U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 11:56 AM

504 posts, read 1,619,132 times

Advertisements

Go ahead and keep reporting and looking like an idiot, the Constitution guarantees thier place in the school system, remember learning about equal protection under the law when you went to school, you would rather have these children denied so they could not get educated at all and you would support them later because they had no education and don't forget those that are born here are citizens. You would deport them in railroad cars? You would deny basic human rights because they are not citizens? May-be you think that the Foreign language will rub off, or your child might bring one home. We have a problem one that will not be solved by denying children an education or basic human rights.
Everytime an immigrant buys something they pay taxes, and many times with fake ids they pay into social security and IRS. Granted not enough but I know a lot of people here that don't pay what they use either.

Last edited by alexander59; 01-08-2007 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: Added more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 06:37 PM

483 posts, read 1,746,559 times
Default Taxes

Illegal aliens are not paying taxes to support the school

You could say the same thing about homeless people. Schools are funded primarily through property taxes, and renters support schools through their landlord's property taxes.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:00 PM

431 posts, read 292,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatless Wonder View Post
Illegal aliens are not paying taxes to support the school

You could say the same thing about homeless people. Schools are funded primarily through property taxes, and renters support schools through their landlord's property taxes.

And what's the ratio of homeless students vs illegal students?? 1 homeless student to every 10,000 illegals???

That's too broad of a comparison to be taken seriously.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:02 PM

2,314 posts, read 1,998,549 times
We should take care of our own. Support the people that need the break. not the ones doing the breaking.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,431 times
Absolutely, the Local schools and State Boards of Edcuation should report illegal immigrants cross the country. El Paso is awful, as the cost of living maybe inexpensive (purchasing property) property taxes are outrageous. Of course the elevated taxes are to offset the cost of illegals migrating across our borders for a free education. They come for school and go home. Futhermore, they come across the border racing through housing developments to take their children to school and repeat the same to pick them up. More is to be said about the legal (residents) family members of El Paso, as many of them encourage the illegal behaviors of the family members that transport their children across the border to attend U.S. schools.

Every legal resident/citizen of the U.S. should complain and contact their congressmen/senators, regarding this issue. It effects every taxpayer in some form. If not the education system, it will be the healthcare system. Many hosptials will provide care for illegals, to include charity visits for HomeHealth Care upon discharge. You ask how does this affect me. Thanks for asking. It increases insurance premimums, co-payments and decreases the amount most insurance will reimburse hospitals etc. Simply because the hospital must recoup cost some how.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:17 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,036,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by english_teacher View Post
The public schools in Texas (and Colorado and probably lots of other states) are not required to report the presence of illegal aliens registered in their schools. Wouldn't it serve the best interests of American citizens to require public schools to start reporting illegal aliens rather than aiding and abetting criminal activity?
Report them It's the right thing to do.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:24 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Report them It's the right thing to do.
Why would you report them? Yeah, they are here illegally and it's definently wrong, but aside from that why would you waste your time doing something so meaningless? Why does deporting poor migrant families without papers constitute as patriotic? Why don't you receive information on people who commit real crimes? There was a girl at my old work who told me her friend and husband reproduced movies, I was going to contact the U.S. Marshalls, but left before I could have details.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 PM

340 posts, read 669,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Why would you report them? Yeah, they are here illegally and it's definently wrong, but aside from that why would you waste your time doing something so meaningless? Why does deporting poor migrant families without papers constitute as patriotic? Why don't you receive information on people who commit real crimes? There was a girl at my old work who told me her friend and husband reproduced movies, I was going to contact the U.S. Marshalls, but left before I could have details.
Let me get this straight, you would report the American Citizens breaking a law in their own country, but not the Illegals who are not supposed to be here in the first place. Oh yeah I can see how THAT is definitely the "PATRIOTIC" thing to do....

How about this Mr. college scholar... REPORT THEM BOTH !!!!!... THAT would be the PATRIOTIC thing to do...

Old 02-28-2007, 07:26 PM

18,696 posts, read 35,415,173 times
If you take ten thousand dollars, you are a thief. If you take one dollar, you are a thief. Breaking the law is breaking the law.

If you are Joe citizen and you know the neighbor is manufacturing crack and you don't report it, you are an accesory, you are aiding and abeting and you can and will go to jail if you are found out. For not reporting somebody who is breaking the law. What free's a school from that duty? Why are they exempt from the law? Why are they above everybody else?

Old 02-28-2007, 09:19 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Go ahead and keep reporting and looking like an idiot, the Constitution guarantees thier place in the school system, remember learning about equal protection under the law when you went to school, you would rather have these children denied so they could not get educated at all and you would support them later because they had no education and don't forget those that are born here are citizens. You would deport them in railroad cars? You would deny basic human rights because they are not citizens? May-be you think that the Foreign language will rub off, or your child might bring one home. We have a problem one that will not be solved by denying children an education or basic human rights.
Everytime an immigrant buys something they pay taxes, and many times with fake ids they pay into social security and IRS. Granted not enough but I know a lot of people here that don't pay what they use either.
One of the very best things about the United States is that it is a big country with many different places to live. And everyone is free to live wherever he or she chooses. School districts are funded primarily through property taxes, as was pointed out earlier. If a school district is being overrun with anchor babies and illegal alien children, all of whom must be educated by law, the citizens of that community do have choices. Those who feel as you do, can stay in the community and pay the rapidly escalating property taxes that are required for this. Others may say, "No thanks" and relocate to an area that does not have this problem. Why should a US citizen be expected to pick up the very expensive tab for educating citizens of Guatemala or Mexico when simply relocating to another area will enable that family to do things such as save for their own children's education? And there is not a thing you or your pro-illegal brethren can do to about it. Except call people names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or