starving in Mexico, actually they are quite plump .

However, there are bad regions, like Chiapas where I have heard a large # of the illegals come from. Just do a search for that specific state of Mexico and you will see the conditions for which they live in. They are mostly indigenous people and greatly oppressed, given only a 3rd grade education, sometimes no water or sewage piped in.

Americans have always wanted to give to charity, Ethiopia, Sudan etc. Well here is your chance right up and personal.

I wish the Mexican government would do something for these folks.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:10 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

I didn't say Mexico was some kind of Darfur. I asked what would you do if you couldn't make it in your own country?

Old 05-05-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I didn't say Mexico was some kind of Darfur. I asked what would you do if you couldn't make it in your own country?
You mentioned specifically, that the choice was either starve or go somewhere else. Making hypothetical questions like this really aren't useful in dealing with this issue.

Perhaps if I can't make it in the country I was born in, then the problem might not be with the country.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Darfur has the most extreme conditions in the world wouldn't you say? Mexico is definitely not going through what the Darfur people are going through.

I doubt anyone is starving in Mexico, actually they are quite plump .

However, there are bad regions, like Chiapas where I have heard a large # of the illegals come from. Just do a search for that specific state of Mexico and you will see the conditions for which they live in. They are mostly indigenous people and greatly oppressed, given only a 3rd grade education, sometimes no water or sewage piped in.

Americans have always wanted to give to charity, Ethiopia, Sudan etc. Well here is your chance right up and personal.

I agree; on that same token, I believe most countries could cite a similar case of their own - do we not have poor and uneducated pockets of our own in the US?

FWIW, I think as a nation the US isn't doing to shabby in the charity department. I'll cut you a deal Mach - every penny I donate to charity will go to the poor in Chiapas exclusively, provided each illegal alien returns home and tries to make their own country better instead of raping ours.

Carlos Slim could singlehandedly take the entire region and turn it into a thriving paradise and still have money left over to burn. I wonder why he doesn't?

Old 05-05-2008, 05:08 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I've wished the same thing, for years. But it's pretty obvious by now that the Mexican Government is NOT going to do anything for these folks, unless it's "pushed'...and they're CERTAINLY not going to do anything as long as they can just send their unwanted poor people here....which they are, in effect, doing, by 'turning a blind eye'.

So either WE 'push' the Mexican government...or the poor people THERE 'push' it....or it's 'business as usual'. Trying to 'shame' them into making changes isn't likely to work.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:36 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I've wished the same thing, for years. But it's pretty obvious by now that the Mexican Government is NOT going to do anything for these folks, unless it's "pushed'...and they're CERTAINLY not going to do anything as long as they can just send their unwanted poor people here....which they are, in effect, doing, by 'turning a blind eye'.

So either WE 'push' the Mexican government...or the poor people THERE 'push' it....or it's 'business as usual'. Trying to 'shame' them into making changes isn't likely to work.
Or, and I think this is more realistic. The people that come to United States from this region, live in the United States they and their children become more educated. Then they return with that knowledge to better their people which will then cause a revolt and force the Mexican government to end their oppression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration