Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2008, 01:49 PM

126 posts, read 280,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I don't know why you think that pow wow's have anything to do with the subject at hand, but then again, I don't much understand the way your brain percolates anyway.

A majority of those hispanics are Americans, born and raised in America. If they are not speaking English, they bloody well should be.

Let me correct you. There has been a Basque presence in the Americas from the age of Columbus. Basques under the crown of Castile were among the explorers, priests and Conquistadors of the Spanish Empire.

There are about 57,000 people of Basque descent living in the United States, according to the 2000 census. This number is highly disputed, however, since before the 1980 census there had never been a federally recognized category for Basques. As a result, Basques were usually categorized as Spanish or French. It is speculated that there are many more Americans of Basque descent who still classify themselves as Spanish, French or Latin American. The Basques are an ethnic group who inhabit parts of north-central Spain and southwestern France.

Recent genetic studies by geneticist Stephen Oppenheimer have confirmed that about 75% of the people of the British Isles have bloodlines that can be traced to inhabitants of the Basque areas of Spain and France based on Y-chromosome and mtDNA analysis. The originators of these genes are thought to have traveled up the Atlantic Coast in the Upper Palaeolithic and the Mesolithic period.

I think that would negate your theory of the landlocked Basque.

There are substantial Basque populations in Venezuela, Argentina, Cuba, Chile, Mexico, Colombia and the United States.

In addition, archaeological evidence of Viking occupation is found at L´Anseaux Meadows in northern Newfoundland, Canada. It is believed that they sailed south from and explored at least the area around modern day New York state, but did not settle.

Hey decafdave my friend, I didn't leave out the Norwegians. They're in paragraph two of my post, along with the Swedes. My paternal grandmother, who emigrated from Norway, would haunt me senseless if left them out!
Be careful with those DNA tracings, I think you need to read a little more to be able to interpret.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 01:53 PM

126 posts, read 280,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Uh...besides English, a little math instruction is in order as well.

Total 95 percent?

LOL!!!!

I have a tip for you. Shhhhh.... Don't tell anyone. Okay?

You have counted certain people twice in coming to the 95% total. Can you guess who they are? (No, they're not schizophrenics.)

LOL!
EUREKA!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2008, 01:56 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
And Racist, a lot of pro-illegals consider anti-illegals racist. Nevertheless, Arizonaa Bound seems to give anti-illegals bad names with the anti-Hispanic attitude he has.
I am anti-illegal immigration. I don't care if that illegal immigrant is Laotian, Norwegian, Persian, Mexican, or Martian.

Those in the anti-illegal immigration movement who see illegal immigration as a "Hispanic" problem are a very, very small minority.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:57 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Be careful with those DNA tracings, I think you need to read a little more to be able to interpret.
Barring genetic mutations: DNA tells the tale.

My 'Y' chromosome came from northern Spain 30K years ago whereas my matrilineal DNA is Northern European on the same timeline.

No; I am definitely not 'Hispanic'.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:59 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
I am anti-illegal immigration. I don't care if that illegal immigrant is Laotian, Norwegian, Persian, Mexican, or Martian.

Those in the anti-illegal immigration movement who see illegal immigration as a "Hispanic" problem are a very, very small minority.
True enough: many Americans of 'Hispanic' heritage are offended by illegals as a group due in part to their antics (loud music, etc) let alone to the latter being lawbreakers by definition.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:01 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
And Racist, a lot of pro-illegals consider anti-illegals racist. Nevertheless, Arizonaa Bound seems to give anti-illegals bad names with the anti-Hispanic attitude he has.
Arizona Bound may change his mind if he ever GETS to Arizona....let's give him a chance, and see what he comes up with. (He's sure been BOUND there a long time--must be hitch hiking)....

Old 02-16-2008, 02:03 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
True enough: many Americans of 'Hispanic' heritage are offended by illegals as a group due in part to their antics (loud music, etc) let alone to the latter being lawbreakers by definition.
You know, its not just illegals who do that. Every time I wake up, I wake up to Alejandro Fernandez in the morning. Once I open that door you can bet your ass that the music is off. The loud music is only when Mexicans in general are having parties, I know I've been to many. As a matter of fact, I'm going to one today. We don't play Music though, just socialize. Unless people start drinking.. you won't find beer at our parties. Margaritas? maybe

Old 02-16-2008, 02:07 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Really?

I have a degree in Anthropology and am pursuing my graduate degree. Oppenheimer is held in high regard within the academic community for his work within the field of mitrochondrial DNA. His groundbreaking "Out of Africa" human origins is highly respected and his DNA research into the y-DNA Haplogroup R1b1c is the basis for modern DNA testing.

And what is your field of study?

Old 02-16-2008, 02:11 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
Really?

I have a degree in Anthropology and am pursuing my graduate degree. Oppenheimer is held in high regard within the academic community for his work within the field of mitrochondrial DNA. His groundbreaking "Out of Africa" human origins is highly respected and his DNA research into the y-DNA Haplogroup R1b1c is the basis for modern DNA testing.

And what is your field of study?
I think he's/she's going to stop after this post. LOL!

Old 02-16-2008, 02:12 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:

You got to be kidding me right? A lot of posts i read on here is always about the "mexicans" or how the their culture breeds criminals,rapists etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration