U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 02:48 AM

35 posts, read 72,918 times

Advertisements

and what's wrong with someone if they want to live in a predominantly white city??? blacks can choose to live in an all black area and they don't get lambasted for it/.i prefer living in a mostly white community cause i'm white,NOT because i hate minorities.i'm comfortable living where i do and i'm not a racist -i like living where i'm comfortable.i didn't grow up hanging in a mixed crowd and it's just that simple.unlike today's 20 somethings ,alot of people didn't grow up hanging out with people of other races and don't feel the comfort level with it that many today feel.it doesn't mean they're racist.and contrary to what one poster said,you CAN get away from latinos (or people from any race)almost completely if you really want to.each city has it's own demographics stated on it's home page.many cities have a very low percentage of minorities and you find many that have a low percentage of whites.it's a geographical thing./but preference is preference,from where one desires to live to who'm one desires to date or not to date.some people just can't handle preference though, always spouting off that preference is nothing more than discrimination.people who argue that preference is racism remind me of those people that won't say anything if they overhear someone claim they won't date skinny people--they won't say anything..but if they overhear someone claim they don't date fat people they come unglued..they pick and choose their arguments/.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:39 PM

457 posts, read 474,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunya_ View Post
I'm sick and tired of this country being given over to the illegals.... tired of everybody, including, and especially the government, catering to them and their their annoying language... tired of listening to piped in radio stations at the stores IN SPANISH!!! Makes me wonder what country I'm living in! Anyone know a place in the US where people speak English?
Are you trying to find a JOB and don't speak Spanish, is that why? Because in that case, you'd probably be out of luck bloody much EVERYWHERE. Even CANADA'S cities.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:41 PM

457 posts, read 474,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTEEL View Post
and what's wrong with someone if they want to live in a predominantly white city??? blacks can choose to live in an all black area and they don't get lambasted for it/.i prefer living in a mostly white community cause i'm white,NOT because i hate minorities.i'm comfortable living where i do and i'm not a racist -i like living where i'm comfortable.i didn't grow up hanging in a mixed crowd and it's just that simple.unlike today's 20 somethings ,alot of people didn't grow up hanging out with people of other races and don't feel the comfort level with it that many today feel.it doesn't mean they're racist.and contrary to what one poster said,you CAN get away from latinos (or people from any race)almost completely if you really want to.each city has it's own demographics stated on it's home page.many cities have a very low percentage of minorities and you find many that have a low percentage of whites.it's a geographical thing./but preference is preference,from where one desires to live to who'm one desires to date or not to date.some people just can't handle preference though, always spouting off that preference is nothing more than discrimination.people who argue that preference is racism remind me of those people that won't say anything if they overhear someone claim they won't date skinny people--they won't say anything..but if they overhear someone claim they don't date fat people they come unglued..they pick and choose their arguments/.
No, it IS racist that you SEE skin colour first.....and education, socio-economic status, upbringing, way of life, what, second? Last? Not at all??

Old 05-23-2015, 08:26 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1969 View Post
Are you trying to find a JOB and don't speak Spanish, is that why? Because in that case, you'd probably be out of luck bloody much EVERYWHERE. Even CANADA'S cities.
What's with the thumbs up? Is it supposed to mean that we and the Canadians should learn Spanish to work in our own countries?

Old 05-23-2015, 09:26 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
You got it backwards: if a legal alien doesn't speak English, that's his problem, not mine. I DON'T care about illegal aliens except I want their kind; Hispanic or NOT Hispanic, GONE out of the US. Too; word is Canada doesn't play real well with illegals, even US citizens.

Old 05-24-2015, 02:05 AM

8,834 posts, read 8,963,022 times
Quote:
No, it IS racist that you SEE skin colour first.....and education, socio-economic status, upbringing, way of life, what, second? Last? Not at all??
I'd say it's racist of organizations such as The National Council of La Raza to see their raza first.

“The united Race will never be defeated!” -NCLR Slogan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or