U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-16-2008, 12:08 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,067,258 times
Reputation: 2049

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
There is no point in arguing with the anti- immigrant crowd. The real voters out there are rejecting politicians who hold hardline views on immigration. Soon we will have a pro-immigration president and dems will get an almost veto-proof margin in the senate. The vocal but small anti-immigrant crowd will be silenced by the voice of reason once and for all.
You call that an argument?

You're right about one thing. There is no point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2008, 12:23 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,694,322 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
There is no point in arguing with the anti- immigrant crowd. The real voters out there are rejecting politicians who hold hardline views on immigration. Soon we will have a pro-immigration president and dems will get an almost veto-proof margin in the senate. The vocal but small anti-immigrant crowd will be silenced by the voice of reason once and for all.
Are you kidding me? Could there possibly be a more pro-illegal, pro-Mexico person running this country than El Presidente Boosh? Even with his persistance in attempting to shove pro-amnesty legislation down the throats of the American people, it was overwhelmingly vetoed by those self same voters that you are counting on to open our borders wide open to whomever gets a wild hair up their a** to come into this country.

Oh, by the way, repeat after me.

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT

United States

Terms used in the United States include:

illegal alien [the official term in legislation and the border patrol for a person who has entered the country illegally or is residing in the United States illegally after entering legally (for example, using a tourist visa and remaining after the visa expires)]

illegal immigrant (a human who is not a citizen of the United States who enters and intends to remain in the country indefinitely without the legal right to do so; this excludes resident aliens and refugees)

out of status (those whose lawful status has expired, those who have overstayed their visas, etc.)

LEGAL IMMIGRANT

a person who is not a citizen of the United States who voluntarily goes through the legal channels in order to become a citizen of the United States with respect to the immigration laws of the destination country.

Definitions courtesy of Encyclopedia Brittanica

All it takes is simple reference materials to define the difference between a LEGAL immigrant and an ILLEGAL immigrant. If cracking a book is an an anathema to you, try Google. It's a wondrous invention.

Legal immigrants-YES, illegal immigrants-NO.

Get it yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 01:07 PM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,660,790 times
Reputation: 690
America admits more immigrants than any other nation yet Blacknight claims we are anti immigrant. Mexico is a perfect example of a anti immigrant nation. Less than 1 % of the population is foreign born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 01:14 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,795,208 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
America admits more immigrants than any other nation yet Blacknight claims we are anti immigrant. Mexico is a perfect example of a anti immigrant nation. Less than 1 % of the population is foreign born.
I never said americans are anti- immigrant did i? I said a SMALL but vocal minority are. If they had their way McCain wouldn't have won the GOP nomination.

I hope you don't believe the majority of Americans hold the same views as you on immigration.

Immigration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 01:18 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,694,322 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I never said americans are anti- immigrant did i? I said a SMALL but vocal minority are. If they had their way McCain wouldn't have won the GOP nomination.
I beg to differ.

You have attempted numerous times to portray those of us who a part of the anti-illegal immigration movement as "anti-immigrant." Therefore, we are forced to draw the conclusion that you are unaware that there is a difference between those who follow the law and those who blatantly disregard it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Bethesda
2,876 posts, read 6,021,016 times
Reputation: 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
To be factual with history it wasn't the mexicans nor the allied forces who
defeated the Germans, as we all know it was the Russians who invaded and
conquered Germany. While Montgomery, Eisenhower, and DeGaulle played
chess and drank scotch in Great Brittain the Russians marched into Berlin,
not until German forces were extremely debilitated, the allied disembarked in
Normandy, we are taught in school however that it was us who defeated the germans, in great part the reason for which there is so much resentment
against us americans in Europe most notably England and France, So please
correct the statement about mexicans, it should say, after all, if it wasn't for the Russians we would all be speaking German, thanks for allowing me educate ya'll.
So I've noticed you never back up any of the BS you say with intelligent insights or proof of any kind.
1. American troops invaded Nazi Europe from two fronts and experienced stiff resistance-Italy (another Axis power or did you forget?) as well as France. Russia played a vital role for sure but to give them all the credit, you are a fool. Oh, and the Russians marched into Berlin when the war was all but over, and the Western allied forces (Russia was an Ally as well) held back to let the Russians take it. Not to mention all the fighting Western forces did in North Africa. Why do those who know so little about history love to post there opinions online.

2. Are you leaving out something important....hmm? Oh thats right! Japan! And who will you credit for beating the Japanese?

Listen, obviously most of us thing you are a nutter (hence the 7 reputation) but while you are entitled to your own opinion, like everyone, you are not entitled your own facts. Your own little alternate history that is so skewed to make Americans (especially white americans) look bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Bethesda
2,876 posts, read 6,021,016 times
Reputation: 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Anoher way to look at the numbers:

hispanics 15%
african-american 15%
other ethnics, ie. native americans, asians, etc. 9%
women 51%
successful,progressive white males 5%
TOTAL 95%

[Mod Cut]

How are the numbers looking now?
Does any one else find this a bit racist? Mods, if he would have insulted black men, would this post still be up here?

lol I think something might be amiss with your statistical breakdown. I guess you think that the only white males are "successful, progressive,"? Wow, im glad to hear there's no unsuccessful white males! even if we only make up 5% of the population according to you.

And I had no idea women were not apart of any race, there being no black, latino, or white women.

95%??!

now, are you going to make any attempt at all to back some of this up or are you moving on like every other time?

Obviously, you are either a very frustrated individual (troubled by the success of others), are in the third grade, or just escaped from a mental hospital. If that is the case, accept my sincerest apologies -I never should have been rude to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Bethesda
2,876 posts, read 6,021,016 times
Reputation: 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I never said americans are anti- immigrant did i? I said a SMALL but vocal minority are. If they had their way McCain wouldn't have won the GOP nomination.

I hope you don't believe the majority of Americans hold the same views as you on immigration.

Immigration
There's your problem: you see all immigrants the same way (just calling some undocumented right) so you would naturally misinterpret our stance. You are correct in one thing, only a small minority are for stopping all immigration. What a majority of us are for is stopping illegal immigration. There is a difference whether you see it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 02:41 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,694,322 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I never said americans are anti- immigrant did i? I said a SMALL but vocal minority are. If they had their way McCain wouldn't have won the GOP nomination.

I hope you don't believe the majority of Americans hold the same views as you on immigration.

Immigration
Funny--that poll states that most Americans believe immigration hurts America more than it helps her and it doesn't specify only illegal immigration. They also want to see illegal immigrants decreased in this country by a tidy majority.

Don't think that poll is helping your case too well there bn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 02:44 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,162,786 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I beg to differ.

You have attempted numerous times to portray those of us who a part of the anti-illegal immigration movement as "anti-immigrant." Therefore, we are forced to draw the conclusion that you are unaware that there is a difference between those who follow the law and those who blatantly disregard it.

And Racist, a lot of pro-illegals consider anti-illegals racist. [Mod Cut]

Last edited by ontheroad; 02-17-2008 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: Don't make this issue a personal issue!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top