Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:49 AM

539 posts, read 1,798,874 times

Advertisements

More important issues, like what: 1)the economy, 2) the war, 3) oil dependency, 4)illegal-immigration, 5) health care... ? Maybe but the I-I issue is in the top 5. We already have have a more than generous immigration policy, we just need to enforce it in order to avoid this mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 09:17 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,721,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Up to now, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt until I read this. You have no idea what youre talking about.

Illegal immigration isn't causing violent crime in Mexico. That has to do with the power struggle between drug cartels. Theres this stuff called DRUGS, that is in high demand in the United States. Criminal organizations control the drug trade through Mexico to dealers in the U.S. Theres been a lot of arrests of high ranking members in the Tijuana Cartel..as other organizations are trying to fill the void, a lot of violence has been occuring. Its a turf war.

The military was statoned in Baja California for a short period to deal with corruption within the police departments, cops who had ties to that mafia.

The Mexican president has made a point of hitting the drug cartels, so things are a little chaotic right now. I don't usually approve of the Mexican government, but at least they are doing something to battle the drug gangs.

How you tie that to illegal immigration, I have no idea.
Because it is not merely the business of illegal drug trafficking which is causing the increase in Mexico's crime rate and violence along the border, but the business of HUMAN trafficking as well. The number of Mexican nationals, especially women and young girls, illegally smuggled into the U.S. to be used in the sex trade every year numbers in the tens of thousands. Then there are those who pay smugglers to bring them into the U.S. There is an entire segment of Mexico's economy that is thriving based upon the illegal importation of human beings into the U.S. for cash or "services." Often the smugglers in both trades are one and the same.

Last edited by Kele; 05-22-2008 at 09:45 AM..

Old 05-22-2008, 11:44 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,733,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyblackjohn View Post
More important issues, like what: 1)the economy, 2) the war, 3) oil dependency, 4)illegal-immigration, 5) health care... ? Maybe but the I-I issue is in the top 5. We already have have a more than generous immigration policy, we just need to enforce it in order to avoid this mess.
i agree with everything youve just said.

I'm also glad you realize that while illegal immigration is an important issue, its not the cause of all the other problems.

Last edited by amc760; 05-22-2008 at 11:54 AM..

Old 05-22-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snb3 View Post
Don't you dare insinuate any of this as being caused by a demand in drugs in the US. Those scum in Mexico are killing each other off (Mexicans killing Mexicans, cartels & ordinary bystanders & govt officials). If you remove drugs, they'll kill over something else (prostitution, money laundering, etc). They are what they are, criminal opportunists.
You say the killings are due to drugs. Remove the drug issues & they'll kill for something else. Funny you say there is a demand in the US for drugs. Would that incl any native Mexicans also? I see many Mexicans, amongst many, tweaking out. For so many US born drug users you are insinuating, where are the large scale anglo drug murders?

You are naive, and lots of the statements you are making are pretty ignorant. I said AMERICANS, and your offended because you think I'm suggesting white people do drugs. Oh no, not white people! Pure as the driven snow! Look at all the mexicans!
Not all "US Born" are white.
AMERICANS OF ALL COLORS do drugs, sell drugs, and even in the case of "tweaking" make drugs.

Hate to bust your bubble, but there is a LOT of drug use in America. Its a very lucrative business. A VERY lucrative business that many want to have control over.
So they have wars over who gets to pump America full of drugs, because YES there is a demand.

Why do you think countries near the U.S. are known for drugs?
What does Cuba and Mexico have in common?
Being located next to America.

If America stopped buying drugs, the business wouldn't be lucrative, nobody would want to sell drugs, the Cartels would fall apart, and yes violence will go down along the border.

And yes, lots of white people do drugs too. Hang out in any ghetto in America...whether its Queensbridge in New York or Jordan Downs in LA, and watch the white people pop through to score.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:02 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,526,017 times
There is not very much left of the American Dream for anyone not born to the Purple (to inherited wealth, privilege or power). This applies to people born in this country. Illegal’s have it worse.

This is not an accident. It is the result of 30 years of conservative policy to gut the working class and to keep them from polluting wealth’s special places including certain universities, towns and social gatherings.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:49 PM

252 posts, read 1,124,918 times
Quote:
You are naive, and lots of the statements you are making are pretty ignorant. I said AMERICANS, and your offended because you think I'm suggesting white people do drugs. Oh no, not white people! Pure as the driven snow! Look at all the mexicans!
Not all "US Born" are white.
AMERICANS OF ALL COLORS do drugs, sell drugs, and even in the case of "tweaking" make drugs.

Hate to bust your bubble, but there is a LOT of drug use in America. Its a very lucrative business. A VERY lucrative business that many want to have control over.
So they have wars over who gets to pump America full of drugs, because YES there is a demand.

Why do you think countries near the U.S. are known for drugs?
What does Cuba and Mexico have in common?
Being located next to America.

If America stopped buying drugs, the business wouldn't be lucrative, nobody would want to sell drugs, the Cartels would fall apart, and yes violence will go down along the border.

And yes, lots of white people do drugs too. Hang out in any ghetto in America...whether its Queensbridge in New York or Jordan Downs in LA, and watch the white people pop through to score.

I guess they''re just filling a need ( just like cheap labor)
Call it niche marketing.

Dont think for a minute drugs are a problem in the US only. Every developed country has drug problems and you're right, US is the biggest buyer for Mexican products because we are the closest, wealthiest neighbor. You actually think if US didn't exist, Mexico would stop selling? Gimme a break, If US ceases to exist and Oregon & Washington becomes part of Mexifornia, you bet drugs are going to flow even more freely into Canada. The pushers will create a need for their stuff to sell, just like they did here.

You're mistaking my point (or THE point): the US has enough problems of its own. Your rationalization in decriminalizing the criminals & their behavior is sick.

And theres no need for me to travel to see drugs being sold.

And if anyone is being ignorant, we all know in what context "America" and "American" is being used. Ask any day laborer if they are "American".

Old 05-22-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyblackjohn View Post

Here in Socal, your #4 massively affects #1 & #5.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I guess they''re just filling a need ( just like cheap labor)
Call it niche marketing.

Dont think for a minute drugs are a problem in the US only. Every developed country has drug problems and you're right, US is the biggest buyer for Mexican products because we are the closest, wealthiest neighbor. You actually think if US didn't exist, Mexico would stop selling? Gimme a break, If US ceases to exist and Oregon & Washington becomes part of Mexifornia, you bet drugs are going to flow even more freely into Canada. The pushers will create a need for their stuff to sell, just like they did here.

You're mistaking my point (or THE point): the US has enough problems of its own. Your rationalization in decriminalizing the criminals & their behavior is sick.

And theres no need for me to travel to see drugs being sold.

And if anyone is being ignorant, we all know in what context "America" and "American" is being used. Ask any day laborer if they are "American".
Who even brought up day laborer? Or Immigrants for that matter?

We were talking about the violence on the border, and you got all defensive asking how dare I insinuate that it has to do with high demand of drugs in the good ol US.

You lost, kid.

We could be talking about whether or not the moon landing was fake, and I'm sure it would get back to illegal immigrants.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Up to now, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt until I read this. You have no idea what youre talking about.

Illegal immigration isn't causing violent crime in Mexico. That has to do with the power struggle between drug cartels. Theres this stuff called DRUGS, that is in high demand in the United States. Criminal organizations control the drug trade through Mexico to dealers in the U.S. Theres been a lot of arrests of high ranking members in the Tijuana Cartel..as other organizations are trying to fill the void, a lot of violence has been occuring. Its a turf war.

The military was statoned in Baja California for a short period to deal with corruption within the police departments, cops who had ties to that mafia.

The Mexican president has made a point of hitting the drug cartels, so things are a little chaotic right now. I don't usually approve of the Mexican government, but at least they are doing something to battle the drug gangs.

How you tie that to illegal immigration, I have no idea.
Que?
I lost?

Las I checked, this is the immigration forum.

You're a disallusioned fake if you think illegal immigration isn't causing violence only in Mexico. Its causing violence here in the US as much.
You say its the fault of the US & its demands of drugs that there are violence and death along the border. Let me as you this: would you give a despondent, down-on-their-luck person a liter of vodka & loaded gun and claim you had nothing to do with a possible negative outcome?

And since you conveniently & repeatedly chose to or are unable to answer anything and just claim winners and losers, I'll give you another shot: Ask any illegal or undocumented if they call themselves American or Mexican (or Guatemalan or Salvadorean)? After all, they're all American, right? Or as you put it. Remember Oscar Dela Hoya after winning his gold medal? What flag did he personally raise and what was the response from his "blood" brethren? That was the core response to turn their back on one of their own & one of a LA native's greatest success stories: a Mexican American raising The Star Spangled Banner.

since you're keeping score, here is your winner of a post:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...ml#post3722237

Last edited by snb3; 05-22-2008 at 05:14 PM..

Old 05-22-2008, 04:52 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,489,709 times
Quote:
Here in Socal, your #4 massively affects #1 & #5.

Same here in MD, and it’s spreading like wildfire to most states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration