U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2008, 05:14 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,243,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
It would be pretty amazing if whites DIDN'T account for over 50% of hate crimes...since they comprise (at this time) well over 50% of the US population.
Quote:
I'm sure whites are responsible for MOST of everything---most college graduates, most people on welfare, most cases of domestic violence, most of the prison population, most of the heart surgeons
, and most of the homeless, most of the 'heroes' and most of the 'bad guys'....just because there are more OF them. (They probably DON'T comprise most of the illegal aliens OR most of the gang-members at this time---but these are 'special' categories)...generally speaking, "most" of any population is going to do 'most' of its 'stuff'...

Just making a point, not arguing with your post....
Alot of what the whites are responsible for, other than crimes, are "legal" issues.

What citizens do and what Illegals do are 2 different things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 05:50 PM

126 posts, read 245,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Really?

I have a degree in Anthropology and am pursuing my graduate degree. Oppenheimer is held in high regard within the academic community for his work within the field of mitrochondrial DNA. His groundbreaking "Out of Africa" human origins is highly respected and his DNA research into the y-DNA Haplogroup R1b1c is the basis for modern DNA testing.

And what is your field of study?

well,well, I know a thing or two about genetics, can you explain why is
mithocondrial dna special, simple question for you ,jones

Old 02-16-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I think he's/she's going to stop after this post. LOL!

don't think so

Old 02-16-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Does any one else find this a bit racist? Mods, if he would have insulted black men, would this post still be up here?

lol I think something might be amiss with your statistical breakdown. I guess you think that the only white males are "successful, progressive,"? Wow, im glad to hear there's no unsuccessful white males! even if we only make up 5% of the population according to you.

And I had no idea women were not apart of any race, there being no black, latino, or white women.

95%??!

now, are you going to make any attempt at all to back some of this up or are you moving on like every other time?

Obviously, you are either a very frustrated individual (troubled by the success of others), are in the third grade, or just escaped from a mental hospital. If that is the case, accept my sincerest apologies -I never should have been rude to you.
apology accepted my friend

Old 02-16-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
To be factual, Russia was a member of the Allied Forces. *smacks head*

I see you skipped Japanese. C'mon, doc. Let's read your twist on which country defeated the Japanese.

Regardless, my point stands. Mexico was a powerless third world country then, as it is now. And you really should devote some time to proper English composition.
Sorry, but the japanese language was not in question, definetely we beat the japanese with or without a-bomb, point well taken.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:03 PM

694 posts, read 1,987,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuCoop21 View Post
Let us imagine a comparable situation. Twelve million Americans, to escape poverty and find work during the Great Depression, migrate from the Dust Bowl down to Mexico. Settled there, they demand that Mexico provide them cash payments, subsidize their food, provide them free medical care, educate their children in English, teach them U.S. history, and start celebrating U.S. holidays.

How do you think Mexico would react???
Didn't this already happen when Americans started to settle in Texas and California, which was under Mexican jurisdiction (many without giving notice to the Mexican Government)? Didn't they still teach English, U.S. History, and still thought of themselves as Americans? Didn't they hold slaves in a country where slavery was outlawed?

Didn't Mexico get really REALLY mad and end up fighting both the Texas War of Independence and the Mexican-US War?

Don't need to imagine anything. It already happened.

Last edited by tenken627; 02-16-2008 at 06:15 PM..

Old 02-16-2008, 06:08 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,640,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Alot of what the whites are responsible for, other than crimes, are "legal" issues.

What citizens do and what Illegals do are 2 different things.
Agreed. Illegals are FAR more likely to violate our immigration laws than US citizens are.....and MOST of the things that whites are responsible for, other than crimes, are legal things. (Probably also true of non-whites as well)...

Old 02-16-2008, 06:13 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
well,well, I know a thing or two about genetics, can you explain why is
mithocondrial dna special, simple question for you ,jones
All mitochondrial DNA is inherited as a single unit, or haplotype, the relationships between mitochondrial DNA from different individuals can be represented as a gene tree. Patterns in these gene trees can be used to infer the evolutionary history of populations. The classic example of this is in human evolutionary genetics, where the molecular clock can be used to provide a recent date for mitochondrial Eve. This is often interpreted as strong support for a recent modern human expansion out of Africa.

Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) is not transmitted through nuclear DNA (nDNA), and in most multicellular organisms, virtually all mitochondria are inherited from the mother's ovum, as sperm cells do not contribute any mitochondria.

What else would you like know?

Old 02-16-2008, 06:14 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,640,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
And you really should devote some time to proper English composition.
Composition does have its place; however, there are times when DECOMPOSITION is equally appropriate, and this could well be one of them....

Old 02-16-2008, 06:24 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Didn't this already happen when Americans started to settle in Texas and California which was under Mexican jurisdiction (many without giving notice to the Mexican Government)? Didn't they still teach English, U.S. History, and still thought of themselves as Americans? Didn't they hold slaves in a country where slavery was outlawed?

Didn't Mexico get really REALLY mad and end up fighting both the Texas War of Independence and the Mexican-US War?

Don't need to imagine anything. It already happened.
Without giving notice to Mexico?

Perhaps you may want to do a little more research, especially in the case of the State of Texas.

The Mexican government begged Americans to come in and settle Texas and to "take care of the Apache problem" because they themselves were unable to erradicate the native populations.

Once the Americans had subdued the Apaches, the Mexican government began to come in and take the lands that the Americans had purchased and attempted to kick them out of present day Texas.

The Texans were unwilling to comply.

As far as any other "Mexican" lands in present day U.S. territory, 90% was nothing more than ranch land, few cities and no infrastructure. Mexico took the lands from Spain and "owned" it for less than 25 years.

Mexicans were no kinder (and in most instances less so) to the Native Americans in this country than the European invaders.

As a matter of fact, I would venture to bet that there are few descendents of any original inhabitants left anywhere on the face of this Earth. Call it man's inhumanity to man, but I doubt that you could talk any sovereign nation into giving land back simply because you don't agree with the way they obtained it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or