U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-17-2008, 10:34 PM
 
126 posts, read 245,055 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
1. Funny you should mention transcribing information from scientific literature because when I googled entire sentences from your post, after I corrected your spelling of mitochondrial that is, they hit a variety of scholarly articles--several which seemingly had entire sentences in common with your post--without citation, I might add. Where I come from, we call that plagiarism. (I spent a semester as a T.A. for my English Comp professor. He had me checking essays for "unintentional copyright violations" during final exams week. I was pretty good at it...)

2. That scholarly hoo-hoo you "picked up" didn't even begin to answer the questions that I asked, but nice try at dancing around it all.

3. I seriously doubt that a person who continually mispells "mitochondrial" as "mithochondria" has any real clue about its importance to the study of anthropology. Mithocondria are small cellular organs which contain numbers of enzymes by means of which oxidations are produced in the cell. They are not DNA fragments.

I have to get back to studying for my Plains Prehistory exam tomorrow. Have fun with your pseudo-intellectual rantings.
I wish you were right I only use the facts I know, I'm to lazy to search databases or use spelling check. I think you are upset because I mentioned
that you use direct citations from the literature, if I was coying like you say
why would I mispell the same word several times, you have an undergrad degree in anthropolgy? I am sorry that's all you could do, but I'm sure you make the best out of it.

Last edited by osomd1; 02-17-2008 at 10:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-17-2008, 10:40 PM
 
126 posts, read 245,055 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I'm assuming the intolerant, right wing extremists, fascist, racist, ignorant minority you speak of is those of us on this forum who are against illegal immigration, and YOU are the one who opposes our views, then I agree 100% with your statement. Do you even proof read what you write before you post it genius???
I stand firm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2008, 11:02 PM
 
126 posts, read 245,055 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraa Elkhateeb View Post
I am a member of this Forum
This forum for all
You U.S.
I am an Egyptian
We are equal in Internet
Each person chooses his country in Cyberspace
Internet is not the America
I did not get you in America
your government imposed on my country
I say my opinion on all issues
You did not say any opinion
You just want to infringe on others
If I do not understand
You can teach me.
But I want to learn from you anything other than hatred of others

( Why should Ireland have to change to cater to foriegners? Its up to the foriegner to change not the local.

To the person that said the EU is going to require driving on the right after a certain)

You said this talk
In another subject
You are talking about Ireland
You do not want to talk about America
I love America more you
You must learn
This forum is not in America
This forum talks about America
But this forum is not in America
I look for the freedom on the Internet
Because I am deprived of my freedom in my country
I am in this forum have freedom
You want to prevent me liberty
You can not therefore
I will leave this forum to keep it alone
I apologize to everyone before leaving
Greetings to you
Don't worry my friend, all these forums look the same; a bunch of unhappy people blaming their failures and misery on people of other races,
the reality out there is different and the US is a nice place to live, these
losers accout for 5-10% of the population and usualy operate from hideouts,
or with masks. Like in any other society the misfits always make more noise than the majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2008, 11:21 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
I wish you were right I only use the facts I know, I'm to lazy to search databases or use spelling check. I think you are upset because I mentioned
that you use direct citations from the literature, if I was coying like you say
why would I mispell the same word several times, you have an undergrad degree in anthropolgy? I am sorry that's all you could do, but I'm sure you make the best out of it.
Everybody on this forum knows that I have no problem citing sources when I use them. However, in this case, I've had enough classes and took enough notes during lecture that I can recite this stuff in my sleep.

You however, cannot spell, have no clear concept of punctuation, and do not know the difference between mitochondrial DNA and the small cellular organs which produce oxidation within cells, mithocondria, which clearly, are NOT DNA.

If you are as brilliant as you would have the rest of us to believe, then you've grown extremely intellectually lazy.

By the way, I am mid-way to my graduate degree with a minor in Geology, majoring in Lithic Analysis. After some field work with the BLM, and some travel abroad, I will begin my doctorate within the next year and a half to two years, most likely at Edinburgh University.

So sorry that my little ol' Ph.D. won't live up to your shovel bum image of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2008, 11:21 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
I stand firm
You stand firm on what? The fact that you worded your post wrong, implied that YOU YOURSELF "should be denied and stripped from their freedom of speech, and be banned from this and other forums" ? Well I stand firm also by agreeing with you. If your going to continue to condescend and insult people, you might want to try to NOT make yourself look like an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 06:54 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
You stand firm on what? The fact that you worded your post wrong, implied that YOU YOURSELF "should be denied and stripped from their freedom of speech, and be banned from this and other forums" ? Well I stand firm also by agreeing with you. If your going to continue to condescend and insult people, you might want to try to NOT make yourself look like an idiot.
Consider the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 AM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Reputation: 391
It looks like the bear doctor stepped in a pile of bear chit and came out of it bear-ly alive. It has been most enjoyable watching the members of this forum bear-hunting, my only disappointment is the target is so easy to hit.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 714,770 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Don't worry my friend, all these forums look the same; a bunch of unhappy people blaming their failures and misery on people of other races,
the reality out there is different and the US is a nice place to live, these
losers accout for 5-10% of the population and usualy operate from hideouts,
or with masks. Like in any other society the misfits always make more noise than the majority.
More BS and nothing but hateful remarks that have no truth at all in them. You speak about losers and I am guessing it is because you know all too well about them being one as you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 09:06 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
It looks like the bear doctor stepped in a pile of bear chit and came out of it bear-ly alive. It has been most enjoyable watching the members of this forum bear-hunting, my only disappointment is the target is so easy to hit.

We can only hope for an extended "hibernation" this season.....soon, if possible...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
Don't worry my friend, all these forums look the same; a bunch of unhappy people blaming their failures and misery on people of other races,
the reality out there is different and the US is a nice place to live, these
losers accout for 5-10% of the population and usualy operate from hideouts,
or with masks. Like in any other society the misfits always make more noise than the majority.
Failures? We're no where near finished!
You need to wake up and smell the poison ivy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top