Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you let immigrate to Eden?
Dystopia citizens 0 0%
Genocide Island citizens 9 100.00%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:24 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times

Advertisements

To expand a bit on another poll, if you were country Eden who would you welcome in? Before given your choices, it must be recognized that Eden is having a recession, jobs (especially blue collar ones) are getting scarce, the economy is stretched to the breaking point, the Edendollar is falling, and many hospitals are even going under due to people not paying/being unable to pay for services rendered. However, Eden is a country that appreciates immigration. Still, there is only a limited amount of people that can be let in without causing suffering for the citizens of Eden.
Here are your choices:

Citizens of Dystopia ---- they are peasants, uneducated, untrained and with a high birthrate (due to religion or culture, it doesn't really matter). They do work hard in Eden but they drive labor prices down by being paid under the table. They cling to their Dystopian ways, and pride in Dystopia country. They wish to leave Dystopia for the economic and social benefits afforded to them in Eden.

OR

Citizens of Genocide Island ---- they are also peasants, very often having lived their lives in grass huts. They are farmers with no proper education or modern day training. Their birthrate is not overly much, but sometimes they take multiple wives. However, once in Eden they promptly learn Edenese, get into job training programs and encourage their children to be good and law abiding citizens of Eden. They are fleeing their country due to genocide, rape as a form of warfare, and the tendency of the rebels to kidnap children and force them to be deadly soldiers.

So, who would you let in and why?

Last edited by madicarus2000; 05-13-2008 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: Changed name of "make believe" country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 03:34 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
It's a no-brainer for me. I would accept the citizens of Genocide Island. They are truly in need; not simply looking for laws to manipulate, and government freebies.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:40 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
I'm totally opposed to immigration. I don't care WHY someone wants to leave the place they were born in.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:42 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm totally opposed to immigration. I don't care WHY someone wants to leave the place they were born in.
Same reason people move out of small towns to big cities in America all the time: better opportunities.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:43 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Same reason people move out of small towns to big cities in America all the time: better opportunities.
That didn't really address the subject of this thread.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:44 PM

This question is too stupid to answer. Its a weak attempt at a metaphor of his/her opinion on two different immigrant groups.
Like even Arizona Bear said before, the immigrants coming from much farther away tend to have it easier, because they are not exactly the lowest level of people from their countries.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:45 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Make your own opportunities.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That didn't really address the subject of this thread.
what? Tkramars post? Because I was replying to his quote.
Which is why there is a quote from him above my post.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Make your own opportunities.
Pretty much. They do it by risking their life to go to the United States. There's more opportunities offered to them there by way menial labor, whether you like it or not.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:51 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
This question is too stupid to answer. Its a weak attempt at a metaphor of his/her opinion on two different immigrant groups.
Like even Arizona Bear said before, the immigrants coming from much farther away tend to have it easier, because they are not exactly the lowest level of people from their countries.
Unlike the previous poll? Perhaps that was a strong metaphor for his/her own opinions

The Sudanese are not what I would call the 'creme' of society. They literally are coming from a place that has no indoor plumbing. Their lives are as different from ours as could be. Yet, they adjust and assimiliate and have pride in their adoptive homeland.

The Dystopians who enter illegally rarely do.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 05-13-2008 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: named changed of "make believe" country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration