Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:06 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times

Advertisements

And if they are so humble why are they showing out this way. A humble person readily accepts the consequences of breaking the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 03:33 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As a black American, I am definitely offended by the attempts of the illegal aliens and their exploiters to dare to compare their illegal presence in this country with the legitimate ‘rights’ of black Americans. I am even more offended by the actions of some so-called black leaders who endorse this travesty for personal gain.
Sadly, Benicar we've been totally sold out by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Martin Luther King Jr. would be in tears to see how Sharpton/Jackson embraces them illegals.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Sadly, Benicar we've been totally sold out by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Martin Luther King Jr. would be in tears to see how Sharpton/Jackson embraces them illegals.
I have my own opinion of 'Brothers' Jesse and Al............and, it ain't nice.

Suffice to say: I think those two hate it seeing American Black people lifting themselves up from poverty, discrimination, etc.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:46 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
You are both right on the money! I cringe each time I see them.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:03 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Why? My impression of MLK was that he was a compassionate man who was very passionate on equality amongst races.

I would think he would be more concerned with the progress of Black people, than something like keeping down foreign immigrants.

I would think he'd be more concerned with the civil rights movement losing steam, rather than focusing on keeping out people of color so America stays...traditional, which isn't necessarily a good thing for Black Americans.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Why? My impression of MLK was that he was a compassionate man who was very passionate on equality amongst races.

I would think he would be more concerned with the progress of Black people, than something like keeping down foreign immigrants.

I would think he'd be more concerned with the civil rights movement losing steam, rather than focusing on keeping out people of color so America stays...traditional, which isn't necessarily a good thing for Black Americans.
Why are you unwilling to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants?

Legal immigrants are just that, legal

Illegal immigrants are nothing more than lawbreakers.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:31 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Why are you unwilling to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants?

Legal immigrants are just that, legal

Illegal immigrants are nothing more than lawbreakers.
A lot of the protesting has to with pushing ways to make illegal immigrants legal.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
A lot of the protesting has to with pushing ways to make illegal immigrants legal.
The PR damage has been done by their foolish protests: former fencesitters like myself have landed solidly in the anti illegal immigrant group courtesy of the above.

The party is over: now it is time to do the 'housecleaning'.

Memo to Mexico et al: we may be quite willing to give you our hardcore violent criminals (neutered, of course) in exchange for us keeping an equal number of those illegals who stayed 'clean'

Old 05-09-2008, 07:13 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
My friend, Ted Hayes, has been protesting this very thing in Lost Angeles for years. Finally, many in the Black community are finally waking up to the fact that much of the illegal alien movement is attempting to ride into legal status on the back of THEIR Civil Rights Movement.

Yes, Martin Luther King was a compassionate man. However, I hardly think his compassion would extend to those in this country in violation of U.S. law who are attempting to hijack the very movement for which he gave his life.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:17 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
My friend, Ted Hayes, has been protesting this very thing in Lost Angeles for years. Finally, many in the Black community are finally waking up to the fact that much of the illegal alien movement is attempting to ride into legal status on the back of THEIR Civil Rights Movement.

Yes, Martin Luther King was a compassionate man. However, I hardly think his compassion would extend to those who are attempting to hijack the very movement for which he gave his life.

Ted Hayes is awesome and I have so much respect for what he has done not only for the homeless and downtrodden but also for his stance against the illegal alien invasion. Such a brilliant, peaceful and caring man whom I really admire.

Nicolem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration