Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 07:19 PM

989 posts, read 5,923,606 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigrant, Oscar Gallegos, was pulled over last week on Sixth St. in Long Beach after running a red light. As he was pulled over, he shot and critically injured the two police behind him. The two officers are wounded and in the hospital.

Now may I add, Mr. Oscar Gallegos has been deported three times! The last time was by the INS in 1998. He has a very detailed criminal record in the U.S. How do we allow these thugs to come right back in?

Yesterday, in Santa Ana after a shootout with police they pronounced him dead.

http://ocregister.com/ocregister/hom...le_1400281.php

Last edited by newportbeachsmostwanted; 12-28-2006 at 08:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2006, 01:35 AM

61 posts, read 579,258 times
Is it suddenly becoming fashionable to talk negatively of illegal immigrants at every possible opportunity? Do you realize how many heinous crimes are committed every day by people who legally live in this country?

You may be interested to know that without these illegal immigrants, the economy would suffer tremendously. The mayor of New York City once said that his city's economy would collapse without them. They do all kinds of work we would never do ourselves. Would you like to pick strawberries for 12+ hours per day? I did not think so.

You may also be interested in knowing that the crime rate in Mexico is lower then that of the United States, as you can see for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Mexico
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_tot_cri_percap-crime-total-crimes-per-capita (broken link)

I am not Mexican, or even an immigrant for that matter, but all this absurd hatred against illegal immigrants is quickly becoming ridiculous.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:19 AM

smu-No need for a hot head. Deported criminals are coming back multiple times. This is not necessary. We need more money for the border-it's that simple.

When you say illegal immigrants do more good than bad, consider this.. Ted Kennedy[Democrat, pro amnesty] believes that at least one in five illegals will not qualify for amnesty due to a US criminal record. Consider that the average illegal immigrant consumes $55,000 of taxpayer's money in their life time. That's a lot considering that illegals don't pay any income taxes! Consider that, in Arizona, illegals cost the state over $1 billion/year[AZ Republic]. They drain more money from the system then they put in. Policitians don't want to lose the Hispanic vote, and business contributions.- so they NEVER mention the numbers.

If illegals weren't working here, Americans would be doing their jobs and making MORE money. Lower wages= LOWERING our quality of life. If a business can't afford to employ Americans, they shouldn't be in the United States. Isn't that common sense?

These scumbag employers offering lowpaying jobs should be outsourced. Help the real poor, instead we're having these people climb our borders, risk their lives, and degrade our lives.

Most low-skill jobs will be outsourced in the next 5-10 years. By the time we will be paying an arm and a leg for the welfare and medicare of 12 million illegals.

As for crime "being lower in Mexico".. Not once. Never.. have I felt safer there. Mexico has currupt politicians, currupt cops, and a currupt judicial system. The comparison of crime rates is not legit. As stated in your wiki article-of Mexico's largest problems is crime.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:03 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
The cost of illegals far out ways any benifit to us, the contractors benifit by paying low wages and no benifits which takes a job that used to pay well turning it into a low wage job, the illegals can work for low wage because they live three families to a house, they are taking advantage of our system and ruining our country. If our government does not step up and enforce the laws we already have we are lost and i believe we are already there.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:15 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,465,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
The cost of illegals far out ways any benifit to us, the contractors benifit by paying low wages and no benifits which takes a job that used to pay well turning it into a low wage job, the illegals can work for low wage because they live three families to a house, they are taking advantage of our system and ruining our country. If our government does not step up and enforce the laws we already have we are lost and i believe we are already there.
Without the illegals, there would be a massive job shortage. For example, Construction. I live in California, white dudes don't do Construction, it's physically very difficult.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Without the illegals, there would be a massive job shortage. For example, Construction. I live in California, white dudes don't do Construction, it's physically very difficult.
"White dudes" do construction in over half the states; Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wyoming, Wisconsin, Kansas, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine... The list goes on.

Old 12-30-2006, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
"White dudes" do construction in over half the states; Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wyoming, Wisconsin, Kansas, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine... The list goes on.
Si, Amigo...High housing costs in California causes el Gringo not to take low Construction Costs...If so, he will be in the barrio con mi! The states mentioned don't have a high Latino population. A major plus for illegal immigrants towards Construction, is no social security number and appllication needed. Not only that, but White folks have many more opportunites to take better jobs in California, where there are more jobs than other states. This comprehendes to white folks not desiring back-breaking work Construction, when there's much better work. I did it for a week, and was extremely sore everyday. Comprende Amigo.

Old 12-30-2006, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Si, Amigo...High housing costs in California causes el Gringo not to take low Construction Costs...If so, he will be in the barrio con mi! The states mentioned don't have a high Latino population. A major plus for illegal immigrants towards Construction, is no social security number and appllication needed. Not only that, but White folks have many more opportunites to take better jobs in California, where there are more jobs than other states. This comprehendes to white folks not desiring back-breaking work Construction, when there's much better work. I did it for a week, and was extremely sore everyday. Comprende Amigo.
No comprede..
Housing construction is one of the most lucrative industries in California. It is making the rich business owners richer off of low paying illegal jobs. Owners should be paying higher wages, but they aren't. Owners are getting richer by paying very low wages to illegal Latinos.

These lower wages will widen the gap between the rich and the poor. -It already has.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-op-kotkin3dec03,1,318844.story?coll=la%20news-comment (broken link)

Old 12-30-2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
No comprede..
Housing construction is one of the most lucrative industries in California. It is making the rich business owners richer off of low paying illegal jobs. Owners should be paying higher wages, but they aren't. They are getting richer by paying very low wages to illegal Latinos.

These lower wages will widen the gap between the rich and the poor. -It already has.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-op-kotkin3dec03,1,318844.story?coll=la%20news-comment (broken link)
I'm talking about white construction workers, not architects or general contractors making lots of money.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:17 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
White dudes used to do construction until the builders figured out they can pay the illegals $7.00 per hour cash instead of $15.00 to $20.00 per hour, the builders layed off thier higher paid employees and hired cheap illegal labor in which there is a law agianst but is seldom inforced, I had a few cousins who were forces out because of thier wages and were left the option to work for 1/3rd of what they were making or go into a new line of work. I hired two seperate contractors this year and none of thier workers could speek english, the forman was the only one I could speek to and that is a bunch of B.S.
I don't have a problem if they come here legally and pay taxes and I don't blame the illegals for wanting to come here I just think it is ruining our state and country. It all comes down to the greed of the buisnesses who hire illegals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration