U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:29 AM

273 posts, read 188,292 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else see how the efforts of civil rights activists 30-40 years ago are being stolen and abused by undocumented immigrants?

These gains in human rights were made possible through the countless blood, sweat and tears of brave and herioc Americans.

Now it seems the laws are all applied to the millions of illegals squatting on our land, instead of those Americans who they where made for.

Can we shed some light on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 07:15 AM

21,148 posts, read 37,384,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
Does anyone else see how the efforts of civil rights activists 30-40 years ago are being stolen and abused by undocumented immigrants?

These gains in human rights were made possible through the countless blood, sweat and tears of brave and herioc Americans.

Now it seems the laws are all applied to the millions of illegals squatting on our land, instead of those Americans who they where made for.

I have noticed that as well.

As a side note: public opinion is turning against the illegals and their enablers as well.

Envision a video of the Civil Rights Movement of 2 generations ago being played in reverse.

As I have commented on in the past: I am very concerned about any American/green card holder who looks stereotypically 'Hispanic' (of any race/ethnicity) being assaulted or killed if said individual was indeed law abiding.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:39 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,918,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have noticed that as well.

As a side note: public opinion is turning against the illegals and their enablers as well.

Envision a video of the Civil Rights Movement of 2 generations ago being played in reverse.

As I have commented on in the past: I am very concerned about any American/green card holder who looks stereotypically 'Hispanic' (of any race/ethnicity) being assaulted or killed if said individual was indeed law abiding.
Assaulted or killed for what and by whom?

Old 05-08-2008, 08:04 AM

21,148 posts, read 37,384,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Assaulted or killed for what and by whom?
Idiots of any race/ethnicity:

Be they White supremacists who do not like people with brown skin, Blacks fools who do not like brown skinned people who are not AA's as well as MEChA type Latinos who again perceive the same 'brown' people as race traitors.

Never mind that said 'brown' people can be of any race or ethnicity themselves.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:00 AM

1,861 posts, read 3,018,753 times
Quote:

Yes, here we have ILLEGAL people who aren't even supposed to BE in the country asking for "rights" and saying it is like the black movement back in the 60's. Who are they kidding? They aren't even citizens!

We don't have any history with them - they can't be a "minority" unless they actually are citizens! At this point, they're just interlopers. And, they are actually the majority of interlopers.

Last edited by cousinsal; 05-08-2008 at 09:10 AM..

Old 05-08-2008, 09:22 AM

9,370 posts, read 26,531,958 times
Quote:

Excellent observation, Pablo

Illegals and their enablers are nothing but arrogant and obnoxious "freeloaders" demanding and taking advantage of the rights and benefits earned and designed for the citizens of this country.

Bottom line . . . Illegals expect and demand respect prior to contributing.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:37 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,901,690 times
To me. one of the most MADDENING side effects of the whole mess we're in, is knowing beyond a doubt, that some day, somehow, we're going to see that illegal immigration MUST stop, whether we like it or not, because it has simply become unsupportable. And at that time, I can easily imagine some politician telling us that "We're ALL going to have to 'tighten things up' (i.e., give up a few of our civil rights), because 'WE'VE' gotten ourselves into a mess (i.e., allowed illegal immigration to get totally out of control), so now, 'WE' are going to have to take stern measures to get things back UNDER control".

And we'll probably go along with it...since, by then, there will be little alternative...and we'll all be moaning and groaning that "we SHOULD have done something about this earlier"....and complaing that "nobody knew it would get this bad". That message may be the bitterest "pill" of all.

Once again, another example of mankind's unique ability to FORESEE his own future, but apparently unable, or unwilling, to do anything about it. I do know one thing for sure...when it DOES happen, and the doors are finally shut, we'll all suffer the loss of certain freedoms....and those FUTURE illegals, who are thus "shut out", will be at LEAST as angry and resentful as they'd have been, had we 'done something' 20 years ago. That's life, I guess...

Old 05-08-2008, 10:19 AM

15,179 posts, read 16,207,330 times
As a black American, I am definitely offended by the attempts of the illegal aliens and their exploiters to dare to compare their illegal presence in this country with the legitimate ‘rights’ of black Americans. I am even more offended by the actions of some so-called black leaders who endorse this travesty for personal gain.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:36 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,336,291 times
Yes this sickens me. I have read and watched where they compare themselves to Rosa Parks and others from the civil rights movement. It is absolutely disgusting. They are lawbreakers and nothing more. The only thing they "deserve" is a one-way ticket back to their home country.

Nicolem

Old 05-08-2008, 01:15 PM

9,370 posts, read 26,531,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As a black American, I am definitely offended by the attempts of the illegal aliens and their exploiters to dare to compare their illegal presence in this country with the legitimate ‘rights’ of black Americans. I am even more offended by the actions of some so-called black leaders who endorse this travesty for personal gain.
I could not agree more, Benicar

It is shocking to witness the Black Leaders "pandering" to the Illegals and their enablers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or