Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 02:44 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Border Patrol agents who are mocking President Joe Biden's immigration policies are reportedly considering early retirement as migrants flood the southern border in unprecedented numbers. The administration has frustrated on-site personnel with policy changes, including a ban on the use of the phrases "illegal alien," "alien," and "assimilation," the Washington Examiner previously confirmed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bo...2l5?li=BBnb7Kz

Pretty soon we will have no protection at our borders nor any protection internally as Biden and the Democrats refuse to let the Border Patrol and LE do their jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 04:46 PM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
yea isn't early retirement just retirement?

Old 05-14-2021, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
yea isn't early retirement just retirement?
Most people don't retire early because of financial reasons though. I don't blame some of these Border Patrol personnel for wanting to quit. Biden has tied their hands from doing their job and they are being overwhelmed with illegal aliens. One can only take so much and they are being stressed to the limit. I'm sure they'll find other jobs where they are allowed to do the jobs that they are being paid for and with far less danger.

A lot of danger on the border with the drug runners, criminals, etc. that are also trying to enter our country. I admire them and other LE officers who put their lives on the line to protect us but I also understand the burn out they must feel and the frustration of the jobs that they do. Nothing hateful should be said about them for wanting a peaceful life for themselves and their families by saying "enough is enough".

Old 05-14-2021, 07:32 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,602,134 times
They certainly have the right to express concerns about their job and offer constructive feedback about problems they're running into based on policy set by their superiors, but as paramilitary federal law enforcement, they should also know to respect the chain of command. They're free to have their own criticism over the President all they want as private citizens, but not when they're doing it in an official capacity.

If they're unable to do that and to the point of mocking their boss, calling him "Let 'Em Go Joe", then perhaps it is time for them to step aside before someone else makes that decision for them.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:08 PM

4,898 posts, read 2,052,348 times
Biden’s and Biden’s policies alone are destroying any and all immigration enforcement, both on the border and in the interior, the country will be screwed. You already have illegal gang members running amuck in California and it’s the average person, that’s feeling the effects of all the lawlessness that’s now going on.

And it’s only ongoing to get worse as it spreads across the country and affect all or most of our communities.

As for people who are saying fine, let them retire... You have no ideal how hard it is to train a Border Patrol Agent, let alone fine somebody willing to do that job and has all the qualifications. Trust me, the Immigration Officer’s Academy is more difficult than most Police Academies... Heck, numerous police departments can’t find enough recruits to be cops in cities. They finding people who what to work in one of the many isolated locations on the southern border.

“I” don’t blame these BP agents wanting to retire since all the political BS sucks the life out of you and if there is no end in sight, why suffer.

Old 05-15-2021, 04:57 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Maybe Biden will replace them with illegal aliens.

Old 05-15-2021, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Biden’s and Biden’s policies alone are destroying any and all immigration enforcement, both on the border and in the interior, the country will be screwed. You already have illegal gang members running amuck in California and it’s the average person, that’s feeling the effects of all the lawlessness that’s now going on.

And it’s only ongoing to get worse as it spreads across the country and affect all or most of our communities.

As for people who are saying fine, let them retire... You have no ideal how hard it is to train a Border Patrol Agent, let alone fine somebody willing to do that job and has all the qualifications. Trust me, the Immigration Officer’s Academy is more difficult than most Police Academies... Heck, numerous police departments can’t find enough recruits to be cops in cities. They finding people who what to work in one of the many isolated locations on the southern border.

“I” don’t blame these BP agents wanting to retire since all the political BS sucks the life out of you and if there is no end in sight, why suffer.
Thank you, my sentiments exactly. It is disgusting how these pro-illegals vilified our Border Patrol for wanting to quit when it is hard enough to do a job like that without our own president tying their hands and spitting on our immigration laws and the enforcement of them. If I were in their shoes I would throw up my hands and say "what's the point" also.

Old 05-15-2021, 06:35 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
What is going on in this country? We have groups like BLM and politicians actively calling for the disbanding and defunding of Police, well the politicians were saying that until they realized it wasn't polling well... but the sentiment remains.

The Police are frustrated that their "bosses" do not have their backs and thanks to a hostile media the job is becoming increasingly dangerous. Now this is happening at the border too.

I can't imagine trying to work a job that was once deemed important and noble career just to have the bosses undermine and tie my hands.

No wonder why Police and Border Agents are leaving.

Who will fill those important jobs? Counselors?

The Democrats really hate America.

Old 05-15-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is going on in this country? We have groups like BLM and politicians actively calling for the disbanding and defunding of Police, well the politicians were saying that until they realized it wasn't polling well... but the sentiment remains.

The Police are frustrated that their "bosses" do not have their backs and thanks to a hostile media the job is becoming increasingly dangerous. Now this is happening at the border too.

I can't imagine trying to work a job that was once deemed important and noble career just to have the bosses undermine and tie my hands.

No wonder why Police and Border Agents are leaving.

Who will fill those important jobs? Counselors?

The Democrats really hate America.
It's not America that they hate but the sane, law abiding, traditional Americans that they hate whom are mostly white. They want to transform our country into a third world cesspool where there are only two classes, the rich and the poor slaves. They hate our history which wasn't always great but it is still our history and they want to destroy that to.

Many embrace far left, so-called progressive ideals to and want us to embrace these unhealthy and ridiculous notions which breaks down families. They want a constant flow of illegal aliens and bogus asylum seekers that will destroy the middle class by taxing them out of existence supporting them. The list goes on and on of their nefarious intents all under the guise of being compassionate to these invaders while they have no compassion for our own people. Their thirst for power, cheap labor and votes is never ending. What's going on at the border right now is part of their ploy to destroy us. I'm glad I won't be around to see them finally accomplish their goals but I fear for my kids and grandkid's futures.

Old 05-15-2021, 03:42 PM

45,329 posts, read 60,500,026 times
https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2021/05/...fficking-case/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration