Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 06:07 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,465,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
they stole tools right out of my husbands truck, while he was there. he goes inside to check work, he comes out to find them in the back of his truck unloading tools. At that point he wished he had a gun. They were stealing his lively hood, No respect for us, just their needs.
4 of the 20 million illegals. Generalization. Was he going to shoot them? It's not they, it's a couple.

Last edited by dusesean1986; 12-30-2006 at 06:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2006, 06:10 PM

[quote=;238466]I remember tons of my dad's friends doing construction and making excellent money.

Well, either they were in the elite category that composes of architects, general contractor, and developer...or they were making the big 12 bucks an hour everyone has been raving about

Old 12-30-2006, 06:13 PM

You can't deny the fact that most low level workers are latino and they need to be respected legal or illegal for their contributions...I'm going to let this go, I don't want to start WWIII.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:26 PM

107 posts, read 720,876 times
Why should I respect a deliberate law-breaker? I search far and wide for low bid American workers or naturalized citizens who can comprehend my instructions in English.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;238723
Why should I respect a deliberate law-breaker? I search far and wide for low bid American workers or naturalized citizens who can comprehend my instructions in English.
Don't respect their decision to cross the border illegally, respect them as a person and for their hard work. Where did you head off to from the last forum?

Old 12-30-2006, 06:29 PM

625 posts, read 2,435,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
This is a racial jab.
How so? Pull your head out of MB one of these days--go to Santa Ana, Huntington Park, etc...in many, many cases there ARE in fact two and three FAMILIES to a 2-3 BR house.

How often do you have to listen to say, John and Ken before you get it?

Oh, that's right--no life east of PCH. My bad.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:31 PM

625 posts, read 2,435,441 times
Quote:
This is a racial jab.

Oh, and "white guys don't do construction" isn't? Puh-LEEZ!

Enough with the white liberal guilt already.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
Oh, and "white guys don't do construction" isn't? Puh-LEEZ!

Enough with the white liberal guilt already.
THERE ARE WHITE PEOPLE WHO DO CONSTRUCTION, THE MAJORITY IN THE SOUTHWEST STATES ARE OF HISPANIC ORIGIN! sorry if i didn't make this clear

Old 12-30-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
How so? Pull your head out of MB one of these days--go to Santa Ana, Huntington Park, etc...in many, many cases there ARE in fact two and three FAMILIES to a 2-3 BR house.

How often do you have to listen to say, John and Ken before you get it?

Oh, that's right--no life east of PCH. My bad.
I've been to Watts, seen the deteroiration of SFV AND SGV, worked with a gang member, met numerous illegal immigrants, driven through Compton, worked will all Mexicans...please...don't attack someone's location when you haven't understood their personal experience...John and Ken are why white folks are unfairly labeled racist..and as a white male i don't desire that reputation.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:45 PM

989 posts, read 5,923,606 times
Quote:
they need to be respected legal or illegal for their contributions....
This is not a Latino issue.

This is 2006. This is America. Illegals are too late. They missed the US industrial-age by about a hundred years.

This is an age where anything less than a college diploma here is unacceptable. Our kids know that. Yet, you[dusean1986] still insist on allowing these illegals to keep invading our country. Most jobs will be gone in five years max. (... Globilization).

This simply isn't the American way of life. So if rich CEO's want to pay $8 bucks an hour-so be it! Fine-- Deport all illegal workers, and then deport their cheap CEO, who won't hire Americans, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration