U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2006, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086

Advertisements

Thats because people hire them. Stop hiring them, simple as that, if they cant work they cant stay. Rich people need to do their own laundry and raise their own kids and mowing the grass might be beneficial to those that need some exercise. I have four kids, raised them myself and I do daycare, I do my own yard work and laundry. Stop being lazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2006, 08:28 AM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
Thats because people hire them. Stop hiring them, simple as that, if they cant work they cant stay. Rich people need to do their own laundry and raise their own kids and mowing the grass might be beneficial to those that need some exercise. I have four kids, raised them myself and I do daycare, I do my own yard work and laundry. Stop being lazy.
Why would you send your child to a day care that costs alot of money? You can hire a Latin nanny. Not to mention, the day care won't take the child until they are a certain age. A large reason which seperates the middle from the upper class is double househole incomes. If one parent decides to stay at home, that upper class becomes a middle class. The family begins to lose money. Not to mention, no one wants to go to work and come home to more work in the domestic. I had a Guatemalan nanny, I came out alright, I hope. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 08:55 AM
 
1,398 posts, read 6,018,519 times
Reputation: 1788
Yes it can be stopped. Enforce the extant laws. One doesn't have to hire illegals and other law-breakers. My family has successfully farmed for 150 years without hiring illegals: they hired locals. One forgets that in other parts of the country they don't necessarily give in to this. American Labor should encompass legal immigrants.

Our 90 year old Craftsman farmhouse in the Valley came from a Sears kit, so I'm fairly sure it was made by people who understood English instructions for same. Which brings to mind: we fought for seven years to get a Historical Overlay Preservation Zone for our Valley area, to preserve all the worthy, elaborate older Craftsman housing that people new the country were tearing down automatically to build featureless stucco box houses. We even found financial help for those that couldn't easily afford restoration. So began our education to others that Pasadena is preferrable to Pacoima, housing values-wise.

Dusesean, I'm not so sure your cladistic sorting of upper and middle works in L.A. We have two modest incomes, and that still puts us squarely in lower middle class/moderate to poor because of L.A.'s innately high costs. And I hope your Guatemalan nanny didn't subliminally influence the sort of thinking that equates illegals with legals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Why would you send your child to a day care that costs alot of money? You can hire a Latin nanny. Not to mention, the day care won't take the child until they are a certain age. A large reason which seperates the middle from the upper class is double househole incomes. If one parent decides to stay at home, that upper class becomes a middle class. The family begins to lose money. Not to mention, no one wants to go to work and come home to more work in the domestic. I had a Guatemalan nanny, I came out alright, I hope. lol
I do daycare, I am not latin. Why do you have to hire a latin nanny? I never sent any of my kids to daycare. My husband and I worked it out so we didnt have to. And if I did have to I would send them to a daycare that had educational programs, it is worth the money also my kids schools offer before and after care. I see nothing wrong with being middle class, we do fine, our kids are fine, I go to work and come home and I do the cleaning, dishes and laundry, sorry but that is a fact of life for many middle class folk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
Yes it can be stopped. Enforce the extant laws. One doesn't have to hire illegals and other law-breakers. My family has successfully farmed for 150 years without hiring illegals: they hired locals. One forgets that in other parts of the country they don't necessarily give in to this. American Labor should encompass legal immigrants.

Our 90 year old Craftsman farmhouse in the Valley came from a Sears kit, so I'm fairly sure it was made by people who understood English instructions for same. Which brings to mind: we fought for seven years to get a Historical Overlay Preservation Zone for our Valley area, to preserve all the worthy, elaborate older Craftsman housing that people new the country were tearing down automatically to build featureless stucco box houses. We even found financial help for those that couldn't easily afford restoration. So began our education to others that Pasadena is preferrable to Pacoima, housing values-wise.

Dusesean, I'm not so sure your cladistic sorting of upper and middle works in L.A. We have two modest incomes, and that still puts us squarely in lower middle class/moderate to poor because of L.A.'s innately high costs. And I hope your Guatemalan nanny didn't subliminally influence the sort of thinking that equates illegals with legals!


Good for you for preserving those old homes, many dont see the value in them, me I prefer them. They are made from true craftsmen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 09:20 AM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Reputation: 330
You do remember you were referring to rich folks?

Last edited by dusesean1986; 12-31-2006 at 09:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
You do remember you were referring to rich folks? Not a personal experience
What does it matter if they are rich? They are not any more holy than I am, what being rich means you dont have to do laundry, something us poor folk do? To me it just means they like to wave their money around and be lazy. And if they are rich they can afford the good educational programs, it isnt an excuse to hire illegals to raise their kids. I know plenty of american citizens to do the work, oh but what fun would that be, we would'nt allow ourselves to be severely underpaid and used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 09:46 AM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
What does it matter if they are rich? They are not any more holy than I am, what being rich means you dont have to do laundry, something us poor folk do? To me it just means they like to wave their money around and be lazy. And if they are rich they can afford the good educational programs, it isnt an excuse to hire illegals to raise their kids. I know plenty of american citizens to do the work, oh but what fun would that be, we would'nt allow ourselves to be severely underpaid and used.
A few quotes ago, you gave a primary reference to rich folks. I gave my opinion, but you did not respond with this counter argument. You stated you personal experience, but not what rich folks encounter. I'm sure they get a real thrill hiring poor illegal immigrants. That sounds like a blast. lol. There aren't always educational programs for very young children. "Wave their money around," yep that's right, they flaunt their low wages to the illegal immigrants. What does this statement have to do with the debate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
A few quotes ago, you gave a primary reference to rich folks. I gave my opinion, but you did not respond with this counter argument. You stated you personal experience, but not what rich folks encounter. I'm sure they get a real thrill hiring poor illegal immigrants. That sounds like a blast. lol. There aren't always educational programs for very young children. "Wave their money around," yep that's right, they flaunt their low wages to the illegal immigrants. What does this statement have to do with the debate?

"To me it just means they like to wave their money around and be lazy."
Where did you get low wages out of that statement? We are talking rich people. Rich people do flaunt their money around and then many choose to not pay a real livable wage to illegals they have choices they do not have to hire illegals, geez I have managed to avoid it.. THERE ARE PLENTY OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS FOR LITTLE KIDS, lord that was a unknowing comment. Look in the phone book, watch TV, there are so many programs it is stunning and yes if your rich you can most likely afford it. Schools offer after school programs. I know I have 4 kids, I have done my research. And the fact that you think it is OK that people keep exploiting these people you care so much is appaling. It just lets the rich CEO's get even richer. If they had to hire citizens and pay real liveable wages and provide some benefits, there 60 million ( I know it is a little low)a year check would be alot less. People need to wake up.

Last edited by Nea1; 12-31-2006 at 10:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2006, 09:56 AM
 
989 posts, read 5,325,289 times
Reputation: 834
How can you guys say... "What would we do without them?"

Here's what we'd do:
We'd pay for TWO Iraq wars.
We'd fund the $540 billion Medicare program for over a year.
We'd significantly help our own[Americas] poor.
We'd have in cash TWICE of what Bill Gates' is worth.


As reported on CNN, by Lou Dobbs, Illegal Immigration is costing us ATLEAST 70 billion dollars per year.

How can you possibly tell me, "What would we do without them?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top