Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 06:52 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post

This is 2006. This is America. Illegals are too late. They missed the US industrial-age by about a hundred years.

They were called up from Mexico during WWII, but then many were turned away because the men came back looking for jobs. Not to mention the job discriminiation showed towards Mexican-Americans during the Great Depression. Well, if they missed the industrial age, so does everyone else who comes here. For example, that would consists of most Asians, since most of came here betwen 65 and 85.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2006, 06:52 PM

777 posts, read 3,197,650 times
Not only do white guys do construction in WY, MT, ID, CO, but they are doing it in much harsher weather conditions.
Used to be construction was a job, that a high school educated person could make a good living at. Almost equal to white collar wages (better in some cases)

Old 12-30-2006, 06:55 PM

625 posts, read 2,436,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
THERE ARE WHITE PEOPLE WHO DO CONSTRUCTION, THE MAJORITY IN THE SOUTHWEST STATES ARE OF HISPANIC ORIGIN! sorry if i didn't make this clear
Depends on the type of construction as well. Lemme put it to you this way--no way in hell I'd trust some underpaid illegal to be hanging steel 150 feet up.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I've been to Watts, seen the deteroiration of SFV AND SGV, worked with a gang member, met numerous illegal immigrants, driven through Compton, worked will all Mexicans...please...don't attack someone's location when you haven't understood their personal experience...John and Ken are why white folks are unfairly labeled racist..and as a white male i don't desire that reputation.
Oh, jeez...all you were missing in that post was, "and some of my best friends are illegals!"

Spare me the "I touched the untouchables and feel oh-so-much holier than thou for it" garbage. It ain't flyin here.

Get over yourself and quit trying to give away what isn't yours.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:58 PM

[quote=;238784]Not only do white guys do construction in WY, MT, ID, CO, but they are doing it in much harsher weather conditions.
QUOTE]

Think about it.

1. There's less construction opportunities in these states for latinos in response to the lower on average population levels. More population equals greater jobs.

2. These states are farther to travel than more southern border states, not to mention it's not their type of climate.

3. White guys do Construction, I'm sorry if I had said this and offended anyone, I'm very proud of those who do, but they are hardly a sizable minority in comparison to the illegal workers.

4. I know the Inland Empire is loaded with illegal Construction workers.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:59 PM

[quote=dusesean1986;238795]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;238784
Not only do white guys do construction in WY, MT, ID, CO, but they are doing it in much harsher weather conditions.
QUOTE]

Think about it.

1. There's less construction opportunities in these states for latinos in response to the lower on average population levels. More population equals greater jobs.

2. These states are farther to travel than more southern border states, not to mention it's not their type of climate.

3. White guys do Construction, I'm sorry if I had said this and offended anyone, I'm very proud of those who do, but they are hardly a sizable minority in comparison to the illegal workers.

4. I know the Inland Empire is loaded with illegal Construction workers.
Thereby demonstrating you have absolutely NO CLUE as to what you're talking about. Power plants, loadouts, HEAVY construction--or do just McMansions count in your little world?

"Not their type of climate"? Bit racial, don't you think?

Hypocrite.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
Oh, jeez...all you were missing in that post was, "and some of my best friends are illegals!"

Spare me the "I touched the untouchables and feel oh-so-much holier than thou for it" garbage. It ain't flyin here.

Get over yourself and quit trying to give away what isn't yours.
You questioned the integrity of my location, and now you are ridiculing my experiences as garbage with no valid evidence. I'm sorry if you are offended in anyway.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:02 PM

Quote:
You questioned the integrity of my location, and now you are ridiculing my experiences as garbage with no valid evidence. I'm sorry if you are offended in anyway.

You're sorry alright. Try not to look so far down your nose next time you lecture us little folk from your perch overlooking Highland Street, won't you? Yeah, I know your neighborhood too. Pretentious pompus jackasses more about the "me me me" than anything else--fake concern and sincerity so you'd be more "accepted" at your little hug-and-kiss bar-b-ques.

**** you make me wanna puke.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:02 PM

[quote=OCCASparky;238798]
Quote:
Thereby demonstrating you have absolutely NO CLUE as to what you're talking about. Power plants, loadouts, HEAVY construction--or do just McMansions count in your little world?
"Not their type of climate"? Bit racial, don't you think?
Hypocrite.
I can't stop laughing.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:05 PM

Sparky everyone has been a respectful and friendly to debate with, but you need to chill out dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration