Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 04:27 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,746,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
and in VA a mexican called Tomaso El Jeffersono maintained co habitation
with multiple african slaves, their progeny came to be known as sons of "el Presidente"
Wow. Clever rejoinder. I'm stunned nearly into silence.

Not really.

You are the one who inaccurately and misleadingly made the statement that only white people are serial killers. No need to get your nose out of joint because you were proven wrong.

I highly doubt that Thomas Jefferson's situation would be the correct analogy for this issue and in fact, I would venture to say that if you believe that it is, you are really grasping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 04:52 PM

394 posts, read 1,006,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
OMG...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THAT REAL?

Old 02-15-2008, 04:56 PM

126 posts, read 280,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Excellent point:

Aside from Latin America and Spain; Spanish is not widely spoken whereas English is used everywhere.

no question about ,the British won the race of spreading english in all corners of the world, more important, is the language of business, it would only make sense that english for all the above and Spanish for its elegance and perfect structure, coexist as the two official languages of the US also reflecting our common spanish and anglo backgroud.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
it's not anger, it's fear.
the tank is being drained and the fish are getting crowded.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:04 PM

126 posts, read 280,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Wow. Clever rejoinder. I'm stunned nearly into silence.

Not really.

You are the one who inaccurately and misleadingly made the statement that only white people are serial killers. No need to get your nose out of joint because you were proven wrong.

I highly doubt that Thomas Jefferson's situation would be the correct analogy for this issue and in fact, I would venture to say that if you believe that it is, you are really grasping.
What part of El Presidente did you not understand?

Old 02-15-2008, 05:08 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,341,525 times
I would like to explain what those can do with spanish..
in AMERICA where WE speak ENGLISH... but I would
get yelled at for such an explanation..

Old 02-15-2008, 05:10 PM

394 posts, read 1,006,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschula214 View Post
this is not immigrants fault its ours becuz we gave them what we want back now. dont blame the only people who has made america a better place. they are our future and our present we all know that now matter how racest ppl really are. we would be nothing without them any questions or answers call me at 2147536673. by the way my fiance just got deported the day before valentines day think about how i as an american feel. i love him and hes a human like everyone else. but what goes around does come back no matter who the ppl so please think about this.
another classic piece work here

Old 02-15-2008, 05:15 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,746,705 times
Quote:
no question about ,the British won the race of spreading english in all corners of the world, more important, is the language of business, it would only make sense that english for all the above and Spanish for its elegance and perfect structure, coexist as the two official languages of the US also reflecting our common spanish and anglo backgroud.
I object.

My grandmother's people, the Apache were here before the English or the Spanish. I demand that the United States of America also make Apache the official language of the United States. Of course, my brothers, the Comanche, Navajo, Algonquin, Chinook, Chumash, the Cree, the Creek, the Mohawk, the Osage, the Sioux, the Shoshone, the Ute, the Cheyenne, the Nez Perce, the Choctaw, and the hundreds upon hundreds of other federally recognized tribes will also demand that their languages be included in this list of official U.S. languages. Simply because our native languages are spoken mainly by the elders of our tribes doesn't really matter. If the United States of America is to become a bilingual country, we as its first residents, demand representation.

Of course, the Russians were in California at about the same time as the Spanish, so Russian will need included in the list of official languages. Also, my father's family and others from the Scandanavian countries were among the first to settle the Great Lakes areas, so on their behalf, I demand that we include Swedish and Norwegian among the official languages of the United States. Additionally, everybody knows that Louisiana was purchased from the French and that many of their progeny still inhabit that area, so French must also be included in the list of official U.S. languages. Oh, and let's not forget the Irish and the Chinese. They were instrumental in the settling of the Americas, so it is only fair that Gaelic and Mandrin Chinese are included in the list of "official" U.S. languages.

But what about the African slaves brought to America against their will? Their contributions to the greatness of this country cannot be denied, so I suggest that we do voluntary DNA testing on African Americans in this country, find their ancestor's countries of origin, and incorporate each and every dialect into the official list of official languages of the United States of America.

After all, each and every one of the above peoples were at least as vital, if not more so, than the Spanish were to the formation of the United States. To exclude any of them would show an extremely racist preference for those of Spanish speaking extraction versus Americans of other nationalities.

BTW, I understood that you called Thomas Jefferson "El Presidente." It still doesn't make any sense, although perhaps if he had even a drop of Spanish ancestry, your clever repartee wouldn't have fallen flat on its face. Unfortunately for you though, Thomas Jefferson was about as Spanish as Bijorn Borg.

Last edited by Kele; 02-15-2008 at 06:07 PM..

Old 02-15-2008, 07:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Such is life: ever since the Spanish Armada; Anglo-Saxon culture has been the Gold Standard (human rights, Rule of Law, etc) of the world.

Besides: if Hispanic culture is so great; why is Argentina (97% White) only have a per capita income of $13K a year vs. a typical First World country with 3 times as much?

I see no reason for Spanish to be mandated here in the USA.

If such a scenario were to come to pass (which will not); then Mexico needs to do the same

Old 02-15-2008, 07:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I object.

My grandmother's people, the Apache were here before the English or the Spanish. I demand that the United States of America also make Apache the official language of the United States. Of course, my brothers, the Comanche, Navajo, Algonquin, Chinook, Chumash, the Cree, the Creek, the Mohawk, the Osage, the Sioux, the Shoshone, the Ute, the Cheyenne, the Nez Perce, the Choctaw, and the hundreds upon hundreds of other federally recognized tribes will also demand that their languages be included in this list of official U.S. languages. Simply because our native languages are spoken mainly by the elders of our tribes doesn't really matter. If the United States of America is to become a bilingual country, we as its first residents, demand representation.

Of course, the Russians were in California at about the same time as the Spanish, so Russian will need included in the list of official languages. Also, my father's family and others from the Scandanavian countries were among the first to settle the Great Lakes areas, so on their behalf, I demand that we include Swedish and Norwegian among the official languages of the United States. Additionally, everybody knows that Louisiana was purchased from the French and that many of their progeny still inhabit that area, so French must also be included in the list of official U.S. languages. Oh, and let's not forget the Irish and the Chinese. They were instrumental in the settling of the Americas, so it is only fair that Gaelic and Mandrin Chinese are included in the list of "official" U.S. languages.

But what about the African slaves brought to America against their will? Their contributions to the greatness of this country cannot be denied, so I suggest that we do voluntary DNA testing on African Americans in this country, find their ancestor's countries of origin, and incorporate each and every dialect into the official list of official languages of the United States of America.

After all, each and every one of the above peoples were at least as vital, if not more so, than the Spanish were to the formation of the United States. To exclude any of them would show an extremely racist preference for those of Spanish speaking extraction versus Americans of other nationalities.

BTW, I understood that you called Thomas Jefferson "El Presidente." It still doesn't make any sense, although perhaps if he had even a drop of Spanish ancestry, your clever repartee wouldn't have fallen flat on its face. Unfortunately for you though, Thomas Jefferson was about as Spanish as Bijorn Borg.
Bravo! Eloquent comeback-------as usual!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration