U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-16-2008, 12:50 AM
 
126 posts, read 245,378 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Total population


Hispanic Americans
44,252,278


"14,78%" of the U.S. population
Anoher way to look at the numbers:

hispanics 15%
african-american 15%
other ethnics, ie. native americans, asians, etc. 9%
women 51%
successful,progressive white males 5%
TOTAL 95%

[Mod Cut]

How are the numbers looking now?

Last edited by ontheroad; 02-16-2008 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: Unnecessary and inappropriate inclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2008, 12:57 AM
 
126 posts, read 245,378 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Hispanics try to claim the Basques as well------at least those who hail from Spain.
Let me correct you, The basques are a separatist ethnic group in northern
Spain, they have never ventured to the ocean, you probably mean the
vikings, whose prescence in Labrador, Canada has been reported
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 715,369 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Anoher way to look at the numbers:

hispanics 15%
african-american 15%
other ethnics, ie. native americans, asians, etc. 9%
women 51%
successful,progressive white males 5%
TOTAL 95%


[Mod Cut]

How are the numbers looking now?
Stereotyping is your thing, huh?! Oh well, from seeing your other posts I see that you have yet to post anything worthwhile or of substance. You only seem to be here to bash white Americans. That is trolling to me.

Last edited by ontheroad; 02-16-2008 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Quote was deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,654,941 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
now add the undocumented and you"ll get over 60,000,000!!!!
Said 'undocumented' are illegal------and, We the People, are starting to make their lives a collective living hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 10:45 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,695,955 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Well if for nothing else Hispanics are the largest ethnic group in the US with almost 50 million people, by the way did you mention the Pow-Wow's?
I don't know why you think that pow wow's have anything to do with the subject at hand, but then again, I don't much understand the way your brain percolates anyway.

A majority of those hispanics are Americans, born and raised in America. If they are not speaking English, they bloody well should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Let me correct you, The basques are a separatist ethnic group in northern Spain, they have never ventured to the ocean, you probably mean the vikings, whose prescence in Labrador, Canada has been reported
Let me correct you. There has been a Basque presence in the Americas from the age of Columbus. Basques under the crown of Castile were among the explorers, priests and Conquistadors of the Spanish Empire.

There are about 57,000 people of Basque descent living in the United States, according to the 2000 census. This number is highly disputed, however, since before the 1980 census there had never been a federally recognized category for Basques. As a result, Basques were usually categorized as Spanish or French. It is speculated that there are many more Americans of Basque descent who still classify themselves as Spanish, French or Latin American. The Basques are an ethnic group who inhabit parts of north-central Spain and southwestern France.

Recent genetic studies by geneticist Stephen Oppenheimer have confirmed that about 75% of the people of the British Isles have bloodlines that can be traced to inhabitants of the Basque areas of Spain and France based on Y-chromosome and mtDNA analysis. The originators of these genes are thought to have traveled up the Atlantic Coast in the Upper Palaeolithic and the Mesolithic period.

I think that would negate your theory of the landlocked Basque.

There are substantial Basque populations in Venezuela, Argentina, Cuba, Chile, Mexico, Colombia and the United States.

In addition, archaeological evidence of Viking occupation is found at LŽAnseaux Meadows in northern Newfoundland, Canada. It is believed that they sailed south from and explored at least the area around modern day New York state, but did not settle.

Hey decafdave my friend, I didn't leave out the Norwegians. They're in paragraph two of my post, along with the Swedes. My paternal grandmother, who emigrated from Norway, would haunt me senseless if left them out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 11:24 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,018,150 times
Reputation: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
To be factual with history it wasn't the mexicans nor the allied forces who
defeated the Germans, as we all know it was the Russians who invaded and conquered Germany. While Montgomery, Eisenhower, and DeGaulle played
chess and drank scotch in Great Brittain the Russians marched into Berlin,
not until German forces were extremely debilitated, the allied disembarked in
Normandy, we are taught in school however that it was us who defeated the germans, in great part the reason for which there is so much resentment
against us americans in Europe most notably England and France, So please
correct the statement about mexicans, it should say, after all, if it wasn't for the Russians we would all be speaking German, thanks for allowing me educate ya'll.
Man........... who ever that history teacher is they ought to be fired.
It took the Russians 4 years for fighting before they entered Germany.
And just what do you think we were doing in that time. Oh yes playing chess. Well, explain to me then the invasion of north africa, Sicily, Italy.The day light precission bombing over Germany, the hugh convoys of troop and supply ships to ALL our allies. Explain to me Black Thursday October 14th 1943. Wait you dont know of Black Thursday. Crew casualties amounted to 639 men
Explain to us how the Russians could only invade Germany AFTER such debilitation of their forces. We bombed them into the stoneage is how.
Schweinfurt (http://www.b17sam.com/Schweinfurt.html - broken link)
And where in the world do you come up with the Mexicans helping during the war. They were aligned but had no troops stationed anywhere .
Most of South American only declared war on Germany in 1945.......
My dad took 4, four, quatros, bullets during that war the russians won. North africa, Sicily, Anzio and Remagen. I had an uncle killed over the sky's of Germany in 1943. See above.
And even while we were doing that we we advancing into the pacific basin. The arsenal of Democracy. Ever hear of that in your schooling.

I cannot believe you would so casually and cavalierly, downgrade the sacrifice of a people, a generation, all the service men who fought to defeat two, 2, dos, evil peoples and governments.
My god such blatant and utter lack of original thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 11:42 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,796,426 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Anoher way to look at the numbers:

hispanics 15%
african-american 15%
other ethnics, ie. native americans, asians, etc. 9%
women 51%
successful,progressive white males 5%
TOTAL 95%

[Mod Cut]

How are the numbers looking now?
There is no point in arguing with the anti- immigrant crowd. The real voters out there are rejecting politicians who hold hardline views on immigration. Soon we will have a pro-immigration president and dems will get an almost veto-proof margin in the senate. The vocal but small anti-immigrant crowd will be silenced by the voice of reason once and for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 11:53 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,018,150 times
Reputation: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
There is no point in arguing with the anti- immigrant crowd. The real voters out there are rejecting politicians who hold hardline views on immigration. Soon we will have a pro-immigration president and dems will get an almost veto-proof margin in the senate. The vocal but small anti-immigrant crowd will be silenced by the voice of reason once and for all.
No we wont be silenced.
No we wont tolerate the continued colonization
And considering that the majority of this country wants the border closed how can you say we are small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 11:59 AM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,069,826 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
To be factual with history it wasn't the mexicans nor the allied forces who
defeated the Germans, as we all know it was the Russians who invaded and
conquered Germany.
To be factual, Russia was a member of the Allied Forces. *smacks head*
Quote:
While Montgomery, Eisenhower, and DeGaulle played
chess and drank scotch in Great Brittain the Russians marched into Berlin,
not until German forces were extremely debilitated, the allied disembarked in
Normandy, we are taught in school however that it was us who defeated the germans, in great part the reason for which there is so much resentment
against us americans in Europe most notably England and France, So please
correct the statement about mexicans, it should say, after all, if it wasn't for the Russians we would all be speaking German, thanks for allowing me educate ya'll.
I see you skipped Japanese. C'mon, doc. Let's read your twist on which country defeated the Japanese.

Regardless, my point stands. Mexico was a powerless third world country then, as it is now. And you really should devote some time to proper English composition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 12:05 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,069,826 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Anoher way to look at the numbers:

hispanics 15%
african-american 15%
other ethnics, ie. native americans, asians, etc. 9%
women 51%
successful,progressive white males 5%
TOTAL 95%

[Mod Cut]

How are the numbers looking now?
Uh...besides English, a little math instruction is in order as well.

Total 95 percent?

LOL!!!!

I have a tip for you. Shhhhh.... Don't tell anyone. Okay?

You have counted certain people twice in coming to the 95% total. Can you guess who they are? (No, they're not schizophrenics.)

LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top